Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Decks   · Readings   · Forum   · Home
Tarot Decks Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Forum Community What's New Home

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering is completely free, and allows you to post, search, watch threads and more. Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Girl Archer 
Citizen

Hierophant + Sun

What does the Hierophant + Sun combo mean? Wrt love readings and otherwise?
Both of them are "marriage cards". So, together I would think that they reinforce the idea that this couple would marry? Or if the couple were expecting a child, then it would be a boy?

Old 05-05-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #1

Ads by Google
via Google Adsense

#ADS
Thirteen 
The Thirteenth Moon

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl Archer View Post
Both of them are "marriage cards".
Um, no, the Sun isn't a marriage card (where did you read that?). The Sun is sometimes seen as a pregnancy card, or a prediction that a pregnant woman will have a boy or twins.

And I wouldn't say that this combo predicts marriage or even indicates love; it relates to elements outside of the relationship that would urge the couple to marry because it's tradition and it makes sense. Meaning that the couple is not following instincts, passion, their hearts, romance, or even a "soul-mate" connection. They're looking at the situation and saying, "We seem very well suited and happy with each other; we share the same traditions and moral values. Marriage is right."

The relationship is more of a social/moral/rational partnership.

Either that or pregnancy is making them feel they need to marry--again because the social traditions and morals they hold say as much.
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #2
nisaba 
Tarot-Tart

Quote:
Both of them are "marriage cards". So, together I would think that they reinforce the idea that this couple would marry? Or if the couple were expecting a child, then it would be a boy?
Why marriage cards? People keep saying that to me. Tarot keeps not saying that to me.

The Hierophant indicates two things for a new relationship: that one or both people need to learn from previous failed relationships in order not to repeat the failure, and that the relationship will run best if it fits in with the cultural backgrounds and accumulated traditions of both people.

The Sun tells me that there is a lot of raw energy there, which can be both good and bad (the sun burns, the sun causes cancer, the sun causes plants to wither and die in summer). Also, that any skeletons in the closet that you don't want the other to know are very likely to come out anyway (so be the one to tell them!). Direct that energy the way you want - harness the force, don't let it drag you along.

Life is a holy moment, a brief flash of sentience in the sacred abyss.

Nisaba: Beautiful, and Fabulously Twisted.
nisaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #3
JadoreHauteCouture 
Citizen

Sun is the card suggesting we learn about ourselves through relationships... There are usually 2 mirrored children playing in the picture suggesting others are mirror to ourself. I would add to replies posted about that partners have to work out what they want individually so that they know what they actually want from their partner. Then they can work as a couple. These cards are about working out a relationship on a mental level, not emotional one so i also agree, its not that much about love. If you wanna look at them as marriage cards, its more like marriage cuz of convenience (or as already said pregnancy), not love.

Old 05-05-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #4
Girl Archer 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
Um, no, the Sun isn't a marriage card (where did you read that?). The Sun is sometimes seen as a pregnancy card, or a prediction that a pregnant woman will have a boy or twins.

=> Gosh, this IS embarrassing.. But I guess it is okay to admit that I learned this marriage card stuff via some youtube videos and a few sites which I don't remember now. This was right in the beginning, about four years back and it has kind of stuck on, since then.I see that I need to re examine a lot of things now, especially regarding what I know and don't know about the cards...

And I wouldn't say that this combo predicts marriage or even indicates love; it relates to elements outside of the relationship that would urge the couple to marry because it's tradition and it makes sense. Meaning that the couple is not following instincts, passion, their hearts, romance, or even a "soul-mate" connection. They're looking at the situation and saying, "We seem very well suited and happy with each other; we share the same traditions and moral values. Marriage is right."

The relationship is more of a social/moral/rational partnership.

=> Now I get it. It is more like, Marriages of convenience?

Either that or pregnancy is making them feel they need to marry--again because the social traditions and morals they hold say as much.
Thanks for your take, Thirteen
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisaba View Post
Why marriage cards? People keep saying that to me. Tarot keeps not saying that to me.

The Hierophant indicates two things for a new relationship: that one or both people need to learn from previous failed relationships in order not to repeat the failure, and that the relationship will run best if it fits in with the cultural backgrounds and accumulated traditions of both people.

The Sun tells me that there is a lot of raw energy there, which can be both good and bad (the sun burns, the sun causes cancer, the sun causes plants to wither and die in summer). Also, that any skeletons in the closet that you don't want the other to know are very likely to come out anyway (so be the one to tell them!). Direct that energy the way you want - harness the force, don't let it drag you along.
Thanks for your insight, Nisaba. Fascinating. I will keep this in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadoreHauteCouture View Post
Sun is the card suggesting we learn about ourselves through relationships... There are usually 2 mirrored children playing in the picture suggesting others are mirror to ourself. I would add to replies posted about that partners have to work out what they want individually so that they know what they actually want from their partner. Then they can work as a couple. These cards are about working out a relationship on a mental level, not emotional one so i also agree, its not that much about love. If you wanna look at them as marriage cards, its more like marriage cuz of convenience (or as already said pregnancy), not love.
Thanks JHC. That certainly makes sense.

Old 05-05-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #5
SunChariot 
Citizen

Quote:
That is an interesting question and combination!

To me, The Hiero is about your upbringing, your moral values, your inner "programming", the values you were taught by your parents who learnt it from theirs who learnt it from their, what is expected of you, what society expects of you, peer pressure...all that kind of stuff. It can eitehr be about adhering to that or rebelling against it, ....depending.

The Sun is about all the good stuff that the real sun brings: warnth, good poitive warm feeligns, joy, optinism, healing, light, brightness...etc.

Together? Hmmm...It coiuld be about expressing warmth and positive feelings in the way you learnt to growing up kind of thing, of not expressing them in ways that are no socuallay acceptablle.

Eg someone may not believe in public shows of affection and only kiss his partner when they are alone. Os someone may have been brought up to be leive that it is only appropriate to express optimistic feelings and any hide any other feelings they haave from others and not wnat top talk about them.

The Sun has no connecttion to marraige for me. The Hierophant only menans marriage to me personallay when it is reversed. So If it did come up reversed iwth The Sun, yet that could have that meaning. It cuold be about a marriage and it wuold be a good, bright joyful , positive, feel good one.

Babs

"Love this world with the joy of a child, because anything else is only make believe"
(told to me in a meditation)
SunChariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #6
Girl Archer 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunChariot View Post
That is an interesting question and combination!

To me, The Hiero is about your upbringing, your moral values, your inner "programming", the values you were taught by your parents who learnt it from theirs who learnt it from their, what is expected of you, what society expects of you, peer pressure...all that kind of stuff. It can eitehr be about adhering to that or rebelling against it, ....depending.

The Sun is about all the good stuff that the real sun brings: warnth, good poitive warm feeligns, joy, optinism, healing, light, brightness...etc.

Together? Hmmm...It coiuld be about expressing warmth and positive feelings in the way you learnt to growing up kind of thing, of not expressing them in ways that are no socuallay acceptablle.

Eg someone may not believe in public shows of affection and only kiss his partner when they are alone. Os someone may have been brought up to be leive that it is only appropriate to express optimistic feelings and any hide any other feelings they haave from others and not wnat top talk about them.

The Sun has no connecttion to marraige for me. The Hierophant only menans marriage to me personallay when it is reversed. So If it did come up reversed iwth The Sun, yet that could have that meaning. It cuold be about a marriage and it wuold be a good, bright joyful , positive, feel good one.

Babs
Thanks, Babs. That too certainly makes sense. The person I had in mind is rather shut off in public but is a complete goofball around friends...

Old 07-05-2012 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #7