crystal pendulum question: how long did it take you to get good with it?

olivia1

how long did it take you all to get good at using a pendulum?

i have an amertrine one, a moonstone one, and i even went out and bought an expensive $60 carnelian one made by a woman who is a crystal healer and I was assured it was specifically made to be a pendulum used for divination.

of course, i got the carnelian one yesterday. I thought it was ugly and didnt even want to try it out but when i was finally convinced to try it, it worked the best for me out of all the pendulums there. the ones that i thought were beautiful wouldnt work for me.

i seem to be going through spells despite what pendulum i use. one moment i seem to be doing really well then 30 mins later id be awful at it. and i know i am not "reading" the answer wrong because i ask the pendulum every 4 questions which way is "yes" and which way is "no."

i havent cleansed or charged the pendulums. do you think that would help?

my friend who went pendulum shopping with me is a natural at it. she could pick up any pendulum and get accurate answers. I know because the shop owner and I asked her questions and she got every one correct. she seems to be a natural because she claims she has never even worked with a pendulum before..she didnt even know what one was until i took her to the shop with me. I on the other hand am not as lucky.

i remember before i was able to read tarot, i owned an amethyst pendulum. it was like $11 off ebay and i was consistently pretty decent with it. i lost it long ago, though. i dont know if it has anything to do with me being better with an amethyst pendulum than any other stone because i tried amethyst, hematite, rose quartz, and clear quartz while in the store and i was equally pretty bad with all of them.

i have read different articles on how to work a pendulum and none the tips seem to work for me.

N1ghts0ng

i'd like to chime in, if i may...

i think pendulum use, and how long it takes to get "good" with it depends on the person, the pendulum, and the question. I have one flourite pendy that i wire-wrapped and attached to a chain that is my standard "go to" pendulum, but i noticed that there are times that i ask a question and it tells me it's not the right one to answer. Either, i'll get a "disconnected" feeling, it'll just give me a constant "no" or it just wont move. In those cases i'll work with a different one. What i do on occasion is state the question i want to ask to all of my pendulums, and then see which one vibrates with a response. I suppose this is the same way people choose different tarot decks to use for readings.

also, if you haven't cleansed your pendulums, my personal feeling is that you should. (others may or may not agree with me) to me, i don't know who handled pendulums before me and what kind of energetic vibrations they had. to get a good connection, i think it is important to cleanse out whatever came before you and start fresh.

I hope this helps... :)

olivia1

pendulum weight

i'd like to chime in, if i may...

i think pendulum use, and how long it takes to get "good" with it depends on the person, the pendulum, and the question. I have one flourite pendy that i wire-wrapped and attached to a chain that is my standard "go to" pendulum, but i noticed that there are times that i ask a question and it tells me it's not the right one to answer. Either, i'll get a "disconnected" feeling, it'll just give me a constant "no" or it just wont move. In those cases i'll work with a different one. What i do on occasion is state the question i want to ask to all of my pendulums, and then see which one vibrates with a response. I suppose this is the same way people choose different tarot decks to use for readings.

also, if you haven't cleansed your pendulums, my personal feeling is that you should. (others may or may not agree with me) to me, i don't know who handled pendulums before me and what kind of energetic vibrations they had. to get a good connection, i think it is important to cleanse out whatever came before you and start fresh.

I hope this helps... :)

:) sorry just saw your response now...and thank you so much for the good information.

i think you are right because i thought i would be a hopeless case but even I ended up getting enough accurate answers to a question that I now feel confident in trusting my carnelian pendulum. so your advice in the other thread (about not being nervous and believing in yourself) really worked. im sure the information you gave me above will also do good things for me :)

i have 2 pendulums: a carnelian one and a ametrine one. my ametrine is gorgeous but i'm not sure about the answers I get with that one yet. my ametrine pendulum is also significantly heavier than my carnelian one. do you think weight makes a big difference in accuracy?

N1ghts0ng

:) sorry just saw your response now...and thank you so much for the good information.
no worries...sometimes i've posted something and then completely forget to check it...hehe

i think you are right because i thought i would be a hopeless case but even I ended up getting enough accurate answers to a question that I now feel confident in trusting my carnelian pendulum. so your advice in the other thread (about not being nervous and believing in yourself) really worked. im sure the information you gave me above will also do good things for me :)

i have 2 pendulums: a carnelian one and a ametrine one. my ametrine is gorgeous but i'm not sure about the answers I get with that one yet. my ametrine pendulum is also significantly heavier than my carnelian one. do you think weight makes a big difference in accuracy?
i don't think weight is too important as far as accuracy goes. I know some people have used just a thread and a paperclip, or a small pendant and necklace, and had that work just as well as using a "real" pendulum. It's just getting used to, and trusting, your ability to work with a pendulum. :D

olivia1

no worries...sometimes i've posted something and then completely forget to check it...hehe

i don't think weight is too important as far as accuracy goes. I know some people have used just a thread and a paperclip, or a small pendant and necklace, and had that work just as well as using a "real" pendulum. It's just getting used to, and trusting, your ability to work with a pendulum. :D

thanks :) that is very good to know because i was about to give up on my ametrine. I worried that maybe the reason i kept getting mixed results was because of its weight.