Tarot of the Silicon Dawn - The Empress

Elendil

Just putting the card 'out there' for discussion...

Do we need to discuss The Empress and The Emperor together as a pair/a diptych? There is a definite symmetry about them.

How does the private face of The Empress differ from the public mask, I wonder? What holds the mask in place? Why does she wear gloves? How comfortable does she sit in this elevated throne? How practical is that ridiculously long dress? Does her elevated position put her out of reach and out of touch...aloof and impersonal?

I will be back with more.

:)

Eyebright

Some initial thoughts is all I can manage this evening as I'm shattered!

What I find interesting is that this Empress is shown in a cityscape, the Empress' traditional domain is normally more organic and natural, green grass, nature etc...but then I guess this is a more realistic depiction of the land these days, concreted over!

There's definitely interplay between this card and the Emporor..is she looking at him or away from him?

She kind of reminds me of a garden statue people plonk in their gardens to be admired. She is up high on her throne, so that all around can worship her magnificence, but behind the mask she looks tired of it all. Ceremony and rituals are the domain of the Emporor, this ain't her bag.

Their colours seem to be the opposite way round to each other, her dress is yellow and sky is purple and in his card, the sky is yellow and his dress is purple...they are opposites which complement each other. Two halves of one whole, for there to be balance you need them both.

I'll be back with more when my brain is functioning better!