Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

KingMimi 
Resident

Five of cups and ace of cups for attraction?

If you were to ask if a guy thinks your pretty when he sees you for the first time in years
face to face and you got:

5 of cups and ace of cups

Does that mean that he thinks your unattractive and he regrets ever starting to have feelings for you or does it mean that he thinks your pretty and he regrets not starting a relationship with you?
KingMimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Tibor 
Citizen

Well for me it all depends on which was the first card you pulled ( I guess it was the 5 of Cups). In that case I would say that it might be an emotionally challenging encounter for both of you but new feelings may develop (Ace of Cups). Are there any specific names you assigned for these card positions or you just randomly pulled two cards and want to interpret them as a combination???
Tibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Tibor 
Citizen

I just have a little problem with questions like this because to me it sounds a little bit too desperate.I mean it sounds like you really want him to like you anyway. I mean if I were to meet a guy for the first time after years I would eventually find out whether he (still) likes me or not (eventually) from how he interacts with me etc. I think I would ask the cards something like: What can I expect from this encounter?

Last edited by Tibor; 09-02-2012 at 22:25.
Tibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
KingMimi 
Resident

No names just two cards as a combo.
Five of cups was first then the ace.
The specific question was does he think the girl is pretty.
She already knows he likes her so that question doesn't need to be answered she just wants to know if there's still a attraction after all these years. There's nothing desperate about that. :/
KingMimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
PAMUYA 
Citizen

I see the cards saying that he feels that she has let herself go, but she has potenial.
PAMUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
starrystarrynight 
Intolerance intolerant

My first thought, which may or may not fit, is that if he is a shallow, superficial person, he will first notice the more negative differences about her that have occurred since the last time he saw her (he will take the more pessimistic view of seeing the three spilled cups as opposed to the two cups that remain standing behind the figure in the image.) So, if she has lost or gained weight or earned some experience lines in her face, that is what he will notice...not whether or not he thinks she is pretty. That is because the Ace of Cups, in this instance, makes me think he is looking at her with a "what's in it for me?" frame of mind.

I would go on to suspect that the Ace is also a comment to your querent not to worry so much about those kinds of skin-deep issues and to really concentrate on loving herself and feeling whole without depending upon what anyone else thinks about her appearance.

Old 10-02-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Thirteen 
The Thirteenth Moon

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrystarrynight View Post
That is because the Ace of Cups, in this instance, makes me think he is looking at her with a "what's in it for me?" frame of mind.
I'm not sure I'd see the Ace/Cups as that as compared to an Ace/Wands or Ace/Pentacles. Love can see beneath the surface after all, and the Ace is the potential to do that.
Quote:
I would go on to suspect that the Ace is also a comment to your querent not to worry so much about those kinds of skin-deep issues and to really concentrate on loving herself and feeling whole without depending upon what anyone else thinks about her appearance.
Ah! I think you may have it I think you're right that the cards crossed their arms and decided to send a little message to the sitter here to stop focusing on those spilled cups (what if I'm not pretty?) and look to what still stands and can grow out of this no matter what either of them look like. Good call!
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
Thirteen 
The Thirteenth Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMimi View Post
The specific question was does he think the girl is pretty.
She already knows he likes her so that question doesn't need to be answered she just wants to know if there's still a attraction after all these years. There's nothing desperate about that. :/
KingMimi, look at Starry's take on a message from the cards to the sitter about this question. I think it's spot on. The issue isn't what he thinks, because as you say, she knows he likes her--so why should anything else matter? Which means that the issue is what she thinks of herself. And what she thinks, even if not desperate, is certainly superficial and going to hurt this potential relationship. Love can't develop if the one seeking it is obsessed with what they have lost rather than aware of what they still have (the two standing cups) and what could be (the Ace/Cups).

Even reading it from the opposite point of view, his view, the message remains the same: The Ace Cups says that he is not dwelling on the differences--hers, his or how it was--he's turned from the spilled cups and is looking at those still standing.
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
WalesWoman 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMimi View Post
If you were to ask if a guy thinks your pretty when he sees you for the first time in years
face to face and you got:

5 of cups and ace of cups

Does that mean that he thinks your unattractive and he regrets ever starting to have feelings for you or does it mean that he thinks your pretty and he regrets not starting a relationship with you?
I think it means "Oh God, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not that question please! No matter what I say it's going to start some emotional thing and be wrong!" Kind of like if you ask, "Do these jeans make my butt look big?"

Old 10-02-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
canid 
Not sure yet...

I have to agree. Maybe he was expecting something more from you (5 of Cups), like what the Ace of Cups portrays, & your question disappointed him. If I don't want an honest answer, I don't ask the question. I hate when people pin me down like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalesWoman View Post
I think it means "Oh God, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not that question please! No matter what I say it's going to start some emotional thing and be wrong!" Kind of like if you ask, "Do these jeans make my butt look big?"

Old 13-02-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today