Sun and Moon - The Fool

Claire Voyante

In this card I see a boy who is about to walk off the edge of a jagged cliff. That makes me think that he is trusting that the road he is taking will get him where he wants to be eventually. To trust your instincts. The butterfly who has circled around the boy many times is supposed to represent the air or your soul. It seems to me that his soul is excited about traveling, the freedom of going anywhere it wants.

The crocodile is looking up at the sky and it feels like he is daydreaming. That he is thinking about what to do next. The tiger is scratching at the boy's back. I think that represents the doubt scratching at him, or his fear trying to get to him. There is nothing in the sky except the sun. Without looking at the sun, the sky makes me think that the possibilties are endless. The sun makes me think of fire, I am thinking of the fire of his determination of traveling and getting him where he wants to go.

The water immediately makes me think emotions,maybe the emotions of leaving home and traveling by himself. The staff in his backpack is actually the staff of Hermes and the Egyptian wand of vision, it makes me think of health, because it is the symbol of the healthcare profession.

Simple

For me, when I look at this card I see that the boy is set to go on a journey. It's that last hesitation moment before you take the first step.
I think the tiger warns him of danger ahead. The butterfly may be promising that the journey will transform him. The crocodile probably saying there're exciting things and new things ahead to learn. The ocean is forever extending so the journey might be long with no end in sight. The sun is behind the boy's head, so I regard it as a blessing. And the boy carries the staff of Hermes and Vision so I think it means he has what it takes to complete the journey; he just has to take a leap of faith and take the first step.
Thank you for starting the thread. It's good to write down thoughts and discuss about it.
Have you thought about its meaning if this card comes up as obstacle?