love spread

hulpster

Hello,

I recently did a love spread for myself to clarify a current situation with a guy. The spread made sense in giving me advice about the person I had in mind, but as I am new to tarot reading and really just learning the significance of each card, I would love to hear your interpretations of the reading.

I have provided a context below the reading in case you would like to know this. I would like to hear your interpretations without knowing this though.

thank you !

1. Where I stand: Page of Cups
2. What's crossing me: Six of Wands
3. Where the other person is standing: Two of Wands
4. What's crossing him: Two of Cups
5. How I think things are: Ten of Swords
6. How he thinks things are: Knight of Cups
7. Advice for me: The Tower
8. How things are for him: The Fool
9. How are our energies flow together: The Emperor
10. Outcome for me: The Empress
11. Outcome for the other person: The Hierophant
12. Result as a couple: Queen of Cups

Context: The person I was thinking of in this reading has been a friend of mine for a few years. The friendship developed into something more last year, but instigated by him, it ended abruptly. ALthough we never spoke about why things ended, I feel instinctively, that there was a misunderstanding and he felt that I was not interested and so he pulled away. Things were rekindled again earlier this year, but after dating for a couple of months he told me he wasnt' ready for anything serious. We decided to remain friends (although this has been hard!). I have always felt that he wasn't really saying what he felt, and that perhaps it was a fear of being hurt that was stopping him. We have seen each other since the 'break up' and there is certainly a connection.

Sulis

Moderator note

Hi hulpster,

Welcome to Aeclectic and to Your Readings :).

We have some posting rules - they are at the top of Your Readings or HERE.

Please go through the cards in your reading and add your own interpretation.
Could you also tell us what deck you used?

Could other posters please wait till this has been done?

Thanks.

Sulis - Your Readings co-moderator

hulpster

update on Love spread reading

oops sorry that I forgot to include which deck I used and my interpretation of the reading. I have reposted the cards drawn at the bottom of this post to assist in your interpretations.

thanks again.

I used the Rider-Waite deck.

I think that cards 1 & 2 recognise that I am deeply moved by this person and perhaps the love is genuine (from my perspective at least) however I don't know how to interpret Qn 2.
The Three of Wands suggests to me that he is trying to understand how I might fit in the picture in the long term but I am still trying to work out how the Two of Cups might be interpreted in answering 'What's crossing him?". The card represents lovers, union, connection to me. Perhaps he doesn't see these qualities in me?
How I am seeing the situation at the moment (Ten of Swords) might be worse than it actually is. Perhaps things will work out for us in the end? In drawing a Knight of Cups for him in response to Qn 6, perhaps he is feeling that things are emotionally up and down for us right now, and this adds to his uncertainty about a relationship.
The Tower at Qn 7 tells me that I need to see the situation for what it really is or that I need to change some behaviours. Drawing The Fool at Qn 8 tells me that this person must start afresh and have faith in our relationship.
I think there is a strong and powerful connection between us, that is often fiery and heated - represented by The Emperor (Qn 9). The outcome for me is positive as it is represented by The Empress which to me, represents love, life and nurturing (Qn 10) however I am not sure how to interpret the outcome for him (Qn 11) for which I drew The Hierophant.
The result as a couple will be a nurturing and emotionally supportive relationship, represented by the Queen of Cups.

Context: The person I was thinking of in this reading has been a friend of mine for a few years. The friendship developed into something more last year, but instigated by him, it ended abruptly. ALthough we never spoke about why things ended, I feel instinctively, that there was a misunderstanding and he felt that I was not interested and so he pulled away. Things were rekindled again earlier this year, but after dating for a couple of months he told me he wasnt' ready for anything serious. We decided to remain friends (although this has been hard!). I have always felt that he wasn't really saying what he felt, and that perhaps it was a fear of being hurt that was stopping him. We have seen each other since the 'break up' and there is certainly a connection.

Alta

>> You are NOT in control of situation. The very strong 6 of wands 'crossing' the slightly timid and wondering Page of Cups says that the power is not in your hands, but presumably in his. That of course is why you are asking, you have a desired outcome (emotion, heart's desire >> Page of Cups) but feel the situation is beyond your ability to manage it (6W crossing).

>> He has particular goals, he is focused and knows what he wants. If he wants you beside him, you will be. If he doesn't, you won't be.

>> He really does like you, but his will (2W) is stronger than his heart.

>> You no longer have much hope. A little, but not a lot.

>> This Knight is a bit self-centred, very idealistic. If he decides that he wants romance, it works. If he decides to run off and find the Holy Grail, well, too bad for you.

>> I think this may be saying to step back or things may fall apart on you badly.

>> Not worried.

>> Someone has to be the boss it seems, and the other cards say it isn't you. The Emperor is not a card of union.

>> I think you are assuming this is the outcome when/if he comes to you. That might not happen. You could have a perfectly happy life with someone else.

>> Again, not a card of union. There is something austere about it here.

>>> Depends if you become a couple or not. If you, apparently it would go reasonably well. The rest of the cards are not optimistic.

Just my view, take it as one opinion. :)

Alta

hulpster

thank you Alta for your interpretation. Sadly, I can see how your interpretation reflects on our situation accurately

Sulis

Hi hulpster,

Could you please add some feedback? You have a private message.

Sulis

MoiraKarin

oops sorry that I forgot to include which deck I used and my interpretation of the reading. I have reposted the cards drawn at the bottom of this post to assist in your interpretations.

thanks again.

I used the Rider-Waite deck.

I think that cards 1 & 2 recognise that I am deeply moved by this person and perhaps the love is genuine (from my perspective at least) however I don't know how to interpret Qn 2.
The Three of Wands suggests to me that he is trying to understand how I might fit in the picture in the long term but I am still trying to work out how the Two of Cups might be interpreted in answering 'What's crossing him?". The card represents lovers, union, connection to me. Perhaps he doesn't see these qualities in me?
How I am seeing the situation at the moment (Ten of Swords) might be worse than it actually is. Perhaps things will work out for us in the end? In drawing a Knight of Cups for him in response to Qn 6, perhaps he is feeling that things are emotionally up and down for us right now, and this adds to his uncertainty about a relationship.
The Tower at Qn 7 tells me that I need to see the situation for what it really is or that I need to change some behaviours. Drawing The Fool at Qn 8 tells me that this person must start afresh and have faith in our relationship.
I think there is a strong and powerful connection between us, that is often fiery and heated - represented by The Emperor (Qn 9). The outcome for me is positive as it is represented by The Empress which to me, represents love, life and nurturing (Qn 10) however I am not sure how to interpret the outcome for him (Qn 11) for which I drew The Hierophant.
The result as a couple will be a nurturing and emotionally supportive relationship, represented by the Queen of Cups.

Desiring a initiation of new love coming from him

you have a very succesful outlook on the both of you in mind, though reality makes you annoyed that the relationship for the both of you is everything but a success.

He desires a new initiation with you

His desire is stronger then the actual love he feels for you. He probably likes you, but i do not think that this is strong enough for him to desire it to a next level to get to know you more.
it's more the passion which drives him.

The current situation of this love potential is wearing you down.

He has a different perception to what he believes the relationship should be. He would like to see the relationship different, then it currently is. I do not have a feeling here he likes to go forward with you, but rather feel like he has a different perception of what he think love should be.It is not his feelings who wishes to make a change with you, but i he rather has a different idea of what he desires for love

For me this means : Let him go, how hard or devastiating it may be or feel. You are keeping yourself prisoner by the hopes and the feelings you may have for him. holding back the perspectives of new love coming into your life..

I do not think he gives it any serious consideration here

There is only one who is holding the strings here. I think you are too dependant here on what the other decides to do. It feels inbalanced for a serious relatioship

You wait patiently waiting for something fruitful to come into being from this relationship with him

Again here something which feels unbalaced, and not feeling romantical at all.
It feels like he will take the time if , and only if things turn out because he thinks it might be the right time he could take this in perspective. It has something to me like""what ever we'll see""

Also this feels like you have to be the one who is making the options most open at this time

I'm sorry but i do not feel much seriousness in this reading at the current moment. The tower for me came in as a very strong advice to let him go.
Maybe in time he will feel more for you then the current feeling he has of you now which will be no more then"i like you''

seaglass

Hello,

Hi Hulpster, I view these cards as very positive in feeling and somewhat stunted in expression. This was confirmed by your description about the start / stop nature of your friendship-relationship. It's clear that there is mutual fondness and that's why you have so many cups cards here.

You're in a sweet, willing-to-be-tender state of mind right now (page of cups) and what's hanging over you is victory (6 of wands) - overcoming this tense situation (10 of swords, Emperor). It's clear that you don't feel like you're in control, as another commenter mentioned. 10 of Swords shows that you are being a little melodramatic there - fearing the worst - although your fears are somewhat founded b/c you are both very self-contained around each other (Emperor). At least as far as romance is concerned.

I think he is head over heels for you, honestly. Knight of Cups / Fool / Two of Wands / and Two of Cups? I think he's envisioning (2 of wands) how to go about a relationship with you (2 of cups) and he views it in a very free, romantic and exciting way (Knight of Cups, Fool). It also suggests a fresh start to your situation. You might be fatigued 10 of Swords, but, maybe a little frustratingly, he's not at all.

I hesitate to give you a definite read on The Tower. My instinct is that it's telling you to open your eyes to the situation - that there is love in the air. Especially b/c the outcome for you is so positive - Empress and Queen of Cups - you're going to be lavishing love on somebody, that's for sure. I think the outcome for him is positive, too - considering that the situation is progressing from the Emperor - the Hierophant is the next logical step. A union of the Emperor and the Empress. Some associate the Hierophant as a union of venus and saturn, so I think this suggests that your relationship is about to become "official."

Best wishes to you!

hulpster

Thanks Alta for your interpretation. I do agree with your reading that I am not in control of the situtation at present but there are some things which I read differently. I have clarified below..

>> You are NOT in control of situation. The very strong 6 of wands 'crossing' the slightly timid and wondering Page of Cups says that the power is not in your hands, but presumably in his. That of course is why you are asking, you have a desired outcome (emotion, heart's desire >> Page of Cups) but feel the situation is beyond your ability to manage it (6W crossing).

>>> I agree with your interpretation here

>> He has particular goals, he is focused and knows what he wants. If he wants you beside him, you will be. If he doesn't, you won't be.

>>>I took 2W for him to mean that he is currently at a cross-roads. Trying to choose between pursuing something with me or concentrating on his career.

>> He really does like you, but his will (2W) is stronger than his heart.

>>>I feel this interpretation is true but reading this card as an obstacle, I think perhaps he is not allowing himself to be taken over by his feelings?

>> You no longer have much hope. A little, but not a lot.

>>> Yes I can see how this is accurate of how I am feeling!

>> This Knight is a bit self-centred, very idealistic. If he decides that he wants romance, it works. If he decides to run off and find the Holy Grail, well, too bad for you.

>>> Yes he can be self-centred. I agree. I also read the nature of the Knight in this. Being that perhaps he is a little flippant in his approach to love. Perhaps enjoys the initial thrill of romance but gets bored once it's beyond the exciting stage?

>> I think this may be saying to step back or things may fall apart on you badly.

>>> I heed this advice! I also read the Tower to mean seeing the truth of the situation as it is but also in the context of the reading (which I read to be overall positive).

>> Not worried.

>>> I took The Fool to be blissfully unaware, naive and open to possibility.

>> Someone has to be the boss it seems, and the other cards say it isn't you. The Emperor is not a card of union.

>>>Yes I agree - someone needs to be boss. I think this is accurate of our energy. I also read this card to deep, authoritative, serious. Perhaps a serious connection between us?

>> I think you are assuming this is the outcome when/if he comes to you. That might not happen. You could have a perfectly happy life with someone else.

>>>Ok, interesting! I read Qn. 10 to be in the context of my situation with this person. But I am happy for this outcome regardless :)

>> Again, not a card of union. There is something austere about it here.

>>> I understand the Hierophant to be about spirituality and traditional values. As with Qn 10, I read this card in the context our relationship, and took it to be a union of some kind. Perhaps meeting his soul mate in me? Or dare I say...marriage?!

>>> Depends if you become a couple or not. If you, apparently it would go reasonably well. The rest of the cards are not optimistic.

>>> Agree!

Just my view, take it as one opinion. :)

Alta

Earthly

So any update on how things turned out? I see this post is from a few years ago. OP are you still around?