Silent Tarot

silentcitadel

Hi all- I've been up until now posting over in the tarot deck creation thread... but the deck is, and has been complete for a couple weeks now, so I guess I should probably move my toosh over here now.

I've only got 20 decks of the first run left at the moment, and I'm still not sure if I'll be getting any more printed or not.

It's taken over a year of labor to individually hand collage multimedia all together to finish every one of the 78 cards, but after dilligently taking it one card at a time, I've finally completed the project.

I've had them professionally printed, and am painstakingly corner punching every card. They each come with a beautiful hadmade carrying bag and a booklet I wrote.

I will be lucky enough to have my deck checked out by Adam over at Alchemy, and I'll post an update when I have a link to that-

Thanks to everyone here at Aeclectic for your comments and helpful suggestions.

Here's the listing:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/95568906/the-silent-tarot-handmade-multimedia

For those of you who dig it but don't have that kind of $ floating around, there are a couple magnets made out of the original proofs up too!

If you'd like to see the cards, they're all available here:

http://silentcitadel.tumblr.com/

Update: The smaller version of the deck is now available for sale! It's 20 bucks less than the large one!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/esmeraldabatt

Le Fanu

It's a beautiful deck... Congratulations. Truly beautiful. I'm glad you came out of the Tarot Creation forum as I so rarely go there and wouldn't have seen it.

silentcitadel

It's a beautiful deck... Congratulations. Truly beautiful. I'm glad you came out of the Tarot Creation forum as I so rarely go there and wouldn't have seen it.

Thaaaaaank you very much! I have sent you a PM regarding this- I'm so glad I did too. I can't believe I didn't think of it until now, lol. I guess I just got all settled in there and didn't even consider that this forum is like- huge- and has much more appropriate areas to post stuff regarding this. :)

Padma

SilentC, Just wanted to let you know they didn't arrive today as expected. But I think it will be well :) I will let you know the moment they arrive. :) Hugs!

Minotauro

I want it , Im not sure if I should get it due to being poor and such , but well... regular big publishers tarot decks are about the same price aropund here it'd just be a little bit more for the shipping , it seems very nice at first glance :)

silentcitadel

I want it , Im not sure if I should get it due to being poor and such , but well... regular big publishers tarot decks are about the same price aropund here it'd just be a little bit more for the shipping , it seems very nice at first glance :)

I can totally feel you about the $ thing. I know it's a bit more than the commercial decks. They are quite a bit larger than normal cards though, and of course they're indie- which is always a positive (to me, anyway)
Anyway, I'm glad you like them! Thanks- I hope you're able to get one, but if not, no biggie :)
If there's any questions I can answer about them or anything, let me know :D I'm happy to oblige.

silentcitadel

SilentC, Just wanted to let you know they didn't arrive today as expected. But I think it will be well :) I will let you know the moment they arrive. :) Hugs!

Lotus- BUMMER! I'm sorry! I hope they come tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be fine, just usps being a bit sluggish.
Let me know though- please- I am obsessively tracking all the orders to make sure everything's hunky dorey.

Padma

Lotus- BUMMER! I'm sorry! I hope they come tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be fine, just usps being a bit sluggish.
Let me know though- please- I am obsessively tracking all the orders to make sure everything's hunky dorey.

I have every faith in you :) I am not at all worried, and I love that you track everything. Which just tells me my instincts were right, and all will be well! :D and besides - cutoms and borders are always tricky things ;p low and pedantic (must be a Knight of Swords issue! lol ) :)

ETA: I meant, "slow and pedantic" and Knight of Pentacles! lol....dunno where my head was the day I posted the above! ;p

Minotauro

I can totally feel you about the $ thing. I know it's a bit more than the commercial decks. They are quite a bit larger than normal cards though, and of course they're indie- which is always a positive (to me, anyway)
Anyway, I'm glad you like them! Thanks- I hope you're able to get one, but if not, no biggie :)
If there's any questions I can answer about them or anything, let me know :D I'm happy to oblige.
I'll just try to get extra money before they sold out! and yes it being oindy is a definite plus , and I dont have any collage like tarots , the backs are beautifull, as ar ethe vintage photos , and the metal emebilshments , it is not over crowded as it sometimes happens. it very well put together .

:)

silentcitadel

I'll just try to get extra money before they sold out! and yes it being oindy is a definite plus , and I dont have any collage like tarots , the backs are beautifull, as ar ethe vintage photos , and the metal emebilshments , it is not over crowded as it sometimes happens. it very well put together .

:)

Thank you very much! They were a labor of love on my part. I've done a lot of multimedia work before- altered books, encaustic collage, stuff like that- but never a deck of tarot cards. I'm ecstatic abut the response they've gooten, which has been overwhelmingly positive. The tarot community here has been so supportive and helpful with suggestions and whatnot. Anyway- I hope you're able to snag one, but if not, and they do sell out- I may do a second edition printing of them. :)