Horary DIY

Minderwiz

The question is about a meeting, not about romance so the secondary significators are not used. That leaves us with Mercury and Jupiter plus the Moon as a co-significator for you or him, as needed.

The mutual reception of Jupiter (in the Face of Mercury) and Mercury (in the Terms of Juptier) shows a mutual attraction but not a strong one, more on your part than his - in his case it means he won't dislike you, rather than he'll fall head over heals in love But it's a fair start

The separation of the Moon from Jupiter isn't necessarily an indication of a past connection, it could simply mean the opportunity is passing. However Moon, Jupiter is a better proposition in terms of mutual reception, as you point out Taurus is the Moon's exaltation and Cancer is Jupiter's. The trine aspect, though not applying strengthens the connection. So we have a mutual reception which is much stronger and may be enough to deliver a 'yes' answer. If this had been a 'romance' question I would have felt it very strongly points to a 'yes' answer, if JL was someone that you'd had some contact with - even if only by online means or through letters or email. As it is, there's a good indicator of a meeting.

Indeed if it were a romance question, I'd have used the Sun as a second significateor of him and concluded very strongly on a 'yes' answer. But as you've confined it to a meeting (and not even a date) I have to ignore the Sun and the Moon/Sun trine and for that matter the fifth House. I'd say you have a good chance of that meeting but not the certainty of it.

Incidentally, yes there are exaltation degrees and they may have once had a real significance but even by early medieval time they were secondary to the sign as a a measure of planetary strength.

Ronia

Ah! Thank you Minderwiz! I keep making mistakes but I hope with the time things will start falling into places! At least, there is a ray of light there. :) Seems I'm choosing some of the significators properly and started reading the dignities a little bit. :)

Ronia

I have a quick question: I did a chart, question being will A marry B this year? A's significator the Sun applies for a trine to 7th house significator Saturn. No other aspects prior to that, Asc and Moon are OK. Do I need to investigate the chart further or is the applying trine between the significators of 1 and 7 houses enough for a positive answer?

Minderwiz

I have a quick question: I did a chart, question being will A marry B this year? A's significator the Sun applies for a trine to 7th house significator Saturn. No other aspects prior to that, Asc and Moon are OK. Do I need to investigate the chart further or is the applying trine between the significators of 1 and 7 houses enough for a positive answer?

When did you do the chart? If it was a few weeks back with Sun in Aquarius, then this looks very promising for a wedding. Just double check that neither Sun nor Saturn will be aspected by a third planet before thchartne is perfected. If its a day chart the things will be even stronger with Saturn as the Air triplicity ruler. if you find no impediments on your double check then you can feel reasonably safe in your prediction - assuming the chart is radical, so double check that too.

If its a chart cast in the last few days then there is no tribe trine forming between Sun in Aries and Saturn in Libra, so you need to recheck your chart completely. And yes, I've 'seen' aspects that weren't there in the past and found the error on a double or even triple check :)

Ronia

It was about two or three weeks ago, I'll check back but towards the beginning of this month. Thanks, Mnderwiz, I'll go back and double check all you suggested! :)

Ok, here is what I checked and got:
Asc in 20 Leo - querent = Sun
Moon in 19 Capricorn (not Via Combusta), still has aspects to come (one of which is a square to Saturn though)
Dsc in 20 Aquarius - partner = Saturn

Sun in last degree of Aquarius ia applying for a trine to Saturn in last degree of Libra. I know the last degrees are critical but don't know how to decipher it here. Otherwise there won't be another aspect before this one, they are only minutes apart. I also see the Sun is not in its best shape while Saturn is exalted but is the applying trine here enough to say "yes"?

I also checked the houses - Sun in the 7th, yes, the querent wants this marriage. Saturn is in the 3rd for the querent but 9th for himself, he is a foreigner and it will be a second marriage for him. The Moon is in the 5th house, yes, she is in love. She is also in the sign of Saturn.

That's what I got. The main question being is the trine enough or not?

Ronia

OK, I'll tell this person the answer is "yes" then.

Cosmos

Hey!
I have been trying to read through this whole thread and I'm really amazed by it..
You are pretty awesome Minderwiz! :D

I have casted a chart but I'm having trouble reading it.. would you be so kind and help me on this one?

I have this thing with this guy, well I'm not sure what that is, you see we have been "friends" for a very long time, we even tried long-distance (yeah we live in different countries which is a big problem) but it didn't work very well.. so we've dated other people but that never really worked either. We were talking about it the other day and he said he wonders if we'll find our way back to eachother. If we will ever meet up..

I'd really like to know are we going to meet up eventually..

Thanks in advance sweets!

Rio de Janeiro Brazil
21:12
04/01/2012

I have the chart here but I'm having a hard time posting it, I'm sorry..

Minderwiz

I'll always help anyone who calls me "sweets" :) Don't worry about trying to post a graphic chart, just post the time date and place of your chart and most importantly the question you asked.

Please put the date in the format of day, month, year - 2 April 2012 is unambiguous, 02/04/2012 means the same to all but Americans who would see the latter as 4 February 2012. I've got caught with this so often in the past that I now always double check :). Similarly please use 24 hour clock or ensure it's clearly AM or PM. so I don't get the chart 12 hours out :)

Fezzi

Ok, so I know very little about astrology, but this was just too interesting! I figured if I can get through one of these and things start to click, I'll work with it some more.

So, step 1, finding the significators. This is all Greek to me, so, tell me if I have this right....Scorpio is my ascendant, so my significator would be it's ruling planet Mars? And when asking about a romantic relationship, a specific person, the descendant is Taurus, so his significators will be Venus?

So I'll need to pay attention to what house these planets are in, and what planets are in the 5th and 7th house?

Am I on the right track here?

Attachments

• astrology chart.jpg
    astrology chart.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 278

Minderwiz

So, step 1, finding the significators. This is all Greek to me, so, tell me if I have this right....Scorpio is my ascendant, so my significator would be it's ruling planet Mars? And when asking about a romantic relationship, a specific person, the descendant is Taurus, so his significators will be Venus?

Yes you've got that right. You are signified by Mars, and he is signified by Venus

Fezzi said:
So I'll need to pay attention to what house these planets are in, and what planets are in the 5th and 7th house?

Am I on the right track here?

Having correctly identified the two significators, your next step is to make a judgement about their strength and ability to act in this situation. Planets in the seventh may have some bearing (if this case only Venus is in the seventh, so that will be considered in your evaluation of Venus). Planets in the fifth are not necessarily relevant here, unless they are or will aspect one or both of the two significators, or unless they aspect the Ascendent/Descendent.

Evaluation of Mars and Venus is two stage:

Firstly evaluate their essential dignity in their current (chart) zodiacal positions

Secondly evaluate their accidental dignity, that really boils down to house placement, their relationship to the Sun (e.g. retrograde or combust), and any aspects from other planets which might be helpful or which might hinder.

Taking essential dignity first, just as a starter, you should be able to identify that Venus is in Taurus, her own sign - so she's strong in essential dignity. Mars on the other hand is in Virgo, which is not a particularly good sign for Mars. Usually Mars would be Peregrine here, that is lacking some clear direction or control, however Mars does have a mutual reception with Mercury, as they are in each others Terms - Mars (you) might have a friend who can help but Terms are not very dignified, so you are the weaker of the two in this situation.

Taking accidental dignity, Mars is well placed in the tenth but that positioon is not as strong as it could be because the cusp is in Leo and Mars is in Virgo. Furthermore, Mars is retrograde, so this adds to the lack of control and direction.

Venus is in it's own house and in the seventh - a strong and self centred position - He is (at the moment) more concerned with his own interests but these don't particularly include
romance.

The next thing to consider is whether there is a change coming - that is will there be an aspect or other link between Mars and Venus, which might bring you two together. There is no aspect forming between Mars and Venus so our first way of identifying a possible coming together offers little hope.

Nor is any other planet in line to aspect Mars and Venus in turn (or be aspected by them in turn), so the second way of predicting a coming together (by way of a third party) does not look promising.

However the Moon acts as your co-significator, and the Moon is applying to Venus by antiscion (see some of the early posts to learn more about this). The coming contact between Moon and Venus offers a real chance of him noticing you

There's no strong reception here (that is one or other significator in a major dignity of the other) so whether this will become a serious relationship is by no means as certain - however the opportunity looks likely to materialise, whether you can develop it into something more is your challenge.