Physical Death - The cards really do know 8-0

Scibility

I just thought I would share this experience. I've had two occasions recently where physical death was clearly evident to me in the cards, and I documented them hesitantly... Unfortunately they were both confirmed in short periods of time.

In one situation the 6 of swords showed up to a question I was asking on behalf of someone else about a person I didn't know. There was great concern about wether they were going to recover from a serious accident. Within two hours of pulling the card, I found out the person passed away... When I pulled the card and saw the woman in the boat I just knew... Every hair on my neck stood up, and I had chills and goosebumps all over my upper body. It was a very chilling experience (no pun intended). I now know without question that this is called the widow card for a reason.

In the second scenario, I was asking personal questions, about something creative I was working on. In total over the course of the afternoon I asked about 4 questions, and I pulled all the 5's except the 5 of wands separately.

It didn't make any sense to me, and I was trying to figure out why? So I pulled cards a fourth time. To make matters worse, I drew the Knight of Wands, and the tower together.... This made me halt, and I wrote in my notes that I felt all the 5's combined with these two cards may be representing a physical death. It was just persistent. No matter what question I asked, I drew a 5... and it had an unsettling feeling about it.

The next day, I was asking similar questions, and I drew the Death card FOUR times in a 12 hour period... I knew for sure then. I just didn't know who. When I woke up the following day I received a phone call telling me the parent of a friend passed away.

Lesson learned TWICE in one month. I knew the cards could foretell physical death, but I never do health readings or use them in this way, so I always interpreted various combinations to mean transformation. In the second case, it didn't matter what I wanted to ask or not, there was a message to be delivered, and I got it loud and clear without asking or wanting to know.

SO for anyone else out there who isn't a professional, and just uses the cards for personal use, just know that it really is true... the death card can mean Physical Death; and various combinations or repetition of cards can also be a warning about Death.

A mind -opening experience for sure...

kglyphics

I also drew the Death card to mean physical death.

I didn't write down the spread, but over christmas break I had a vision/clairvoyant session in which led me to do a reading about a co-work/professor of mine... something told me that I needed to do a reading about her, just to check up on her. She's been through a lot this year as well and I just had a haunch.

Just before I came back to school from christmas break I did a few readings about her and got Death smack dab in the middle of the readings! I kept wondering why is she going through a transformation, why is there going to be change in her life... etc and couldn't figure out why! A week after I came back my department and I learned that her fiance died in a motorcycle accident. I used the medieval scapini deck and a skeleton is riding something (!!!!!): http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmuinpRXCd1qhgl0po1_400.jpg

Padma

I just thought I would share this experience. I've had two occasions recently where physical death was clearly evident to me in the cards, and I documented them hesitantly... Unfortunately they were both confirmed in short periods of time.

In one situation the 6 of swords showed up to a question I was asking on behalf of someone else about a person I didn't know. There was great concern about wether they were going to recover from a serious accident. Within two hours of pulling the card, I found out the person passed away... When I pulled the card and saw the woman in the boat I just knew... Every hair on my neck stood up, and I had chills and goosebumps all over my upper body. It was a very chilling experience (no pun intended). I now know without question that this is called the widow card for a reason.

In the second scenario, I was asking personal questions, about something creative I was working on. In total over the course of the afternoon I asked about 4 questions, and I pulled all the 5's except the 5 of wands separately.

It didn't make any sense to me, and I was trying to figure out why? So I pulled cards a fourth time. To make matters worse, I drew the Knight of Wands, and the tower together.... This made me halt, and I wrote in my notes that I felt all the 5's combined with these two cards may be representing a physical death. It was just persistent. No matter what question I asked, I drew a 5... and it had an unsettling feeling about it.

The next day, I was asking similar questions, and I drew the Death card FOUR times in a 12 hour period... I knew for sure then. I just didn't know who. When I woke up the following day I received a phone call telling me the parent of a friend passed away.

Lesson learned TWICE in one month. I knew the cards could foretell physical death, but I never do health readings or use them in this way, so I always interpreted various combinations to mean transformation. In the second case, it didn't matter what I wanted to ask or not, there was a message to be delivered, and I got it loud and clear without asking or wanting to know.

SO for anyone else out there who isn't a professional, and just uses the cards for personal use, just know that it really is true... the death card can mean Physical Death; and various combinations or repetition of cards can also be a warning about Death.

A mind -opening experience for sure...

My experience has been: 9 Swords + Death + Tower + 3 Swords = physical death. It has never shown up in my cards any other way than this. I was intrigued by your 5's and the 6 Swords interpretation - and condolences on your losses...and that of your friend's....

Alta

I was 'talking tarot' with someone recently and they mentioned a time when they had drawn The Fool on three successive days and had known it meant death, as was confirmed soon after. I was a little hesitant and asked why they had thought this. They said that the Fool is not just the beginning but the completion of 'all'. The Fool is not just walking into life but can be walking into the next cycle.

Scibility

I also drew the Death card to mean physical death.

I used the medieval scapini deck and a skeleton is riding something (!!!!!): http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmuinpRXCd1qhgl0po1_400.jpg

WOW kglyphics, talk about symbolism... That couldn't be a clearer image could it 8-0

My experience has been: Death + Tower + 9 Swords = physical death. It has never shown up in my cards any other way than this. I was intrigued by your 5's and the 6 Swords interpretation - and condolences on your losses...and that of your friend's....

Thanks Lotus Padma. I didn't personally know the first person, but the second person I did know, and my friend is very much a knight of wands in every sense of the word. In hindsight I can totally understand what each 5 meant to the situation. It was quite unsettling after I received the phonecall... I've drawn 5's countless times before, and i've drawn multiples of other numbers as well. What was different about this experience was there was a very distinct feeling of something not being right.... an uneasy feeling about it that wouldn't go away; and the cards didn't seem to correlate to the questions being asked.

I was 'talking tarot' with someone recently and they mentioned a time when they had drawn The Fool on three successive days and had known it meant death, as was confirmed soon after. I was a little hesitant and asked why they had thought this. They said that the Fool is not just the beginning but the completion of 'all'. The Fool is not just walking into life but can be walking into the next cycle.

How interesting! The fool too... oh boy. If i've taken away anything from all of this it's two things: 1) if I was ever inclined to think that energetically I had control over the cards being pulled , or that they were just a game, or just paper, I absolutely no longer belong to that camp... The mind-boggling thing is I wasn't even asking health related questions, or anything to do with other people. 2) if the same card keeps coming up for everything several days in a row, it may not have anything to do with what i'm thinking/asking about, and I should pay close attention to the theme of the cards that keep recurring.

I really appreciate everyone sharing their experiences with the cards on this topic. I was very very hesitant to even post it because I know this is a public access forum, and as it is, people unfamiliar with tarot already have a misguided view of all that the Death card represents. I really didn't want to add anything to that, because I know I had drawn this card countless times, and all it ever meant was something akin to transformation or change.

At the same time, having it happen twice in such a short time really made me pause... I wondered if it wasn't spoken about much because people are fortunate enough to not have those experiences, or maybe because when it does happen, it would be in violation of a client's privacy to discuss it. I figured I would at least share it because I suspected there had to be others out there like myself who don't read professionally, and might have an unsuspecting experience like I did.

In any case, I really appreciate the feedback everyone, and i'm so intrigued by other people's experiences. I hope they are all helpful to someone. Thanks for sharing.

Girl Archer

Wow, this thread really made the hairs on my nape stand. Sorry about all your losses, but has anyone experienced a physical death with the queen of swords? Hasn't she been called the Widow Card too?

I have an instance to share with everyone here. Though it did not mean actual death... Four of Swords has often shown people on death-beds, the three of swords in another case where the heart looked to be split open a bit and three weeks later (corresponding with the timing even), that person underwent an open heart surgery. Weird or what? I have so far had no confirmations of any death that might have taken place. Although, I do have to say the Nine of Swords comes up a lot in my readings for my suicidal friend, and people here told me "It is all in the head and it will get better" is what the card was saying but to me? Not so much. It really showed, I felt... just how much it is deeply weighing on her mind, making her feel completely desolate and suicidal.

I am rather scared to interpret when the Death card comes up as outcome in health readings. The seeker is also left wide eyed and scared, and I mumble something about breaking old patterns, ending cycles, transformation etc... but in my heart, I fear the worst and pray for the best :) Which is why I don't do health readings anymore.

kglyphics

Wow, this thread really made the hairs on my nape stand. Sorry about all your losses, but has anyone experienced a physical death with the queen of swords? Hasn't she been called the Widow Card too?

I have an instance to share with everyone here. Though it did not mean actual death... Four of Swords has often shown people on death-beds, the three of swords in another case where the heart looked to be split open a bit and three weeks later (corresponding with the timing even), that person underwent an open heart surgery. Weird or what? I have so far had no confirmations of any death that might have taken place. Although, I do have to say the Nine of Swords comes up a lot in my readings for my suicidal friend, and people here told me "It is all in the head and it will get better" is what the card was saying but to me? Not so much. It really showed, I felt... just how much it is deeply weighing on her mind, making her feel completely desolate and suicidal.

I am rather scared to interpret when the Death card comes up as outcome in health readings. The seeker is also left wide eyed and scared, and I mumble something about breaking old patterns, ending cycles, transformation etc... but in my heart, I fear the worst and pray for the best :) Which is why I don't do health readings anymore.

I know right!! When it came up for me, I didn't understand why I was seeing it because the thought of any kind of death relating to anyone I knew seemed almost impossible at the time. But after it kept appearing my spreads about her I began to question...

I suppose when it comes up once, I'll be wary of interpreting it as death but if it comes up multiple times, I'd start considering it.

poivre

I had the Moon + Empress for two weeks before my mother passed. After my sister
who never has readings, wanted a reading :confused: first cards over were the
Moon + Empress. After that day, never had those cards together since.

One time when I had went to a reader, she told me the Moon could mean,
people on the other side... which when you think about it...could work.
We are here on earth and the other side of the moon or our subconscious etc.......?

Luminosa

Besides the Moon, Justice, the Star and the Sun should be added to the list.

Wandlimb

I once read the cards about my grandad, who was slowly deteriorating (he'd been ill for many years). I got the Knight of Swords, which on my deck has his sword raised like he is going to cut something (a bit like a golf club pose). I just knew that meant his time was up, even though normally I wouldn't associate this card with death, and whenever I have drawn it since it hasn't looked like that to me. He died 6 weeks later, which I also knew was going to happen - it just popped into my head that he would die then.