Horary DIY

Minderwiz

Hi!

Dunno if any more questions are being taken, in case if it is yes, then do have a question.

Question: Will 'AC' get arrested this month?

Date: Time of question: 08:33 AM

Date of question: Thursday, May 10, 2012

Place of question: Kolkata, India

Latitude & Longitude: 22°34′10.92″N / 88°22′10.92″E

Link to chart: http://i50.tinypic.com/e9udl0.jpg

Many thanks in advance.

Yes the thread is still open but to answer this question requires a lot more background. What are the circumstances behind the question and how do they relate to you?

This informaction is vital for the determination of the houses used to derive the answer. Who is AC - are they a relative, friend, or colleague for example. What crime(s) are alleged? and is AC in the habit of getting arrestedand indeed do they live a criminal lifestyle

Nalini

Thanks a lot.

I shared a relationship with AC and he is a respectable citizen as per as my knowledge.

The charges that have been pressed against him (by me) is that of cheating (which he has actually committed, documents and evidences have been furnished to court and cops). The matter is interstate (that is cops from one state will go to the other where he is currently located to arrest him).

However, what is unknown at this point is if he is still there or not and whether cops will take a bribe and come back to report to the magistrate that they were unable to find him (but that's only my fear, no indication or facts of it happenening so far).

Hope that helps.

Minderwiz

Yes, that helps a lot. You have a clean interest and are clearly the first house. He is effectively a fugitive and the question comes down to Will he be apprehended.

I'm actually away for the next week, but Will cast a chart and get back to you when I return. I walk still have a link to Aeclectic whilst in away but only the most rudimentary Astrological tools.

Nalini

Thanks Minderwiz, I really appreciate it.

Nytebugg

I had a question about horary significators and figured this thread would suffice. Hopefully, Minderwiz spots it.

How do you deal with a chart where the querent and the quested are the same significator? Is there any particular meaning to them being same?

Minderwiz

I had a question about horary significators and figured this thread would suffice. Hopefully, Minderwiz spots it.

How do you deal with a chart where the querent and the quested are the same significator? Is there any particular meaning to them being same?

The only time that there's a particular meaning is if it's a question about yourself - for example a question on general health, or where should I live or if it's a question about someone who is absent, and is unrelated to the querent. In all such cases the first House is used and the condition of the Ascendant ruler is judged together with any planets in the first or in aspect to the Ascendant.

The most usual cases that I come across are where, for example, Gemini is rising but the quesited's house cusp is in Virgo. That is we are dealing with two separate signs (and houses) but both are ruled by the same planet. or it's a second House question and the same sign is on the cusp of both the Ascendant and the second (the same will apply to twelfth House questions but I can't remember having one LOL).

There are several strategies that you can use:

I almost always give the planet that rules both Ascendant and the questited's house to the querent. There are some circumstances where I might not do that and I'll mention those at the end.

For the quesited I will use:

A planet in the house, providing it's in the same sign as the cusp and it's of an appropriate nature (In these circumstances I wouldn't use Saturn to signifiy a young girl, for example)

No or inappropriate planets, then I would use the exaltation ruler.

No exaltation ruler (Gemini, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Aquarius) I would use the Triplicity ruler.

This will always produce a significator for the questited and I've rarely had to use the triplicity ruler in these circumstances.

Some readers will take a natural significator for the quesited, for example Venus for jewellery or fashionable clothing, Mercury for a book or pen or computer, rather than falling back on the triplicity ruler or even the exaltation ruler. I rarelly do that, but it's always amn option.

The circumstances in which I won't use the Ascendant ruler for the querent is usually where Capricorn, Pisces or Aries is rising. Then I'll use either the exaltation ruler, (Mars, Venus and the Sun respectively) for the querent and use Saturn, Jupiter and Mars for the quesited.

The only troublesome situation that arises is when Mercury is involved. In this case Mercury is both ruler and exaltation ruler for Virgo, so there's no second choice easiily available. I will usually assign Virgo to the querant if there's a planet in the Gemini house (same sign) or use a natural significator.

If neither are available for some reason (usually multiple houses involved) I'll look if there's a planet in the first (in Virgo) or a natural significator for the querent (for example Venus if it's a young woman) and give Mercury to the quesited.

If this were to fail (and it hasn't up to now) I'd use the Earth Triplicity ruler for the querent (Venus by Day, Moon by Night).

This actually only takes a moment or two to do. It's a matter of ensuring that there's a logical choice available. The main times I run into this problem is if there's multiple houses involved, foir example a house purchase, where the first (querent) fourth (property), Seventh (other party to the transaction), second (querent's money), eighth (other party's money) and even the sixth (estate agent) may be involved. In those questions it's almost certain that I will go to exaltation rulers, planets in houses, etc.

Nytebugg

Thank you for the thorough reply. Like everything about horary I have to let it all sink in and filter through.
It was one where it had been Gemini rising and the quested house cusp was in Virgo.

RohanMenon

I hope this thread is not dead and it is ok to post

I found this description of an 'invalid question' interesting.

"Any question that asks you to reveal the mind of God or the fundamental purpose of life, or even the existence or not of the deity. You are not authorised to speak for God, nor are you able to read the divine purpose from a horary chart or indeed any chart, unless God chooses to reveal herself through it. So if the question is 'Does God intend me to be a missionary to Alabama?' You don't accept the question but you do try to negotiate a change - see below."

I found this interesting. Where does this caution come from? Christianity? or even earlier?

I ask because in Vedic astrology, this is a perfectly valid question. Vedic horary astrology is called "prashna" (sanskrit for 'question') and there is a sub branch (very much a specialty) called "deva prashna" (literally "asking God (or a god) a question" and an extremely skilled astrologer is called a 'daivajna' (Sanskrit for "he who knows (the mind of/will of) God")

Interesting that different cultures can have such different attitudes. (i have no idea which, if either, of these ideas is 'right' etc. I just thought the contrast was worth noting)

Minderwiz

From memory, I think it's paraphrase of John Crawley, who is a staunch Catholic. However, Western Horary has only really existed under Islam or Christianity, both of which religions would take a serious exception to questioning the existence of God, or questioning God's purpose.

Throughout It's history under Christendom, judicial Astrology (of which Horary is a part) was deeply suspect. Any Astrologer who claimed he could read Gods will was effectively challenging the Christian churches claim to be the sole path to God.

In a more polytheistic culture the question looses some of its meaning, if we are talking about the purpose of one God amongst the many. Moreover 'Will god X aid my fight against cancer?' and 'Will the new drug help my fight against cancer?' are very similar questions relating to my health. There is a grey area between the two positions.

There is also an argument that if horary is a form of divination, then it has the existence of God as a primary axiom. No God, No answer!

RohanMenon

Well Hinduism,at least in India

is polytheistic in that it has many God *forms*. But most practising Hindus don't see these as separate dieties, but rather different forms of the One deity, and so horary questions are posed to the astrologer as what does (the One) God want (for me / about this matter/ in this context)? . What is rare is the question that what does this specific god *form* want, which happens when a family has worshipped a specific (small d) diety for centuries ,and want questions answered from that specific diety, who is of course the overruling One (!! )

For horary queries specific to the affairs of a particular temple's affairs, the question is addressed to that temple's particular diety, who, even then is seen as "The One" in that particular context.

It is hard to explain, but most Hindus switch easily between a polytheistic viewpoint to a monotheistic one and back again because of this 'multiple forms of a Single Deity" idea. Which is confusing to people from religions which make a big deal of one DIety vs everyone else, but I suspect the Greeks may have had similar ideas (just guessing)

The idea that the planets reflect (and manifest) the Will of the One, and so also provide a channel to that Will (via astrology) wouldn't be extraordinary (at all) in a Hindu context. I suspect it is a deep philosophical difference between religions and cultures, which affects astrological practise.

All good. As I said, I just thought it might be interesting to note it down.

not really making a statement as to which viewpoint is 'right' etc.

It makes perfect sense if this restriction comes from Frawley.

PS: Atheism is miniscule in India. More than 99 % of people believe in a 'God' of some kind.