Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Dragon12 
Resident

5 of Pentacles as feelings

When I see this come up in a feelings reading, I always think that the person feels rejected, like they have been thrown out into the cold. There might also be an element of unattainability to it, since the card often shows someone watching from a distance, with the watched party being completely unaware of it (they watch the person/people through the window). The fact that the figure is usually cloaked supports this as well because it makes them very anonymous - like someone having strong feelings for someone else, but never admitting it. Does anyone else have any ideas?
Dragon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Thirteen 
The Thirteenth Moon

Arrow Pride, oddly enough

Rejected, certainly, but there could also be an element of pride. This card can indicate someone who has done something not approved of by society. This thing may not be reprehensible, by the way; it could just be that they think and act differently. In order to get back in, they will have to bend or change, ask for forgiveness and get back in line with what their culture/religion/society expects. Refusing to do that, they remain out in the cold.

Thus, the card can indicate an element of pride. Depending on the situation, this pride may be noble or it may be foolish.

The question of the card is, are these poor people outcasts because the wealthy have turned their backs on them--i.e. the wealthy want to pretend the poor don't exist--thus the poor feel rightly rejected, or are the poor too proud to beg, ask, bend in order to get what they need from the wealthy? The answer could be either or both. If the later, however, then the card holds as much a feeling of pride and even righteous anger, of "I'd rather starve then take charity from you!" as it does of sorrow, rejection and being forsaken or forgotten.
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Dragon12 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
Rejected, certainly, but there could also be an element of pride. This card can indicate someone who has done something not approved of by society. This thing may not be reprehensible, by the way; it could just be that they think and act differently. In order to get back in, they will have to bend or change, ask for forgiveness and get back in line with what their culture/religion/society expects. Refusing to do that, they remain out in the cold.

Thus, the card can indicate an element of pride. Depending on the situation, this pride may be noble or it may be foolish.

The question of the card is, are these poor people outcasts because the wealthy have turned their backs on them--i.e. the wealthy want to pretend the poor don't exist--thus the poor feel rightly rejected, or are the poor too proud to beg, ask, bend in order to get what they need from the wealthy? The answer could be either or both. If the later, however, then the card holds as much a feeling of pride and even righteous anger, of "I'd rather starve then take charity from you!" as it does of sorrow, rejection and being forsaken or forgotten.
This makes sense for the card in general, but how would it relate to one person's feelings for another?
Old 27-08-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
momentarylight 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon12 View Post
This makes sense for the card in general, but how would it relate to one person's feelings for another?
That is a very subjective question .

It could relate to a feeling of unworthiness or of not being on 'the same plane'.

By the latter, I feel that what Thirteen has said is relevant. There could be awareness of a real difference in status or values but not necessarily shame or fear in that.

Or it could mean that one person has no feelings or very few at all. Even distaste.

Trust your own judgement but note what you feel or say, and validate it later if you can. That is how you learn
momentarylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
Dragon12 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentarylight View Post
That is a very subjective question .

It could relate to a feeling of unworthiness or of not being on 'the same plane'.

By the latter, I feel that what Thirteen has said is relevant. There could be awareness of a real difference in status or values but not necessarily shame or fear in that.

Or it could mean that one person has no feelings or very few at all. Even distaste.

Trust your own judgement but note what you feel or say, and validate it later if you can. That is how you learn
I know, that's why I have a record of every reading I've done for the last 4 years I can definitely see what you mean about unworthiness, like they don't feel like they're even in the same league.
Old 27-08-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
nisaba 
Tarot-Tart

I often see it as regret, too: regret for bad decision of the past that have led to losses of one kind or another.

Life is a holy moment, a brief flash of sentience in the sacred abyss.

Nisaba: Beautiful, and Fabulously Twisted.
nisaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
starrystarrynight 
Intolerance intolerant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon12
...5 of Pentacles as feelings...
His feelings may be less than spiritual or wholesome in her view. (In the RWS image, the couple is standing outside the church in a snowstorm, so metaphorically, the feeling is just that: his feelings are not based upon what the seeker would like to have him feel for her.)

Old 28-08-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today