Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Free Astrology Software

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Astrology


 
LilyanRose  LilyanRose is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 04 Feb 2015
Location: Kentucky USA
Posts: 7
LilyanRose 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE View Post
I dont know if it has been mentioned. There is a cool free astrology software here: http://www.astrowin.org/astro123.htm

If you, like me, have a anti-virus software which does not display the whole page, you can trust it. It is safe.
This is a great free software program. Thanks for the tip!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #41
Petr  Petr is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 03 Feb 2015
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 5
Petr 
Resident
Valens


I recommend it for students Hellenistic astrology program Valens.
He also includes a calculation Zodiacal Releasing.
Author Robert Nagy (Morinus) wrote it for students of the course Chris Brenann.

https://sites.google.com/site/astrovalens/
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #42
Minderwiz's Avatar
Minderwiz  Minderwiz is offline
Student of Astrology
 
Join Date: 20 Apr 2002
Location: Wigan, UK
Posts: 7,888
Minderwiz 
Student of Astrology

Minderwiz's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petr View Post
I recommend it for students Hellenistic astrology program Valens.
He also includes a calculation Zodiacal Releasing.
Author Robert Nagy (Morinus) wrote it for students of the course Chris Brenann.

https://sites.google.com/site/astrovalens/
I'm actually doing Chris Brennan's course, so this was of immediate interest. I sort of have the feeling that the program is incomplete, or that Rob has given up developing it, because there doesn't seem to be any new releases since last June.

I had difficulty installing it, despite there being a windows version. In the end I had to install python and then install the program, to get it to run. This means running it from the command prompt.

The good thing is that it uses the same database format as Morinus and thus charts an be read by either program (including the 'full' version of Morinus). If I remember correctly (I'm not at my desktop, so can't check) the Hermetic Lots are pre-installed. and further Lots can be added, just like Traditional Morinus. Unlike Traditional Morinus, it doesn't allow for a wheel style chart, only the traditional square chart. Chris uses the wheel style in his lectures and course handouts, so it doesn't quite fit with the course look and feel. I would certainly want this feature added.

ZR is reasonably well implemented, better that some programs that are paid for but it's still primitive compared to Delphic Oracle.

Personally, I think Rob would have been better to install the Hellenistic features into Traditional Morinus, which he has already adapted to cope with the Lots. That would create a very powerful program for Hellenistic and Medieval Astrology. As it is, the customer base is highly restricted and I (sadly) would not see it meeting the needs of the the general Astrologer looking for a free program. I hope he either develops it or combines it with Morinus because it could become a really useful program.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #43
Petr  Petr is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 03 Feb 2015
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 5
Petr 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz View Post
I'm actually doing Chris Brennan's course, so this was of immediate interest. I sort of have the feeling that the program is incomplete, or that Rob has given up developing it, because there doesn't seem to be any new releases since last June.

I had difficulty installing it, despite there being a windows version. In the end I had to install python and then install the program, to get it to run. This means running it from the command prompt.

The good thing is that it uses the same database format as Morinus and thus charts an be read by either program (including the 'full' version of Morinus). If I remember correctly (I'm not at my desktop, so can't check) the Hermetic Lots are pre-installed. and further Lots can be added, just like Traditional Morinus. Unlike Traditional Morinus, it doesn't allow for a wheel style chart, only the traditional square chart. Chris uses the wheel style in his lectures and course handouts, so it doesn't quite fit with the course look and feel. I would certainly want this feature added.

ZR is reasonably well implemented, better that some programs that are paid for but it's still primitive compared to Delphic Oracle.

Personally, I think Rob would have been better to install the Hellenistic features into Traditional Morinus, which he has already adapted to cope with the Lots. That would create a very powerful program for Hellenistic and Medieval Astrology. As it is, the customer base is highly restricted and I (sadly) would not see it meeting the needs of the the general Astrologer looking for a free program. I hope he either develops it or combines it with Morinus because it could become a really useful program.
I do not have problems. Valens works well in Windows XP and Windows 7.
Setting to a round horoscope: Options - Appearance - Chart - Round. Rob is my friend. I helped him with the primary directions module in the program Morinus. He unfortunately has little time, so he stopped to develop Morinus and will not continue on the program Valens. Maybe sometime in the future.
Yes, Curtis program is the best and affordable.
Unfortunately, my English is not good. I hope you can understand the text.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #44
KatieLuvs  KatieLuvs is offline
Resident
 
Join Date: 14 Apr 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 6
KatieLuvs 
Resident
Angry Astrology Software?


What do you guys mean software? So its a computer generated scope?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #45
kalliope's Avatar
kalliope  kalliope is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 May 2005
Location: MA, USA
Posts: 1,343
kalliope 
Citizen

kalliope's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieLuvs View Post
What do you guys mean software? So its a computer generated scope?
This thread is mostly talking about software to calculate one's chart, not necessarily software that will interpret it for you, if that helps.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #46
Minderwiz's Avatar
Minderwiz  Minderwiz is offline
Student of Astrology
 
Join Date: 20 Apr 2002
Location: Wigan, UK
Posts: 7,888
Minderwiz 
Student of Astrology

Minderwiz's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieLuvs View Post
What do you guys mean software? So its a computer generated scope?
Yes but usually with the facility to calculate derived charts, such as Solar or other return charts, plus a lot of supporting data.

Astrological software runs from programs that will calculate a chart from date of event, time of event and location of event and little else up to programs that will indeed give you an interpretation (of sorts) and an awful lot of data which the user can interpret/process. Event here means anything that you think is important, though for most users it will probably be a birth (your own or friends/family).

The gain in facilities is at the cost of price increases. So at the bottom we have freebies, the best of which, In my opinion, is Morinus (though there are some that are nearly as good) up to really expensive programs costing $300+

At either end of the market (and indeed all the way through), it really comes down to the facilities you need (rather than want) and the look and feel of the program, which is why there's no single best all round program.

If you're interested, have a look through the thread and pick out one or two you fancy. As Kalliope says most of the discussion is at the cheap to free end, because you have to be a real enthusiast to pay over $100, let alone the $300 - $500 you will find out there.

If you find something you're interested in, then ask any further questions you want about your picks
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #47
dadsnook2000's Avatar
dadsnook2000  dadsnook2000 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 30 Apr 2003
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 3,474
dadsnook2000 
Citizen

dadsnook2000's Avatar
WolfyJame was right


Early in this posting, WolfyJames noted a freeware program, StarFisher. I had overlooked that as well as a review of the program in a 2014 issue of the Mountain Astrologer. What a nice program.

It is free-to-download, free-to-use AND easy-to-use.. It is well suited to all of the processes so popular today in terms of natal, progressed, directed, Returns, etc. It is not suited to the interests of Minderwiz. What thrills me most is that this great program is able to calculate the new predictive system that is outline in my book, Personal Moon-to-Sun Returns2 which is planned for a March, 2016 release.

Important for Acelectic's Astrology group is that this is superior by far to anything I have seen on the Internet for internet-based usage. It is better than Halloran's Astrology for Windows (I have AstroDelux Report Writer, its big brother). This software package is an "open source" package. Anyone can change, improve the coding, and share it with others. It is owned by the 'public' now --- that's you. Give up that Internet stuff and get something good. Dave
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #48
danieljuk's Avatar
danieljuk  danieljuk is offline
Sad Oracle
 
Join Date: 23 Nov 2011
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,828
danieljuk 
Sad Oracle

danieljuk's Avatar

thank you Dave for posting that. I went to download it and I am only an astrology beginner but I had tried some software before and Starfisher is really the best so far! and free! I could see my birth chart just fine and it has many features. You can turn on interpretation notes from an author source and I actually had a revelation about some of the things it came up with that I hadn't worked out yet in my study. You can also put your mouse over the symbols and explains what they mean if you are a beginner like me. eg astrological sign (trine sign) astrological sign. It is quite intuitive! there is much more for me to explore on it but found it really great so far
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #49
daphne's Avatar
daphne  daphne is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 16 Nov 2009
Location: in love with Tarot
Posts: 1,953
daphne 
Citizen

daphne's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljuk View Post
You can turn on interpretation notes from an author source and I actually had a revelation about some of the things it came up with that I hadn't worked out yet in my study.
How can I turn on the interpretation notes, I cannot find it in settings. Or it does not work.

- never mind, found it -
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #50
 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.