Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Magician & Knight of Pentacles 'vs' Knight of Pentacles & Magician

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards


 
DownUnderNZer's Avatar
DownUnderNZer  DownUnderNZer is offline
Time Traveller
 
Join Date: 20 May 2009
Location: In Between Dimensions
Posts: 10,772
DownUnderNZer 
Time Traveller

DownUnderNZer's Avatar
Magician & Knight of Pentacles 'vs' Knight of Pentacles & Magician


I asked the same question about 5 hours apart:

No positions/RW/ Three cards.

Who will Z likely ask to help with her work project?

The Magician and Knight of pentacles were next to each other both times only not in the same order. So: Mag & knight/knight & Mag.

Anyways, would it matter what this would be broken down to mean or is it referring to the same person type/character???

If anyone can tell me if there is a difference or not that would be great and also with the cards seeming to be MASCULINE would I be on the right track of it being a male and perhaps someone that is younger or has a younger vibe or energy.

Appreciated in advance!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
DownUnderNZer's Avatar
DownUnderNZer  DownUnderNZer is offline
Time Traveller
 
Join Date: 20 May 2009
Location: In Between Dimensions
Posts: 10,772
DownUnderNZer 
Time Traveller

DownUnderNZer's Avatar

It is this I need to know like a comparison:

XXX, Knight of Pentacles, Magician then (in another reading) Magician, Knight of Pentacles, XXX

I just want to know if the meaning would be the same regardless of positions in a no lay out spread, and if this would be a male, based on such mascualine cards.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
Pam O's Avatar
Pam O  Pam O is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Jul 2008
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 2,588
Pam O 
Citizen

Pam O's Avatar

Interesting synchronicity!

No, not necessarily male. Any card can be either sex. For example, the Emperor could be a woman with leadership, etc, qualities, say the Queen of England. She rules the land. As you know the Empress has WAY different energy than an female Emperor. This is just an example so you don't get stuck believing certain cards always refer to a certain gender, see what I mean?

I have not been able to come up with the difference based on the order. I was going to read the 2 cards, but then I realized I did not know how you were reading them, & in the rules of the forum, you give your interpretation first. Sound good?

Also that could really help to figure how the message varies based on the 2 orders.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
DownUnderNZer's Avatar
DownUnderNZer  DownUnderNZer is offline
Time Traveller
 
Join Date: 20 May 2009
Location: In Between Dimensions
Posts: 10,772
DownUnderNZer 
Time Traveller

DownUnderNZer's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam O View Post
Interesting synchronicity!

No, not necessarily male. Any card can be either sex. For example, the Emperor could be a woman with leadership, etc, qualities, say the Queen of England. She rules the land. As you know the Empress has WAY different energy than an female Emperor. This is just an example so you don't get stuck believing certain cards always refer to a certain gender, see what I mean?

I have not been able to come up with the difference based on the order. I was going to read the 2 cards, but then I realized I did not know how you were reading them, & in the rules of the forum, you give your interpretation first. Sound good?

Also that could really help to figure how the message varies based on the 2 orders.
I did actually give my take on what I thought the two cards meant when I first posted, but didnt realise the MODERATOR took it out.

Roughly: I thought the Magician meant someone that was creative, clever and that the Knight of Pentacles meant it was someone that was willing to not only work on a project, but bring it through to completion. Someone that was reliable and could be depended on. And as a knight...someone MALE. Mind you, I thought as all the cards I got seemed masculine, which is why I wondered perhaps MALE. (There were other cards than just these two only these came up twice and not in the same order). Was looking at the characteristics/personality/type of person I suppose with this question which is why I asked WHO and these cards I found interesting as they came up again 5 hours apart...but in a different order.

Thanks for your input...

But you saying it could go either way has given me food for thought.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4
Pam O's Avatar
Pam O  Pam O is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Jul 2008
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 2,588
Pam O 
Citizen

Pam O's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUnderNZer View Post
Roughly: I thought the Magician meant someone that was creative, clever and that the Knight of Pentacles meant it was someone that was willing to not only work on a project, but bring it through to completion. Someone that was reliable and could be depended on. And as a knight...someone MALE. Mind you, I thought as all the cards I got seemed masculine, which is why I wondered perhaps MALE. (There were other cards than just these two only these came up twice and not in the same order). Was looking at the characteristics/personality/type of person I suppose with this question which is why I asked WHO and these cards I found interesting as they came up again 5 hours apart...but in a different order.

Thanks for your input...

But you saying it could go either way has given me food for thought.
OK. The knight of pents. This is the only knight standing still, surveying the newly plowed field assuming we are talking a RWS clone deck. So pondering, planning, surveying the situation.

Also, people who study the original RWS have noticed the knights all have FEMALE faces!!!!

So here is more to ponder while I go pull those cards and look at them in the 2 orders.

Does this give you more inspiration & enlightenment with this extra info?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #5
Sulis's Avatar
Sulis  Sulis is offline
believer in magic
 
Join Date: 03 Feb 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 23,197
Sulis 
believer in magic

Sulis's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownUnderNZer View Post
I did actually give my take on what I thought the two cards meant when I first posted, but didnt realise the MODERATOR took it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam O
The mod DELETED it???????? Well I understand deleting the extra card info, but with your interpretations deleted, that's probably why no one had answered yet! Oh well, moving on...
Can I just answer this?

This thread was moved from Your Readings because DownUnderNZer wanted to discuss the 2 cards that had shown up in different order in 2 separate readings (the Knight of Pentacles and The Magician) There were no interpretations of those 2 cards removed - they had not been interpreted by DownUnderNZer.
The other cards from the 2 readings were removed since in Using Tarot Cards only 2 cards from a larger reading can be discussed. In Using Tarot Cards thread starters are not required to interpret all of the cards before anyone else replies.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #6
Wendywu's Avatar
Wendywu  Wendywu is offline
Thursday's Child
 
Join Date: 03 May 2008
Location: ...
Posts: 29,614
Wendywu 
Thursday's Child

Wendywu's Avatar
Moderator Note


Having clarified that point can we all move back to the topic at hand please, without further discussion of moderator action.

If anyone is unhappy with any action they think might have been wrongly taken, could I ask them to take it to pm with that moderator please.

Thank you

Wendywu
Co-Moderator- Using Tarot Cards
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #7
Yineth  Yineth is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Jan 2012
Location: The Recycling Bin of Overused Ideas, Ohio
Posts: 436
Yineth 
Citizen

I personally think it could be representing the same person/individual. I suppose if you wanted to nitpick a little, you could focus on which card you flipped over first and consider the 'first card' as the more prominent characteristic of the individual. Or consider the first card as the representation of the outer-surface answer for the query.

Hope that helps somehow ^_^;
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #8
DownUnderNZer's Avatar
DownUnderNZer  DownUnderNZer is offline
Time Traveller
 
Join Date: 20 May 2009
Location: In Between Dimensions
Posts: 10,772
DownUnderNZer 
Time Traveller

DownUnderNZer's Avatar

Some advice was given, so I changed the context of this post.

Main point is: Just wanted to see if these two cards meant anything different being in a different order.

I just spoke to Z about an hour ago and it seems she actually has approached two different men (older ones at that to my surprise) so is still waiting for a response.

Not sure how those cards tie in except maybe describing personalities/characters....
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #9
Anastacia's Avatar
Anastacia  Anastacia is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Sep 2010
Location: WA Australia
Posts: 654
Anastacia 
Citizen

Anastacia's Avatar

So maybe one of them is the Knight and the other is the Magician. You didn't have any positional context, so it's a bit tricky to attribute meaning to the order when it could just be refering to 2 different men. The different order may refer to her changing preference about them, or her indecision about one of the other - the Knight of Pents or the Magician? both very capable, the Knight though is much more reliable. Reliability or excitement - is probably the choice.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #10
 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.