Favole cards.

clairebear24

Hi!

I'm actually new to tarot reading and on the advice of a tarot reading colleague of my hubby's, I went and bought a pack that I felt drawn to and just generally liked the look of. So I did and it was not something I rushed in to. I did see "the pack" a couple of weeks ago and actually went back and bought them yesterday.

I was actually really really happy with them until I went through and found the pip cards didn't have the tradional symbols. So I did a bit of research and found that most don't recommend these cards for newbies...Favole/Victoria Frances. Doh! *smacks head*

I really really like the art work on the cards and I want to use them so I'm trying to find out what people think minor cards should be. I've got butterflies, roses, crosses and masks. I'm feeling that butterflies relate to air and therefore swords?? Some websites seem to feel the masks are wands...

gregory

If YOU were happy with them - that's what counts. What others recommend for newbies is less important than what deck that newbie finds works for them.

I make it:

Butterflies (swords), masks (pentacles), crosses (wands) and flowers (cups.)

clairebear24

WOW! I had no idea that these cards have caused so much controversy in the past LOL! What is interesting though is predominantely people feel butterflies should be swords and flowers are cups...hmm this is interesting stuff

cardlady22

How "new" to tarot are you? The associations come from the 4 elements and which ones people feel go with a given suit.

Usually, they assign

wands - fire
cups - water
swords - air
coins/pents - earth

clairebear24

I've done a lot of reading up before I bought my set but only just bought my first this weekend...unless you count the ones I bought when I was about 13 from a cheap book shop and lost most of them because I didn't understand LOL.

I had a reading done aout 4/6 years ago and the lady was amazingly accurate. She and 3 others have all said that I do have abilities...just not tuned in:)

I'm just intrigued to see what others thought of the cards as (after reading a bit more) there are loads of non-traditional ones like the rude/offensive ones so was wondering how you apply the elements to subjects like that. I'm amazed on just how much debate there was over these cards :D