kindle novels with tarot involved

shadowdancer

read this one over the past two weeks:

"the cards of life and death" (currently sold for $4.99 but was I think 99c when I came across it) Have reviewed it on amazon :)

"Arcana" (currently free but may not be for much longer). Not read yet so no comments to make.

"Tarot cards and hair dye" (currently free but may not be for much longer). Not read yet so no comments to make.

Just a heads up for those who are interested in reading ebooks with a tarot theme to the story in some shape or form.

Lee

Thanks shadowdancer, I just downloaded "Arcana."

RexMalaki

Thanks shadowdancer, I just downloaded "Arcana."

I read Arcana...it was great until the end...I just couldn't believe it was over!

Teheuti

Arcana by Tim Jarman

I enjoyed Arcana until the end. It's almost as if the author got tired of writing or was bored with the characters. It's really too bad because it spoiled the whole thing for me.

Warning - this is a book that seems like a series of disconnected pieces but slowly the pieces start coming together and just when you are deciding it was worth it all, the author drops the ball entirely. The writing style is old fashioned, reminding me of some of Charles Williams occult novels (not so much The Greater Trumps, but the others).

Asher

I just downloaded Arcana & am looking forward to reading it. Thanks for your thoughts, Mary! I'll get to it as soon as I finish re-reading book 3 of The Hunger Games.

RexMalaki

I just downloaded: "The Greater Trumps" by Charles Williams,

but I told myself I have to finish "The Music of Pythagoras: How an Ancient Brotherhood Cracked the Code of the Universe and Lit the Path from Antiquity to Outer Space" by Kitty Ferguson first!

Asher

I enjoyed Arcana until the end. It's almost as if the author got tired of writing or was bored with the characters. It's really too bad because it spoiled the whole thing for me.

Warning - this is a book that seems like a series of disconnected pieces but slowly the pieces start coming together and just when you are deciding it was worth it all, the author drops the ball entirely. The writing style is old fashioned, reminding me of some of Charles Williams occult novels (not so much The Greater Trumps, but the others).

I wholeheartedly agree. While I enjoyed the story, the writing was not very engaging, and the story just...ends. I wanted to know what happened to the other characters after what they went through together. The Kindle formatting was pretty good, but I noticed quite a few typos, which I find very distracting. But all in all, not a bad read for the price.

I did find a new one this morning...The Magician and the Fool by Barth Anderson. Anyone read it? It has some negative reviews on Amazon and glowing reviews on the author's website. I'd like to know more before spending $9.99.

Asher

New one...

Destined: A Novel of the Tarot by Gail Cleare. A very good read, and currently free!

WalesWoman

Destined: A Novel of the Tarot by Gail Cleare. A very good read, and currently free!

I just read that one over the weekend, it wasn't bad at all. She covered lots of territory and eac of the Major Arcana was featured as the theme for each chapter.