Fantastical Tarot - The Fool 0

coldsuns

We will start with the fool. I cant see any specifics on the card. Can you point out anythings in the card that tell us about The Fool?

Thanks!

twilight_reader

I finally made some time to draw a few cards a compare them with the RWS. I think it has helped me to incorporate the meanings I am already comfortable with into this deck.

I've been looking at the Fool card and noticed that he is standing in a strange position. My question is, is it his shoulder that is pointing out or is that a nipple? LOL

coldsuns

lets start from The Fool..? he's wearin a juggler's hat. takin a wand..or staff..wateva. his hat is multi-color. erm...he's wearin earing and he's grinning. the place seems to be crooked..sorta like illusion? lOl..dunno wat to say. guys, contribute! ;P

lunalafey

This fool is quite an eye catcher- as if being the center of attention is his primary goal.
This fool is portryed as a court jester. His job- to keep things light.
When the air got thick- he would do something the change the atmosphere. It was not known if his silly antics would change things or not- he could only do what he could an hope for a good response. A Jester who is good at reading a situation and handling things in a brilliant manner will make his way up the ranks of the court. It pays to be creative, versitale and light hearted.

inanna_tarot

Fool thoughts

Hmm definately a shoulder rather than a nipple Twilight!

The background is rather distorted, picking up on LuneLaFey's point about traditional jester roles, maybe he sees the world in that distorted view to keep finding positives and keeping himself sane in being privy to all sorts of information and goings on in the castle. He is a very vibrant figure in the gloomy dark, showing how he turns that frown upside down, but in doing it for others all the time he's had to change his view on the world. Comedians etc have a tendency to be sadful and depressive people, making everyone but themselves laugh, so he has had to change his view to keep himself truely smiling.

The fool in Robin Hobb's Farseer triology comes to mind here, being very scary and abnormal in one sense, to help him deal with all he sees and knows, being completely loyal to the castle and the king for love, rather than just keeping his head on his neck. Anyone one else read those books? or am i just loopy alone?

Talking of his head, the hat reminds me of a spider, and spiders are creatures of wisdom, starting on a new path, a new thread to the web of Wyrd perhaps?

Sezo
x

Xarokys

Hello,

I've had this deck for awhile, but it wasn't speaking to me much. I'd like to join in and see if it will open up if I give it a little more attention.

When I look at the Fool, he (or she, that could be a nipple) reminds me of something like a butterfly that has just emerged from its chrysalis (spelling?). I guess those are his pants but they kind of look like a cocoon and he is a newly emerged insect who has to plump up his wings and let his shell harden before he can fly away. He is looking around at the strange new world he has found himself in. Not so long ago he was just a little larva, happy and safe in his cocoon. Now it has burst open and he is being squeezed out into a new life. He's not quite sure what to make of it, so he's just looking around, and he has a big smile on his face because even though he's scared, he's also excited about the adventures he knows he will soon be starting.

I should probably mention that here in Ohio, USA we are currently in the midst of the invasion of the 17 year cicada, an insect that lives underground for 17 years and then comes up to mate, lay eggs, and die. There are approximately 5 billion of the little buggers out now, but soon they will all be gone and we won't see them again til 2021. Anyway, this is why everything reminds me of insects.

Ravenswing

fool...

hi all--

This deck just flew in recently. I'm finding it quite a study. The Courts are the only set I've encountered that speak out to me. One thing i'm doing is placing them in a 4 x 4 square and moving them around to see how they interact.

Anyhow, the Fool. I work a lot with the Kabalah, so I'll find that everywhere. The Fool is standing in front of three pillars-- I see these as the pillars of the Tree of Life. If you notice, the center pillar has a Fool's face on it. The center pillar is the pillar of balance. From this, I see the Fool as a balanced figure.

The pillars are warped-- the Fool's perception being a different one then the normal consenus. A bit strange perhaps. (warped humor...)

His hat splits into six. Six is a number of centering. So we have a balanced, centered Fool.

The Fool deals with paradox and its resolution. Well, I've just called the Fool balanced and centered. But to look at his image, that doesn't seem so. Paradox... He carries a little Fool on a stick. This little guy seems rather balanced and centered. Resolution...

Another thing to consider--

The Fool was there to entertain. But he was also the only person in the court who could alway speak his mind. The only one who could contradict and criticise the King.

After all, he was only a Fool...

fly well
Raven

inanna_tarot

Xarokys said:

He is looking around at the strange new world he has found himself in. Not so long ago he was just a little larva, happy and safe in his cocoon. Now it has burst open and he is being squeezed out into a new life. He's not quite sure what to make of it, so he's just looking around, and he has a big smile on his face because even though he's scared, he's also excited about the adventures he knows he will soon be starting.

Greetings Xarokys, and welcome to the study!
I really like your interpretation of the Fool! Another thought that popped into my head are new born babies. They see everything so wideeyed and amazed, smiling at everything because everything they see is a new thing and dont have the mind to judge if things are good/bad. Everything has equal pleasure to see from a baby's POV, like a cicada, and when we jump into a new project we are amazed by everything!

Ravenswing said:

I work a lot with the Kabalah, so I'll find that everywhere. The Fool is standing in front of three pillars-- I see these as the pillars of the Tree of Life. If you notice, the center pillar has a Fool's face on it. The center pillar is the pillar of balance. From this, I see the Fool as a balanced figure.

The pillars are warped-- the Fool's perception being a different one then the normal consenus. A bit strange perhaps. (warped humor...)

His hat splits into six. Six is a number of centering. So we have a balanced, centered Fool.

The Fool deals with paradox and its resolution. Well, I've just called the Fool balanced and centered. But to look at his image, that doesn't seem so. Paradox...

Welcome Ravenswing!
I had to quote nearly all your message! If you want to start up a new thread about the cards, say if your starting with the aces, then feel free! I've sort of jumped on board as the main postee about the deck, but i'm not a 'leader' as such. If you could PM me if you started a new thread that would be great! Dont want to miss ANY posts about this deck :)

Im interested in the Kabbalah and numerology, but i havent done alot into those studies, so hopefully your posts will bring out other key ideas about the cards!
I never noticed the fools face on the pillar!

This deck does get you thinking!!

Blessings all.
Sezo
x

Eco74

As for the fool...

I have yet to get through the entire deck but the fool is one card that has really stuck to my mind.
In fact, the whole deck seems to speak to me, with words or with glances..

The fool in my way of seeing him (or indeed her) is a twister of reality, someone who can turn reality to whatever he (or she) wishes it to be at this time and who can open any door in any direction at any time..
The fool seems to be somewhat of a controller of all of reality, in the way that whatever way he (or she) sees the world is indeed the one true way, until the fools mind has been changed...

The fool is a trickster, but the question of wether the person the reading is done for is performing the tricks or being tricked is for the entirety of the reading to conclude.

Also a clue can be if the eyes seem to be open or closed.
I´ve noticed that the eyes can be seen as both open and closed. When closed locking out the energy of the card indicating a block, or in the case of the fool that one is holding the short end of the straw.
When opened indicating that the person whom the reading is being done for has the path to the cards energy wide open and all the power is there to use, for better or worse.

Since I´m still fairly new to the deck, rest assured I will get back to the discussions on the other cards as I get to them.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ Edited to add...

Looking at the card again, it strikes me how happy she looks, and it really does look like a she all of a sudden, while the little fool on a stick sems both male and properly dressed.
Talk about your breaking of convention...

I also get the feeling that she could at any time instead become he and this gives the fool even more freedom than the average.