A Cheap and Surprising Treat

Chronata

I was at the Dollar Store (specifically the Dollar Tree), buying packing materials, and I happened to wander into the toy aisle...

and there among the magic trick decks...what? Could that possibly be...?

A Tarot Deck.

I looked around the entire aisle and saw only this one single copy...in a blister package on the rack.

I immediately snatched it up.

Not expecting much for a dollar deck...I ripped it open before I even left the parking lot.

And was very pleasantly surprised!

It's really wonderfully graphic...red and black cards, with meanings for Past/Present/Future on each card...unillustrated pips (but hey...remember...a dollar!) and a little folding paper mat for laying them on.

The cardstock is a little flimsy and cheap...but I didn't expect much in that area.

Sweet.

Here's a couple of pics...first is a couple of the Majors, second is minors +the backs

I am off to try the other Dollar Tree on the other end of town, and see if I can score some more of these!

Attachments

• dollar tarot.jpg
    dollar tarot.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,444
  • dollar tarot 2.jpg
    dollar tarot 2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,102

Queen of Disks

There's two Dollar Trees by me and work that I know of, I will have to go look and see if I can find any.

Zephyros

Wow, they look as good as any of the more expensive decks, really nice! If the cardstock is too flimsy, think of laminating them; they may look a little unattractive and shiny, but hey, a dollar :)

nisaba

What IS the name on the packaging?

Chronata

It's simply called
TAROT cards. cartes
the box says
"Complete set with 78 cards
Read Your Friend's Minds!"

The back of the packaging has this:
"Created by Internationally known Medium Docc Hilford & American Mentalist Jon Stetson"

I usually peruse the magic trick deck section of the dollar store, so that I can buy the ones that have blank fronts and regular card backs...two decks for a dollar each give you 78 to create your own!

Penthasilia

These are fantastic!

<---seeing a trip to the dollar store in the future

nisaba

Read Your Friend's Minds!"

The back of the packaging has this:
"Created by Internationally known Medium Docc Hilford & American Mentalist Jon Stetson"

<groan> Oh, dear! That sounds awful. I want one immediately. If I were to throw money ...

Debra

Oh what a hoot! We've got Pricebusters--I'll check there.

Chronata

I just looked up websites for both "Fantasma Toys"(which it lists as the manufacturer) and the Dollar Tree...and neither has this product listed.

Bummer.

But if I find any more I will buy a boatload of them and happily distribute them among my friends here!