Carrying and storing multiple crystals, what are the rules?

Tiddles

Basically wanted to know which crystals should be kept apart in storage and also if it's ok to carry two or more stones in the same pocket at the same time. I'm sure it depends on which stones I'm talking about, so would like some advice from you guys, please.

cardlady22

I would say the physical limitations would be the main concern. Is the shape of one able to harm the other? What are their comparative hardness ratings? Things like that. Is it a specimen where the cleavage could sheer off too easily?

Wrapping in opposing corners of a handkerchief and rolling inward can help.

Tiddles

Thanks for the tip cardlady! I have all polished stones thus far and one sturdy quartz point, so I think I'll be ok with the edges, but I'll remember your advice if I get anything that looks like it could harm or be harmed. I'm glad to know that they are mixable. I think I may have heard about one or two that are better off on their own, but maybe I'm wrong.

cardlady22

Some people follow systems that give a planetary influence to each stone. They advise not mixing stones from planets that are antagonistic toward each other. (astrology based)

Bhavana

some stones are pretty fragile, even the polished ones. I have kept them in little bags together, and it is possible that even the slightest bang up against each other can cause damage.

For the most part, I don't carry around any of the more valuable or any of my more treasured stones. They stay home. I find a smaller, less expensive of the same type and then put it in a padded or cushioned carrier, like a small change purse or something like that. I also keep them loose in my pocket sometimes - and if something happens or I lose it, no big deal.

Tiddles

I put them in my pocket or the little coin pocket of my jeans. I am carrying my Lapis Lazuli to increase psychic abilities and then under my pillow for dream-work. I hope my dream last night wasn't a psychic vision as I was looking around for a hospital to "stay in" in it. Kinda freaked out that that dream might be prophetic, even though I'm seemingly healthy. Well, that would be for the divination board I guess. Not ready to figure that dream out yet.

214red

i would also say if your not sure which stones will go to together, try them, if in doubt only take one of the stones as you dont want them affecting you when out and about.

i mix and match stones depending on how they feel, some seem to work, some dont. I was charging some of my new ones by sleeping on them and combinations are usually fine, but i did for a couple of nights sleep with a herkimer diamond and seraphinite and had to stop because the dreams were way too bizzarre

Tiddles

Thanks Bhavana, 214, and
cardlady. You guys are always so helpful!