New Moon Spread

MaineGirl117

Originally posted by Eowyn here

Ludy Lescot - no reversals

***3***
***2***
***1***
***0***

1.- What lays on your dark depths. What is unseen. What we stumble against in the dark nights Knight of Cups
http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=54968&d=1329203669

Back in March I had a dream over and over for an entire week while I was vacationing in New Orleans. To say I was surprised by this would be an understatement, I NEVER remember my dreams! So in this dream I was always climbing a gigantic hill. At the top was a watch tower (and I described it at the time to a friend as a surveillance tower or a fireman’s tower) where I had the sense that I worked and the people in the tower were my coworkers. Every time I got to the top of the hill, I’d get into some kind of vehicle (school bus, car) with a man as a driver, and drive off the edge! I never hit bottom, was never scared, but always woke up before ‘touchdown’.

After this series of dreams, as I would do my daily Tarot readings, I kept getting impressions of fires. Big fires, small fires, fires lit to fight fires, fire fighters (you get the picture) but could make no sense of it all. I thought for a little while my house was going to catch on fire and was a bit obsessive about unplugging appliances, checking to make sure candles were out, checking my fire extinguisher - again, these were very real feelings of concern, and they too abated sometime around the end of May.

A couple weeks ago I was invited to a training session for work - in Colorado. As some of you may know, there are extreme wildfires going on in the northern part of the state. I also happen to work for the parent agency that ‘umbrellas’ the National Forestry Service and employs federal firefighters/smoke jumpers.

The Knight here I see not only as the invitation to go to this training session, which is more like a paid vacation than anything else - but I also see it as confirmation of some dreams I had manifesting in the real world.

2.- What will begin to show, to arise. Page of Cups http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=54969&d=1329203764

In this card there’s a young man who is on stage looking like he’s performing a magic act. He’s got his top hat on the stage and there’s a rabbit hidden inside. There’s a pentacle on the cup and droplets of water are splashing up from the cup. Behind him though, is a curtain that’s slightly parted with the really creepy eyeball and semi-human hand parting the curtain. Creepy eyeball looks like it comes from the lizard family.

The LWB says Behind every trick is an illusion, behind every illusion is the truth.”

So perhaps my dreaming mind is opening up a bit more and the things I’ve wondered about for a while are starting to reveal themselves? When I drew the full moon spread (2 weeks ago), the shadow card was this card.

Aside from that, all I can think of is that perhaps on this trip I’ll receive additional messages/information that will be helpful for me - that I’ll love to hear? Creepy eyeball might be someone behind the scenes who is pulling the strings. He/she might not be so creepy, just mysterious and ‘unknown’?

3.- What will illuminate the dark path. The key in the night. Ace of Cups http://i52.tinypic.com/2hewkk9.jpg

This is the most confusing card of the entire spread. Every card in this draw has this chalice in it. What can the chalice be? I get hints of the ‘holy grail’ which aligns to spirituality, love, warm fuzzies - but how can that be the ‘key’? A martini glass? A woman with dark hair? - I am in fact meeting a friend in Colorado who is dark haired for drinks some evening… hmm. Anybody else have an idea how this might work into this spread as a key? Does *LOVE* scream at you when you see this draw, like it does to me? I’m not involved with anybody, and it seems hard to imagine falling in love with somebody a half a world away from where I currently live - but maybe?

Then again, I’m half inclined to see all three Court cards here as manifestations of myself.

0.- Yourself. Shadow card, from the base of the deck. King of Cups http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=54966&d=1329203493

This King has a distillation flask in his hand which holds blood? And he’s looking at a big chalice on a stand next to him. On his arm rest sits an owl. Wise owl, truth seeing owl through illusions. Owl can read between the lines and know when somebody is lying or omitting the truth, or knows what is *NOT* being said. How will this owl help me here?

The King is often somewhat frustrated with his kingly duties. He’s got a lot of creative energy within him due to his firery king side, but his duties keep having him put that creativity on the back burner to run his kingdom. His feet rest on a half globe, he certainly rules his world though it’s not making him too happy at the present moment. Or is it that he’s just day-dreaming?

I have a lot of science education, and while I do work in a science based field, it’s not what I went to school for. You could say in a sense that I feel a little (ok, a lot) like this king! I’d rather be doing something else, but I have a job to do, and I’m going to do it right.

So, could this draw be implying that I might find another way to use my ‘creativity’ in the work place? That perhaps through this opportunity to network, I might find something that I really ‘love’ doing?

Anybody have any thoughts? I know that when one suit dominates a reading, it sometimes signifies ‘stress’ in this case emotional - but that’s really not the case here. I’m enthusiastic for this training session - glad to get away from what I normally do and do something different and actually get paid for it!

Amanda

Is there any particular reason you believe all these cups point to a work-related event? Were you specifically focusing on this when you laid the spread?

MaineGirl117

Well, the Hermit flipped out while I was shuffling and I'm heading to the Rocky Mountains for this training class tomorrow. It's the biggest thing going on in my world right now, and something I'd been hoping to do for over a year.

Other than that, it's been a bit of a progression over the past New/Full Moons leading up to this draw, that I didn't post. I'd be really freak'n amazed if this was a love encounter, but there's no rules saying that each monthly draw had to build off the other one - so it could be something completely new. It's all the court cards of one suit that is just having me draw a blank on anything else!

This draw really tripped me up because it was ALL water. The only fire reference I can make is the Sum = 1 Magician.

Amanda

All cups would lead me to believe it has to do with internal aspects of you.
Something just seems off to me, maybe it's the spread you chose. It seems like it would be a deeper one.

I'll think about your spread some more... probably from the angle of which cards are active and which are passive... Knight/King = Active, Page = Passive. Ace- I'm not really sure... up to this point I've always thought of it as passive, but since it's in with all these other cups, I'd probably have to consider that an Ace (the number 1) is active...

MaineGirl117

Anything would help at this point.

I wondered about the missing Queen, but she really hasn't been missing.. she has shown up in the past two Full Moon spreads, along with the page, the knight and the 10 of cups..

Ohhh... the 10 of cups was "what has to be" and now I've got the key to it all being the Ace... so it's a new cycle of something starting.. hmm..

But then all the aspects of the Cups Court Cards - if they're all me, how does that make sense?

Amanda

I honestly don't know. This thing feels wrapped up neat with a bow and I can't possibly mess with that. So perhaps it is simply "right" for you even though it doesn't quite make sense to me.

MaineGirl117

It's okay. These draws usually become clear within a couple weeks. I'll come back and update when i figure it out or confirm that my interpretation posted did work out.

Thanks!

LeFou

Hmm, well, on a literal level, maybe you will find yourself getting involved in pouring all that Cups water onto all that Colorado forest fires burning right now.

But on another level, you might fall in love with a "hotshot" (as you know, the firefighters who jump out in parachutes, fighting fire from helicopters and planes, dumping water on fire). So purely speculation but:

Knight of Cups - a lovely encounter or invitation
Page - to a student in this training (you)
Ace - love appears and connects with...
King - a "hotshot", or someone managing the effort somehow, pouring water on fire.

I wish you lots and lots of rain!

MaineGirl117

Hmm, well, on a literal level, maybe you will find yourself getting involved in pouring all that Cups water onto all that Colorado forest fires burning right now.

But on another level, you might fall in love with a "hotshot" (as you know, the firefighters who jump out in parachutes, fighting fire from helicopters and planes, dumping water on fire). So purely speculation but:

Knight of Cups - a lovely encounter or invitation
Page - to a student in this training (you)
Ace - love appears and connects with...
King - a "hotshot", or someone managing the effort somehow, pouring water on fire.

I wish you lots and lots of rain!

Thank you LaFou for your thoughts. I'm sorry this feedback has been delayed, but I was on said trip :D

Had a wonderful time, met a lot of really nice people.. just no hotshot fire jumper!! Darn!

I will say though, that finally for once, I felt part of a 'group' instead of "just another somebody" at work. I barely knew these people but I was busier on a social interaction level then I've been in over a year and I think it really showed. I got a lot of lovely compliments while I was there! Not being egotistical at all, just sincerely touched by some very kind words.