Royo Dark Tarot - The Magician I

DeliberateDelirium

In this card, we see a young man sitting by a tree, holding a book and a mask. It looks as if he is seeking solace from the outside world, to become reacquainted with his inner power. I feel that the mask is representative of his persona to the outside world, which he is now removing in solitude. I would guess that the book is a book of magic. His expression looks intense, like he has been through a lot but is now aware of his inner power and determined to apply and manifest it.

Once again, this interpretation seems to be about remembering wisdom. It seems to be a reoccurring theme in this deck, which I like because it shows that power lies within even in the darkest of environments. An excerpt from the booklet says, "Everything that begins, starts with the self. The door to creativity." Thoughts?

DeliberateDelirium

It's interesting to note that that The Fool card is wearing a mask, so if we think about it as a progression it could mean a few things. This was discussed in the thread for The Fool card so I won't get into too much detail about that card here, but since she's wearing a mask and he's removing his it could show lack of awareness of potential on her part, and he is just becoming aware of his personal power and how to apply it in the material world.

Dreamhealer420

To me he looks utterly fearless. He looks laid back and nonchalant. Like he's saying "Yea I'm here, I know what I'm doing." to me the card always feels like it's saying knowledge. I never thought about the mask before though. Perhaps he's showing us a sacred part of him that he usually hides from the world.

DeliberateDelirium

To me he looks utterly fearless. He looks laid back and nonchalant. Like he's saying "Yea I'm here, I know what I'm doing." to me the card always feels like it's saying knowledge. I never thought about the mask before though. Perhaps he's showing us a sacred part of him that he usually hides from the world.

He looks fearless now, but I get the impression that he has overcome a lot to get there. He just looks like he's been through a lot, but is now realizing his inner power with renewed determination. That's basically what I thought about the mask, too. I'm glad you're participating in discussion, by the way. I was unmotivated to post any more interpretations, because no one was really adding input.

Dreamhealer420

Dont' not keep posting! I have gone through all the cards just about besides the major ones and written down what I think about each card. If you don't post anymore I can't post my responses.