Horary DIY

RohanMenon

Void of Course Moon doubt

To this question earlier in the thread

"How do you spot a Void of Course Moon? As the Moon moves through the sign, of course the other planets are in motion as well, so I'm having a hard time with how one would figure out whether it will make aspects to other planets before it changes sign."

Minderwiz said

"The key is that the planet to which the Moon applies is either in an appropriate sign (that is one sextile, square, trine or in opposition to the Moon's current sign) and in a later degree than the Moon or in a very early degree of the 'next' sign and within the Moon's orb at it's current location. For example Moon at 20 degrees Capricorn will aspect any planet in Capricorn at a later degree, or any planet in Pisces, Aries, Taurus or Cancer which is also further on than 20 degrees."

hmm if the Moon is at 20 degrees Capricorn, surely a planet in Scorpio 27 (say) will also form a perfect sextile before the Moon leaves the sign, just as one at Pisces 27 will? Likewise for square and trine?

The above seems to consider only the along-the-zodiac aspects and not the reverse direction. Any reason for this? Lilly's VOC definition does not seem to include aspects in one direction only (could be I understood it wrong, corrections appreciated)

foolMoon

Use of the outer planets in Horary

This is a great but long thread about Horary with loads of gem information on the subject. But I have not read all the posts in the thread, so excuse me if this question had been dealt in the thread already.

My question is, when the outer planets are to be used in Horary readings. Horary being traditional astrology based, the outer planets were not known at the time when Lilly and many other famous ancient astrologers were active, and maybe hence the reason the planets were not used?

But once they are found and known to us for now around one or two three centuries, shouldn't they be used in horary readings? Because even now many horary astrologers do not use the outer planets in their readings, but some seem do. Should they be used in horary readings or not? Only in certain occasions? What is your view?

Sharla

This is a great but long thread about Horary with loads of gem information on the subject. But I have not read all the posts in the thread, so excuse me if this question had been dealt in the thread already.

My question is, when the outer planets are to be used in Horary readings. Horary being traditional astrology based, the outer planets were not known at the time when Lilly and many other famous ancient astrologers were active, and maybe hence the reason the planets were not used?

But once they are found and known to us for now around one or two three centuries, shouldn't they be used in horary readings? Because even now many horary astrologers do not use the outer planets in their readings, but some seem do. Should they be used in horary readings or not? Only in certain occasions? What is your view?

This is just my personal view on outers from my experience with horary's....

If an outer is on a house cusp or rising, i read it as being significant. If in a house asked about i.e 7th, ill read as significant, especially if in conjunction with querent or quesited, but other than that i'll just ignore them.....unless in another way they are pointed out to me.
Uranus has been significant in a few of my charts now, not so much pluto and neptune.

foolMoon

This is just my personal view on outers from my experience with horary's....

If an outer is on a house cusp or rising, i read it as being significant. If in a house asked about i.e 7th, ill read as significant, especially if in conjunction with querent or quesited, but other than that i'll just ignore them.....unless in another way they are pointed out to me.
Uranus has been significant in a few of my charts now, not so much pluto and neptune.

I tend to pay more attention to Neptune in horary charts. I can see your points on the outers getting significant when rising or near the cusp from the bounds dignity. When they are degrees after 25, they become melefics. And if they are in angular houses as well.

Anyhow I tend to use them. Just wondered how other people feel about them, and deal with them.

Sharla

I tend to pay more attention to Neptune in horary charts. I can see your points on the outers getting significant when rising or near the cusp from the bounds dignity. When they are degrees after 25, they become melefics. And if they are in angular houses as well.
Why Neptune ? Neptunes never had an impact in any of my horary's up to now, but then again ive never paid much attention to it, so maybe i should have.
That's the only time outers have ever meant anything for me, when rising or directly on a house cusp, yes and in an angular.....but more so Uranus
So all planets after 25 degrees become malefics, or just outers ? Didn't know this.

Anyhow I tend to use them. Just wondered how other people feel about them, and deal with them.[/QUOTE]

foolMoon

Why Neptune ? Neptunes never had an impact in any of my horary's up to now, but then again ive never paid much attention to it, so maybe i should have.
That's the only time outers have ever meant anything for me, when rising or directly on a house cusp, yes and in an angular.....but more so Uranus
So all planets after 25 degrees become malefics, or just outers ? Didn't know this.

Anyhow I tend to use them. Just wondered how other people feel about them, and deal with them.
[/QUOTE]

From my horary reading experience, giving Neptune emphasis worked more accurately, so I keep using them.

25 degrees or more associated with the malefic comes from "Terms and Bounds dignity" of Hellenistic Astrology, that all 12 signs tend to have malefic planets deposited in that area of the house degrees.