Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Marlo 
Citizen

How to use tarot to pick numbers for lotto ?

I wonder if any of you have ever used its tarot to choose numbers to play lotto. If so, what is your technique ?

I've tried the following method with the RWS : 1 to 22 = Magician to Fool, 23 to 36 = suit of Wands (starting from ace), 37 to 50 = suit of Cups, 51 to 64 = suit of Swords, 65 to 78 = suit of Coins.

As lotto got 49 numbers, if i pick up a card with a higher number, i usually add tens and units, and if i get two same results, i multiply.

However, when i apply this method, i have the feeling it's not very effective.

Anyone got a better idea ?
Marlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Le Fanu 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo View Post
Presumably, someone who has already won? I won't believe any method unless the person has won.

I have never used tarot for this but the Modiano Cartes della Fortuna (image attached) actually have lottery numbers on the corners of the cards (52 cards; 1-52). The lottery here is based on numbers 1-50 so I select five cards plus two extra cards for the "star" cards (I don't know how your lottery works).

I've used them a few times to choose my numbers but so far haven't won anything. So I guess that means they don't work. .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Modiano.jpg (131.6 KB, 46 views)
Le Fanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Marlo 
Citizen

Ooh i've never heard of that tarot before, thanks a lot Le Fanu, i will try it and see what happen.

If i win the jackpot i'll share some of my wealth with you for giving me this idea

In France, we got the traditional lotto, some other games with the same rules, and another one called Keno with 70 numbers. You can choose from 2 to 10 numbers.
Old 23-08-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Le Fanu 
Citizen

Quote:
Ooh i've never heard of that tarot before, thanks a lot Le Fanu, i will try it and see what happen.

If i win the jackpot i'll share some of my wealth with you for giving me this idea

In France, we got the traditional lotto, some other games with the same rules, and another one called Keno with 70 numbers. You can choose from 2 to 10 numbers.
It's not tarot - of course - but you can use them however you wish! It's good for the Euromillions, which I'm guessing you have in France; pick 5 numbers, 1-50 plus two extra "star" numbers from 1-10.

Like I say, I keep trying, but no luck yet!

I'd be curious to hear if anyone has worked out a more tarot-based way. I have been tempted to just get a playing card deck and use it only for the lottery, but which two cards - out of 52 - would I eliminate?

Maybe it's a good use for an incomplete deck. Now there's an idea! I have an incomplete Papus deck which may well have 50 cards...
Le Fanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
Marlo 
Citizen

Is there any word to define this kind of deck ? My english is limited at times.

And i agree, it's difficult to choose what card to remove from the deck, i feel it would upset the whole energy of it.

Maybe there are some Oracles that could be used for that.

I've checked the Papus deck you were talking about. It looks very mysterious.
Old 23-08-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
SunChariot 
Citizen

Quote:
I wonder if any of you have ever used its tarot to choose numbers to play lotto. If so, what is your technique ?

I've tried the following method with the RWS : 1 to 22 = Magician to Fool, 23 to 36 = suit of Wands (starting from ace), 37 to 50 = suit of Cups, 51 to 64 = suit of Swords, 65 to 78 = suit of Coins.

As lotto got 49 numbers, if i pick up a card with a higher number, i usually add tens and units, and if i get two same results, i multiply.

However, when i apply this method, i have the feeling it's not very effective.

My understanding of how Tarot (ot any divination tool) works is that it will never answer that kind of question no matter what you do. The cards are not going to just up and give you the winning combination to win the 50 million dollars, even though they could if they wanted to.

The way I learnt it, the cards are a spiritual tool, to help us understand life better and to better ourselves and deepen our connection even. But if we try to ask questions about how to win money they just will not answer. Spiritual tools cannot be used in that way. As much as I hate this word here, the word "greed" is the one I heard used about this when I was learning. That spiritual tools can only be used for spiritual purposes. And trying to win large sums of money...is not that.

Just telling you what i was told when learning.

Babs

"Love this world with the joy of a child, because anything else is only make believe"
(told to me in a meditation)

Last edited by SunChariot; 24-08-2012 at 14:44.
SunChariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Mabuse 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunChariot View Post
My understanding of how Tarot (ot any divination tool) works is that it will never answer that kind of question no matter what you do. The cards are not going to just up and give you the winning combination to win the 50 million dollars, even though they could if they wanted to.
Babs
You do realize that Tarot was not originally designed as a divination tool? Tarot, at least as originally conceived, is a type of card game. Divination is a re-purposing of the Tarot. Why is the OP's re-purposing less legit than the use of Tarot for divinatory purposes?

Mabuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
closrapexa 
Citizen

Besides, it's all fun. When I worked for gambling sites I came to the not very difficult conclusion that when you play a game, you're not paying for a chance to win, but for the entertainment of playing. It may not be "mystical" to choose lottery numbers with the cards, and it will probably not work, but so what, it's all for fun, and there is no difference between that and pulling numbers out of a hat, or from thin air.

(I remember a member here once asked whether to put mushrooms in a certain dish. While not a very spiritual question, the answer was yes, and I was told it came out delicious)

Tarot is a game we constantly make up rules for on the fly; anyone who limits their use of it to certain preconceived notions are doing themselves a disservice.

Last edited by closrapexa; 24-08-2012 at 16:49.
closrapexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
Marlo 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunChariot View Post

That spiritual tools can only be used for spiritual purposes. And trying to win large sums of money...is not that.

Babs
Money can have some spiritual purposes especially when you want to do good around you, don't you think ?

In another hand, i understand your point of view. As i said, before, when i use tarot cards for this, i can sense the numbers i get, won't be that effective. That's why i asked if anyone got a better idea

Closrapexa, i like your definition of the entertaining. And when you say that "tarot is a game we constantly make up rules for on the fly", it involves an idea of experimentation that helps us to deepen our knowledge about it.
Old 24-08-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
closrapexa 
Citizen

Even Aleister Crowley once said that there can be no spiritual path if you're hungry (or something to that effect)

Old 24-08-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today