Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996


    · Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Decks Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

  Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Divination

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
ghost271 
Citizen
 
ghost271's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 Oct 2003
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 342
Owls Flying in Front of Me


As the title says, about three times a week Im getting a single owl flying in front of my car or bus. It used to happen rarely, but now its happening all the time.
Any ideas ?
ghost271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #1
Lotus Padma 
Are you *sure*...?
 
Lotus Padma's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,554

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost271 View Post
As the title says, about three times a week Im getting a single owl flying in front of my car or bus. It used to happen rarely, but now its happening all the time.
Any ideas ?
Owls are the birds associated with the Otherworld and with wisdom. Owls steer you clear of deception (because they have night vision!) and bring you to the truth. If you are blessed with owls as a totem, you are lucky indeed! That is strong protection, IMO. It may also mean you are about to meet a mentor who can teach you many spiritual truths. Sounds to me, if they are flying in front of your vehicle, that they are ensuring your safe travel and keeping you alert to any dangers...and enhancing your intuition.

I found this link, it is very thorough in the interpretation of owls...

http://mediamender.com/blogs/entry/A...Totems-The-Owl



__________________
Let there be love.

L' éssentiel est invisible pour les yeux. - Antoine de St-Exupéry, Le Petit Prince.

"You are terrifying and strange and beautiful. Something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire
Lotus Padma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #2
ghost271 
Citizen
 
ghost271's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 Oct 2003
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 342

Thank you very much !!!!
Im right on the cusp of delving into my witchcraft spirituallity much deeper and focusing more on improving my clair senses and divination methods. And by the sounds of it the Owl is the totem associated with it. Funny thing is the Owl would be the farthest from my mind as i love wolves and ferrets ! I do love all animals though and will take Spirits guidance in whatever form it decides to show me.
ghost271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #3
frac_ture 
Citizen
 
frac_ture's Avatar
 
Join Date: 13 Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
Posts: 941

Lotus Padma beat me to the punch here, and said some of what I would have posted had I been quicker on the draw...great link, too!

I'd ask you if you already feel you have a personal animal totem, or where you stand on the subject? It could be that the owl *is* your totem...or it could be that it's not, but it has a specific message to convey to you or something to impart to you or give you at this time in your life. Either way, I'd be inclined to take this phenomenon as a very exciting occurrence!

I'd suggest reading a bit on the owl-as-totem concept and see if it resonates with you. You might also try a meditation in which you get into deep relaxation, and then invite the owl to converse with you, or see if it even appears of its own accord. Alternatively, when you get ready to go to sleep, you could try asking the owl to come to you in your dreams and speak freely with you in that state...?

I also agree that it's very interesting that the owl keeps appearing when you're driving. This seems to say that it's focused on trying to help you and accompany you in your travels...both literal travels, and figurative ones...

Just a few ideas, although I admit I'm just studying up on animal totems myself -- some of the people on this board are very informed on the subject, though, and can hopefully weigh in.
frac_ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #4
celticnoodle 
Citizen
 
celticnoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 17 Aug 2006
Location: across from spook hill
Posts: 21,286

I have to agree with both Lotus Padma and Frac_ture in their posts. I would also encourage you to read up on the owl as both also noted. If the owl is not a totem, it definitely is a message for you--one that was again answered brilliantly by both Lotus Padma and Frac_ture. Birds are all messengers, so if not a totem, definitely a message it is trying hard to prepare you for.
celticnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #5
Lotus Padma 
Are you *sure*...?
 
Lotus Padma's Avatar
 
Join Date: 23 Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,554

Quote:
Originally Posted by frac_ture View Post
Lotus Padma beat me to the punch here, and said some of what I would have posted had I been quicker on the draw...great link, too!

I'd ask you if you already feel you have a personal animal totem, or where you stand on the subject? It could be that the owl *is* your totem...or it could be that it's not, but it has a specific message to convey to you or something to impart to you or give you at this time in your life. Either way, I'd be inclined to take this phenomenon as a very exciting occurrence!

I'd suggest reading a bit on the owl-as-totem concept and see if it resonates with you. You might also try a meditation in which you get into deep relaxation, and then invite the owl to converse with you, or see if it even appears of its own accord. Alternatively, when you get ready to go to sleep, you could try asking the owl to come to you in your dreams and speak freely with you in that state...?

I also agree that it's very interesting that the owl keeps appearing when you're driving. This seems to say that it's focused on trying to help you and accompany you in your travels...both literal travels, and figurative ones...

Just a few ideas, although I admit I'm just studying up on animal totems myself -- some of the people on this board are very informed on the subject, though, and can hopefully weigh in.
Hahaha! Fracture, you beat *me* to the punch I was also going to ETA about the whole animal totem thing. great minds think alike! lol

Here's the thing, Ghost, normally we have a few animal totems that follow us around and try to protect us...occasionally, they trade shifts. For example, my animal was the rabbit for many years, but now that has shifted from Rabbit to Fox, Crow and Wolf. The reason, it would seem, is after you have learned the lessons that animal had to give you - if you faced it successfully - then you move on to another so it may be that you connected to ferret etc. but that you have learned and overcome their lesson, and are moving into new areas in your life - and new challenges - so a new totem comes in to guide you Myadvice is to honour your older totems always, but allow the new ones in, because they have important messages and lessons to teach you. I think it is *awesome* that you have owl! Lucky you!

Here is an additional link so you can see the explanation of what I was saying - this person reads totems for a living, so go down after reading his/her very insightful bit about the 9 totems, and you can check the meanings for other totems. I don't know lin but (he/she) gave a very good short description about 9 totems and how they can affect you. I would say good luck, Ghost, but you already have it, it seems! lol!

http://www.linsdomain.com/totems.htm

ETA ALso I would take note of CelticNoodle's and farc_ture's messages - be careful when you are driving...Like, take very close care and be attentive. No cellphones while driving etc. if Owl is flying with you, you need to be *very* alert! Owl may be trying to prevent you from having an accident...not trying to frighten you, just to tell you to pay special attention



__________________
Let there be love.

L' éssentiel est invisible pour les yeux. - Antoine de St-Exupéry, Le Petit Prince.

"You are terrifying and strange and beautiful. Something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Last edited by Lotus Padma; 01-04-2012 at 13:20.
Lotus Padma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #6
Bhavana 
Citizen
 
Bhavana's Avatar
 
Join Date: 20 Feb 2007
Location: northeastern USA
Posts: 3,290

It's springtime, or at least getting there. This is the time of year for mating, nesting, feeding babies. It's thankless, never ending work - and I believe at this time of year you are more likely to see nocturnal animals and birds during the day, as they forage for the extra calories breeding and feeding babies requires. Owls start earlier than other birds in my area, and there are more around than you would think - but now is the time that you will encounter them. I saw a raccoon in broad daylight yesterday, for the same reason - they need to eat more at this time of year, so they are out and about in the daylight hours at times. One also sees a lot more animals hit by cars at this time of year, they are distracted by their tasks and not paying attention to where they are going. I have also been seeing a lot of hawks around my property...nothing symbolic, just busy mama's working to get their babies fed.
Bhavana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #7
peaceful 
Resident
 
peaceful's Avatar
 
Join Date: 30 Nov 2010
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 50

Owls are definitely friends in spirit, powerful ones to support you and can educationally give you a boost.

I'd just about have a heart attack were they flying so close to a moving car that I'd be driving, lol, but that's one *heck* of a way to wake you up and get your attention. That can't help but leave an impression on you Three is also a significant number. Essentially it's what's brought into being by the combination of two already present forces of Nature. A genesis.
peaceful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #8
ghost271 
Citizen
 
ghost271's Avatar
 
Join Date: 18 Oct 2003
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 342

Thanks for all the replies everyone. The last owl flew so close i had to slow the bus down to avoid hitting him. We have hawks and eagles out here in abundance and see them all the time. I think there is an owl connection here though. A few years back when riding home after work on my bike (3am), i had an owl fly over and land on a sign across the road and watch me ride by. And it wasnt like he had been sittin there and i just happened to notice it. I would actually watch it fly parallel to me, pass me, and then land on the sign up ahead and watch me. It did this a handful of times over the course of a couple weeks. Then nothing again until recently. Its comforting to know that they are watching over us and how they get our attention.

Last edited by ghost271; 04-04-2012 at 20:52.
ghost271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #9
celticnoodle 
Citizen
 
celticnoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 17 Aug 2006
Location: across from spook hill
Posts: 21,286

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost271 View Post
Thanks for all the replies everyone. The last owl flew so close i had to slow the bus down to avoid hitting him. We have hawks and eagles out here in abundance and see them all the time. I think there is an owl connection here though. A few years back when riding home after work on my bike (3am), i had an owl fly over and land on a sign across the road and watch me ride by. And it wasnt like he had been sittin there and i just happened to notice it. I would actually watch it fly parallel to me, pass me, and then land on the sign up ahead and watch me. It did this a handful of times over the course of a couple weeks. Then nothing again until recently. Its comforting to know that they are watching over us and how they get our attention.
WOW! What a cool thing to experience, ghost!

I am sure you have searched for information on owls and their significance in spirituality, but here are a few good sites to see just what the owl COULD mean for you, with seeing it so much- these are good sites to read about different animals and their symbolism if nothing else.

http://morningstar.netfirms.com/owltotem.html

http://www.linsdomain.com/totems/pages/owl.htm

the first one is more detailed of course, but I like the second site too.
celticnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #10
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On



All times are GMT +10. The time now is 09:58.

 


Tarot Forum Categories
· Tarot Decks
· Using Tarot Cards
· Tarot Trading
· Talking Tarot
· Reading Exchange
· Your Readings
· Tarot Games & Fun
· Tarot Deck Creation
· Marseilles
· Rider-Waite-Smith
· Thoth Tarot
· Tarot Study Groups
· Lenormand
· Oracles
· Divination
· Spirituality
· Chat
· New Members
· Advertisements
· Forum Help


Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Steampunk Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Angel Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Dragon Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Fantasy Decks
· Tarot Books
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Upcoming Decks
· Solandia's Top Ten
· Top Ten Decks
· List All Decks

Who is behind the Aeclectic Tarot Forum?

My name is Kate Hill (also known as Solandia) and I'm a Tarot reader, deck collector, and lifelong student of the beauty and diversity of Tarot cards.

I created Aeclectic in 1996 to share my passion for Tarot with the world, and started the forum in 2000 so others could share theirs too. Contact me via email or here at the forum.

  Contribute to Aeclectic

· Add your deck
· Write a review
· Join the community

Get new deck updates via email
  Aeclectic Tarot Resources

Copyright © Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved.