Cherry Quartz - is it a real quartz?

hibiscusmoon

Cherry Quartz

~link removed by moderator~
Sometimes, well meaning sellers have a bonafide fire or harlequin quartz & call it "Cherry Quartz" b/c they think it sounds better. You just need to be an informed buyer & do your research. :)

Crystal Blessings,
Hibiscus Moon

angeljunkie

When it comes to man made stones, they can look beautiful, but have no energy. I have a pendant that I thought was turquoise, but after I received it I didn't feel anything from it. It felt light and didn't leave my hands with that bit of numbing that most gemstones do. I realized later that it was one of those repowdered stones. I feel like they really lose everything in that process aside from aesthetically looking nice.

LeaRoseQuartz

I more recently went to a new shop in my area, that sells gemstone items, clothes and knicknacks. I looked at cherry quartz and goldstone chip necklaces. They were very pretty, but I decided on an amethyst ring for now. When I was paying, I asked the owner if she knew the necklaces were manmade, and she said the seller she bought them from, told her they were natural. I said, sometimes they don't know or can lie to buyers. She said, no, I trust the sellers. I told her, I've been reading books and looking at the internet for many years, and have come to know about gemstones pretty well. She then said, she always believes the sellers. I felt, she could of known her stones a little better and not made me look stupid. My husband and me were the only customers in the shop at the time, so I didn't think I had embarrassed her. I left the place feeling mad and I don't get that way very easily. I have been back since, and bought howlite and carnelian bracelets. I'll also, be back for those chip necklaces, someday. :)