Paulina vs. Joie de Vivre

greatdane

I have been reading reviews about both. Seems basically the Joie de Vivre is the brighter colored, less detailed sister of the Paulina.

From what I have read, it seems more prefer the Paulina.

I think both are lovely, but would like to hear from people who have both and any who actually prefer the Joie de Vivre, so I have more to go on for that deck as well.

ATers? Fans of both or is it definitely the Paulina over the Joie de Vivre? And why? Just the detailing?

Dusk Till Dawn

I prefer the Joie, Love the Figures in it, and less cluttered in my opinion

Tibor

Paulina hands on. No questions asked. So much more grown-up and serious and deep and less childish and I could go on.... I do have the Joie de Vivre as well but I actually regret buying it.

Glitterbird

I have both, I love both, I'm using the Joie de Vivre right now. Yes the Joie is less cluttered the art work is bigger to see... But I simply adore the Paulina, if I could only have one, she would be the keeper. Maybe cause I had it first, But really either one is great....wow I'm no help at all... :D

DaisyDragonfly

Had both, adored the artwork on both.

Couldn't read a thing with the Paulina, despite my appreciation of its artwork. I'd loon at it, it'd look at me...nothing. Not a thing. Tumbleweeds. Too bad, cos I liked it, but I ended up trading it.

On the other hand, I find the Joie De Vivre to be a dream to read with. I love its brighter colours and merry perspective. It looks like it's going to be whimsical - the names in the LWB are awesome! - but it gives clear (and clear-eyed) readings. It's a cracking deck :D

TarotAndTats

I have both. The Paulina is the more mature older sister and the Joe de Vivre the wild little sister. I use the Paulina when reading professionally and the later for lighter hearted readings for family and friends. hth

Le Fanu

There's another thread on just this subject...

What I posted there still stands true for me;
I knew a thread like this was bound to come along. Little did I know that it actually came about before the deck was actually released (how did I miss this?)

I haven't actually read with both and compared both from a strictly reading standpoint but I love them both and have compared them for - let's say - a more general standpoint.

Ask yourself; do you prefer to interpret atmospheres or faces?

If you prefer atmospheres, go for the Paulina.

If you prefer faces and expressions, go for the Joie de Vivre.

I swear that's the crux of the issue....
Months have passed and the dust has settled. The Joie de Vivre feels insubstantial to me now. I have gone back to the dense undergrowth of the Paulina...It still feels the more cohesive of the two.

newlillith

I got the Paulina about three months ago and have been reading almost exclusively with it. I like the look of the Joie de Vivre and will probably order it next, but I have to say, the Paulina is just fantastic. It has stimulated my intuition in ways I never imagined. It has so much detail that goes unnoticed at first, but comes to the forefront when asking a question connected to it. I always think cards work for those who are able to connect with them on some level. I saw the Paulina tarot and was immediately drawn to it in a way no other deck has drawn me. Others use the Golden tarot or the Thoth tarot with great success. It just always depends on what works for you. Luckily, Paulina Cassidy provides a lot of info about her cards on her site, so I would check that out as well before making your decision

Bhavana

I want them both!!