Reading with Ludy Lescot

Hemera

My reading on the 4th of March /Ludy Lescot.
(I´m posting this reading for our Ludy Lescot Study Group where we have a thread to study this deck in readings...)

This is an amazing deck and so far all the readings I´ve done with it seem to be more or less spot on. The more I am using this deck the less I seem to need any of the others. A few cards in this reading took me by surprise as they were –once again- spot on. But there were a few cards I have been more uncertain about. So any help is appreciated.
I didn´t use any particular spread, just asked the questions and pulled out cards as answers to those questions. The focus was general and about me and my life at this moment.

1) I shuffled carefully and first pulled a Significator card which represents me at this moment: The Sun. Well, this is one of the cards in this deck that I would *choose* to represent “me” so the fact that it came after careful shuffling at once alerted me to pay attention to this spread. My name Hemera means Goddess of Day or Sun. Also, for me and in my Northern culture the Sun is always female and the Moon is often male. The Sun is an active life- giver that makes things grow and I always see it as a mother of all. I rarely use decks that have a very masculine sun card, in fact.

This Sun girl is rather content with her life. She is resting and watching the stumbling man in the background. Well, I just recently had a minor disagreement with my husband. He was out with “the boys” and got too drunk the evening before this reading. I was rather annoyed about it. He sure did stumble. (Didn´t break any glass though }) ) The Sun lady looks like she is thinking “Oh no, not again!” But she is touching the fang marks on her neck and maybe remembering the nice moments they have shared before:p

2) Avoid this, don´t go here: The Tower. I gasped when I looked at this card about a “falling out”. Is this a pun from the cards since I just had that disagreement with my hubby? The man is falling, the crown, that looks like the wedding ring, (we have discussed this in the Ludy Lescot thread earlier) is also falling. Only the woman is flying and she seems to be the stronger and independent one. Okay, so clearly I´m *not* to make a mountain out of this molehill. He was out with the boys and got too drunk and so what. This card clearly tells me not to make a too big issue out of it.

3) Do this, go here next: 2/Wands. She is resting and reading and writing. Only the stone angel above her seems to be moving and showing the way. This tells me to trust the guidance from a Higher Power and not to interfere too much with how things will go in life. Yes, makes sense. I have been worrying about a lot of things lately: finances, my mother, my lecturing..This card seems to say that everything is being taken care of (by the Angel) and all I need to do is to “ground and center” (she sits on the ground!). I need to read and write to get ready for the lectures but I need not worry the least.

4) Where things are likely to lead-short term: Knight of Pentacles. This is a bit of a mystery to me. Who is he bowing to? Or is he bowing out of something? Maybe he is welcoming the class of students to his lecture series. He is the Knight of material wealth and combined with the last card this might indicate a turn for the better in finances? I´m not quite sure about the Knights in this deck. What are they all up to, I wonder..

5) Where things are likely to lead-long term: Ace of Swords. This card represents a high level of mental energy. She is starting an intellectual journey in Science & Communication, so I take this to mean that I´m ready to start my lecture series next Monday. I have done all that is needed to prepare and I´m ready to start the journey. I have been a little nervous about it all so now I need the calm of this lady. I know my stuff and I must brush aside all hesitation and draw the sword from that rock of knowledge.

6) A meaningful detail that I should not overlook: SBC: The Stabbed baby Card, 3/Swords. I´m a bit lost with this one.. The details I found myself looking at were the jar and coins on the foreground. A hidden treasure finally revealed and coming up from the earth? So maybe this indicates a turn for the better in finances? But that doesn´t feel quite right..Hmm. I also noticed the cross in that woman´s hand and the white thing far right that looks like a bench or a table. I´m not sure about this, though. Maybe the whole question was somehow "wrong" here?

Attachments

• Tower.jpg
    Tower.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Ludy Lescot Knights.jpg
    Ludy Lescot Knights.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Sun.jpg
    Sun.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 64

MaineGirl117

My reading on the 4th of March /Ludy Lescot.

2) Avoid this, don´t go here: The Tower. I gasped when I looked at this card about a “falling out”. Is this a pun from the cards since I just had that disagreement with my hubby? The man is falling, the crown, that looks like the wedding ring, (we have discussed this in the Ludy Lescot thread earlier) is also falling. Only the woman is flying and she seems to be the stronger and independent one. Okay, so clearly I´m *not* to make a mountain out of this molehill. He was out with the boys and got too drunk and so what. This card clearly tells me not to make a too big issue out of it.

Hi Hemera! Lovely draw here :) I had a few thoughts about your cards that I thought I'd share. I noticed your summary card was the Hierophant, so in some ways I think all these cards are relating to your lecture series beginning soon.

With the Tower here (I do love the card for some reason) I think it's cautioning you to maybe not 'dive right in' on day one? I mean more with the course material. A little get to know you and maybe seeing where the class stands with their knowledge already.

4) Where things are likely to lead-short term: Knight of Pentacles. This is a bit of a mystery to me. Who is he bowing to? Or is he bowing out of something? Maybe he is welcoming the class of students to his lecture series. He is the Knight of material wealth and combined with the last card this might indicate a turn for the better in finances? I´m not quite sure about the Knights in this deck. What are they all up to, I wonder..

I see this as more you welcoming your students :) And he is a Messanger and connected to the suit of Nature. A little how do you do and getting to know you coming up, which is usual with the beginning of the lecture series.

This might also be a bashful apology from your hubby - something nice he does for you ;)

6) A meaningful detail that I should not overlook: SBC: The Stabbed baby Card, 3/Swords. I´m a bit lost with this one.. The details I found myself looking at were the jar and coins on the foreground. A hidden treasure finally revealed and coming up from the earth? So maybe this indicates a turn for the better in finances? But that doesn´t feel quite right..Hmm. I also noticed the cross in that woman´s hand and the white thing far right that looks like a bench or a table. I´m not sure about this, though. Maybe the whole question was somehow "wrong" here?

This card seems to be making an appearance a lot lately (in my case too). What I immediately thought of was, before class don't forget to use the restroom! Silly I know, but look how she's standing! How embarassing would it be to be in the middle of your first lecture and have to excuse yourself - oops!

I don't get a bad vibe from this card, especially since the Sun was drawn to oversee this whole throw. A minor embarassing moment maybe tripping over your words or forgetting the syllabi for class?

Just a few thoughts, hope they help :)

Hemera

Thank you for your comments MaineGirl117!
. I noticed your summary card was the Hierophant, so in some ways I think all these cards are relating to your lecture series beginning soon.
Where did you get this? I´m sure I´ve seen it explained somewhere but I´ve completelly forgotten..

.This card seems to be making an appearance a lot lately (in my case too). What I immediately thought of was, before class don't forget to use the restroom! Silly I know, but look how she's standing! How embarassing would it be to be in the middle of your first lecture and have to excuse yourself - oops!
ROFL :D You gave me the first laugh of this day! What a really funny interpretation of this otherwise tragic card!

.I don't get a bad vibe from this card
Me neither. I always see this more like an episode from a film that Ludy is watching. This is one of the Drama Queen cards and can be almost comical -just like your interpretation shows above.

MaineGirl117

Thank you for your comments MaineGirl117! Where did you get this? I´m sure I´ve seen it explained somewhere but I´ve completelly forgotten..

Add the values of all the number cards and reduce down to 22 or less for the Major summary card.

In this case; 19+16+2+1+3=41=4+1=5 Hierophant

I would agree about the Drama Queen card. I actually pulled this card last night before work as part of my daily draw. I had this exact look on my face when I *almost* hit a possum! Something to consider - maybe it's a facial expression you'll make or see.