The Book of The Law Study Group 3.56

Always Wondering

56=Nu

For beauty's sake. For love's sake. For Nu's sake.

I always think of Tiphareth when I read this verse. And the first thirty verses of Chapter One.

If the Empress does not shut herself up as in the last verse, the door of Binah is open and the 17th path, Zain is open to Tiphareth. We are divided.

AW

Aeon418

If the Empress does not shut herself up as in the last verse, the door of Binah is open and the 17th path, Zain is open to Tiphareth. We are divided.

The "chaste women" in the previous verse could be a symbolic reference to the supression of our feminine sides. Only in relatively recent times has there been a gradual shift in attitudes calling for people to be more open and expressive of their feelings. Also there has been a shift in attitudes regarding sex. In the past these things still existed but under greater levels of control. Today we are seeing a release that is working torwards healing and making whole our divided selves. That is the general "holistic" feel I get from this verse.

Beauty and Love are also characteristics of the HGA (5 = 6).

The following numerical connection is suggestive more than anything else.

Verse 201. 3 x 67 = 201.

3 sakes. Her sake, beauty's sake, love's sake.

67 = BINH(Binah) and also ZIN(Zain).

Always Wondering

That is the general "holistic" feel I get from this verse.

Yes, that is what I was working toward. Maybe I am over my sorrowful Buddha stage. ;) Also connecting, or trying to, Zain to Babylon as in woman with the sword. Also thinking about The Oyster.

The Brothers of A.'.A.'. are one with the Mother of
the Child.(4)
The Many is as adorable to the One as the One is to
the Many. This is the Love of These; creation-
parturition is the Bliss of the One; coition-
dissolution is the Bliss of the Many.
The All, thus interwoven of These, is Bliss.
Naught is beyond Bliss.
The Man delights in uniting with the Woman; the
Woman in parting from the Child.
The Brothers of A.'.A.'. are Women: the Aspirants
to A.'.A.'. are Men.

Beauty and Love are also characteristics of the HGA (5 = 6).
Oh yeah. I was trying to make another Love connection beside Venus.

Verse 201. 3 x 67 = 201.

3 sakes. Her sake, beauty's sake, love's sake.

67 = BINH(Binah) and also ZIN(Zain).

Nice.
201= AR
to burn; to be or become bright; to light, to kindle; to lighten; to quicken or revive; to cheer; to enlighten (the mind).

AW

Aeon418

Maybe I am over my sorrowful Buddha stage. ;)
At least now you can tell him where he can stick his Eight Garudammas. :laugh:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eight_Garudhammas

Also connecting, or trying to, Zain to Babylon as in woman with the sword.
If you look at Atu VI The Lovers you can see two women on either side. They are supposed represent Virtue and Vice, or Eve and Lilith. The symbol of the Woman girt with a Sword may indicate the assumption of both aspects in one woman - which is exactly what they are. ;) It is the discriminating Sword of Reason that cuts them in two, prefering one over the other.

Also thinking about The Oyster.

The Oyster did cross my mind too. But it seems like a very technical and obscure interpretation. However we might as well run with it.

The aspirants to A.'.A.'. are symbolically men because the formaula of attainment below the Abyss is positive or phallic. The Brothers of A.'.A.'., who have crossed the Abyss, are symbolically women because their formula of attainment has reveresed polarity and they are now meant to be vehicles for the Universal Will and Universal Love. In this sense the "chaste women" may be interepreted as those who have taken this step, but have pulled back and tried to close themselves off from the Universe.

Quote from Eshelman's M&M of A.'.A.'., p.163:

Jim Eshelman said:
There are those, however, who are unwilling to make the transition. Their ego-centers still hold sway over their deeper being. Ultimately, they are afraid to die. This is the same as saying that they are afraid to love, which is equally true. Even as the self is lost in the Belovèd in the depths of love – even as the ego softens or surrenders its warding and defining barriers in the rapture of orgasm – so is the Fear of Death always a Fear of Love. Those who thus fear are known as the Black Brothers.

(On a different note I think Jim's comments on p.28, "The Pronoun Problem", are very much in tune with this verse. :))

Always Wondering

Eight Garudammas.
:rolleyes:

If you look at Atu VI The Lovers you can see two women on either side. They are supposed represent Virtue and Vice, or Eve and Lilith. The symbol of the Woman girt with a Sword may indicate the assumption of both aspects in one woman - which is exactly what they are. ;) It is the discriminating Sword of Reason that cuts them in two, prefering one over the other.

I've never really looked at it that way. Thanks

The Oyster did cross my mind too. But it seems like a very technical and obscure interpretation. However we might as well run with it.

The aspirants to A.'.A.'. are symbolically men because the formaula of attainment below the Abyss is positive or phallic. The Brothers of A.'.A.'., who have crossed the Abyss, are symbolically women because their formula of attainment has reveresed polarity and they are now meant to be vehicles for the Universal Will and Universal Love. In this sense the "chaste women" may be interepreted as those who have taken this step, but have pulled back and tried to close themselves off from the Universe.

It's always a mind bender for me. I like to beat my head against the wall on occasion. :laugh:

(On a different note I think Jim's comments on p.28, "The Pronoun Problem", are very much in tune with this verse. :))
I hadn't noticed this and will read it when I get back home to my books.

AW

Always Wondering

I hadn't realized he purposly used the feminine pronoun, I thought maybe I was reading heavily feminine subject material. Nice.

AW