Rose Quartz
Aventurine
Carnelian Agate
Amythyst
Black Onyx
Hematite
Jasper
Citrine

I know very little about the properties of rock, but I'm eager to learn. Could anyone give me a little run down on what some of these mean? Would some be better for runestones than others? Any help would be very appreciated.

cjtarot

Have a "must see" for ya

Hi,

Check out
www.heavenandearth.ws

This site sells jewlery, and has a run down of some of the properties..

My advise would be..yes review the properties, but if you can, take a look at and if possible hold, the runes before you buy them, they have to feel right to you.

Good shipping
CJ

lark

Big help

Thank you jctarot that helped with some of the stones. I wish I could hold and handle them but their in a magazine. I'm very attracted to the solalite runes. Maybe I'll do a search and see what else I come up with. Thanks again!

Kyrielle

I have carnelian runes and like them very much. They work well for me.

But that's just a comment. Go with whichever set naturally feels most attractive to you.

When I got the carnelian runes, I had originally planned to get amethyst, but the store was out of them, and the carnelian ones spoke to me so strongly I was surprised. Later on I did get a set of amethyst runes, but I like the carnelian ones better for my usual work anyway.

-- Kyrielle

DeLani

Dear Lark,
If you still have no idea which ones you want, and can't physically hold them, you could try asking a pendulum, if you have one.
Otherwise, I would suggest amethyst, because that stone helps with opening the 3rd eye/intuition.
Best of luck!

skytwig

Sodalite is a very kind stone and deals with the throat chakra, which is about communication..... communication with your Guides?

Hematite would be a grand stone to have for runes.... it is the heaviest of the stones you listed and feels great in the hands.... It is a grounding stone, very earth oriented.

All of the quartzs, of course, are very magickal and tend to be greater 'speakers' of truth.... rose quartz especially deals with healing the heart and inner child issues.

You can also make your own, using river rocks.

lark

Hi DeLani

Thank-you for responding. I love amethyst. And the pendulum idea is great, I'm going to try it. I found a wonderful site for the meaphysical properties of rocks. www.grandpasgeneral.com

It said Sodalite promotes learning, intuition, rational thought, emotional balance, stone of wisdom seekers.
Sounds like all good things for someone who is trying to learn the ruins.

This is what it said about Amethyst increases spirituality, meditative and psychic abilities and promotes inner peace.

Wouldn't it be fun to post a rock a day and start out with it's basic meaning. And people could post what they've heard or there experiances with it. How they use it.

Would anyone out there be interested in that? Has this already been done?

Thanks again DeLani I'll let you know what the pendulum says.

Hi skytwig, you and I must have been posting at the exact same moment. Thanks for your suggestions.
Making my own would be a good option. As while I was making them I'd also me learning them and connecting on a more personal level.

skytwig

Lark.... sounds like you love rocks and crystals like I do....

One of the absolute best resources for studying qualities of stones and crystals are the books by Melody.... Love is in the Earth is one of them. She covers ever mineral imaginable and has been my primary reference.

This is the site of the Association of Melody Crystal Healing Instructors (TAOMCHI):

http://www.taomchi.com/

There, you can see her books and get an idea of the work she has given to us 'rock hounds'.

Enjoy!

lark

About Pendalums

What does it mean when it circles and what does it mean when it swings back and forth?

raeanne

Hi Lark,
I have a set of hematite Runes and they are the only store bought set that I have that really feels good in my hands. It would be nice if you could hold the runes before you make your choice.

With a pendulum, you have to ask the pendulum what the different directions mean. When you start using a pendulum, ask it to show you a positive response. It may circle clockwise or counter clockwise or it may move back and forth horizontally or vertically or even diagonally. Once you know a positive response, ask the pendulum to show you a negative response and then ask it to show you a neutral response.

Let us know which Rune set you choose!