Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996


    · Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

  Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Emma_Leviathan 
Citizen
 
Emma_Leviathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 Jul 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,372
Queen of wands as feelings?


How would you interpret Queen of wands as feelings towards another person?
Court cards are always hard when the reading is about someones feelings.
Thoughts?



__________________
Si vis pacem para bellum
Emma_Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
tarotbear 
One of the original 100 members
 
tarotbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 Aug 2001
Location: CT
Posts: 9,145
Wink


The Queen of Wands is the element of Fire - she has a fiery personality and can display flashes of temper without warning - sometimes in the same sentence. A lusty attitude - lives Life in the Present. Not demanding like the Queen of Swords.
tarotbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Emma_Leviathan 
Citizen
 
Emma_Leviathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 Jul 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarotbear View Post
The Queen of Wands is the element of Fire - she has a fiery personality and can display flashes of temper without warning - sometimes in the same sentence. A lusty attitude - lives Life in the Present. Not demanding like the Queen of Swords.
So basically feelings of being impulsive or feelings og being unpredictable?



__________________
Si vis pacem para bellum
Emma_Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Aradia25 
Citizen
 
Aradia25's Avatar
 
Join Date: 13 Oct 2010
Location: Intergalactic dreaming
Posts: 5,531

I would say passionate, fiery untempered feelings. Maybe not as passionate as the King... but getting there.
Aradia25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
JadoreHauteCouture 
Citizen
 
Join Date: 12 Apr 2012
Location: Prague
Posts: 1,388

I disagree with the above... (however, its just my humble opinion, just wanna add my 2 cents, no pun intended).... just because its Queen of WANDS, it doesnt necessarily mean she is all fiery and temperamental and seductive and i dunno what else... Then you could say that about Page and Knight as well, just because they belong to the wands suit... Above descriptions for me belong to King of Wands only.... Queen is more empathetic having pure primary feminine energy. She knows how to manage herself and she can even become submissive towards others she likes. Sometimes, she can cause harm even though she means well..

Queens are water elemet, Wands are fire... Water puts out fire... Therefore if we are talking about feelings of someone towards another person, i would say this person is willing to control its temper and even become submissive towards this person. Does this make any sense?



__________________
Enlighten yourself...
JadoreHauteCouture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Ivorwhen 
Resident
 
Join Date: 01 Oct 2012
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadoreHauteCouture View Post
.... just because its Queen of WANDS, it doesnt necessarily mean she is all fiery and temperamental and seductive and i dunno what else... Then you could say that about Page and Knight as well, just because they belong to the wands suit... Above descriptions for me belong to King of Wands only.... Queen is more empathetic having pure primary feminine energy. She knows how to manage herself and she can even become submissive towards others she likes. Sometimes, she can cause harm even though she means well..

Queens are water elemet, Wands are fire... Water puts out fire... Therefore if we are talking about feelings of someone towards another person, i would say this person is willing to control its temper and even become submissive towards this person. Does this make any sense?
I defnitely agree that the Queen of Wands is where fire acts as water, but that brings flowing lava or raining ash to mind, not necessarily someone submissive - more like someone who can be patient and eat away slowly to get their way...The fact that it is a queen and not a king shows a quiet authority which may move slowly, but she still gets her way.

Also, court card ranks most certainly show a hierarchy. If this person FEELS like a queen towards another person, they most probably think of the other person as a subject or child (if it were the page of wands, the person might feel more inexperienced or inferior toward the other person).
Ivorwhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Emma_Leviathan 
Citizen
 
Emma_Leviathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 Jul 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,372

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadoreHauteCouture View Post
I disagree with the above... (however, its just my humble opinion, just wanna add my 2 cents, no pun intended).... just because its Queen of WANDS, it doesnt necessarily mean she is all fiery and temperamental and seductive and i dunno what else... Then you could say that about Page and Knight as well, just because they belong to the wands suit... Above descriptions for me belong to King of Wands only.... Queen is more empathetic having pure primary feminine energy. She knows how to manage herself and she can even become submissive towards others she likes. Sometimes, she can cause harm even though she means well..

Queens are water elemet, Wands are fire... Water puts out fire... Therefore if we are talking about feelings of someone towards another person, i would say this person is willing to control its temper and even become submissive towards this person. Does this make any sense?
hmm I'm not really sure about what you're trying to say.
Are you trying to say that the person feels as if they feels that that should become submissive when they are around the perfect they like or in control of their feelings.?
Slightly confused



__________________
Si vis pacem para bellum
Emma_Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
JadoreHauteCouture 
Citizen
 
Join Date: 12 Apr 2012
Location: Prague
Posts: 1,388

become submissive...



__________________
Enlighten yourself...
JadoreHauteCouture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
SunChariot 
Citizen
 
SunChariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 29 Oct 2004
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 9,818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma_Leviathan View Post
How would you interpret Queen of wands as feelings towards another person?
Court cards are always hard when the reading is about someones feelings.
Thoughts?
For me, Wands are either about creating something (or the desire to) OR about passion. Qusens, for me are about working thigns out together, co-creating, cooperation, compromise at times, but solving things and working them out together.

Together, I would say that "A" feels that they want to work together with "B" to create something more between them or to help what they have to grow. OR that "A" feels that they want to share moer passion with "B" and quite possibly that they feel the desire to discuss this with them and work that out.

Babs



__________________
"Although science stops at the borders of logic, nature does not. It blossoms even where no theories have as yet penetrated."
C.G. Jung

"Love this world with the joy of a child, because anything else is only make believe"
(told to me in a meditation)
SunChariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
LRichard 
Le Mat
 
LRichard's Avatar
 
Join Date: 21 Dec 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 5,340

In the Rider-Waite, the Queen of Wands is very much Leo, assertive and passionate, but not as fiery as the King of Wands (also Leo, with Salamander Fire Elementals everywhere). The Air of the King fans the flames of Fire. The Queen's Fire is ameliorated by Water, so she can be kind and considerate also. As feelings for another person, she might feel a bit superior. She might experience a sexual attraction. Love also could enter the situation, and she generally will be honest and direct in communicating what she feels.
LRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Reply
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off



All times are GMT +10. The time now is 20:41.

 


Tarot Forum Categories
· Tarot Decks
· Using Tarot Cards
· Tarot Trading
· Talking Tarot
· Reading Exchange
· Your Readings
· Tarot Games & Fun
· Tarot Deck Creation
· Marseilles
· Rider-Waite-Smith
· Thoth Tarot
· Tarot Study Groups
· Lenormand
· Oracles
· Divination
· Spirituality
· Chat
· New Members
· Advertisements
· Forum Help


Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Steampunk Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Angel Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Dragon Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Fantasy Decks
· Tarot Books
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Upcoming Decks
· Solandia's Top Ten
· Top Ten Decks
· List All Decks

Who is behind the Aeclectic Tarot Forum?

My name is Kate Hill (also known as Solandia) and I'm a Tarot reader, deck collector, and lifelong student of the beauty and diversity of Tarot cards.

I created Aeclectic in 1996 to share my passion for Tarot with the world, and started the forum in 2000 so others could share theirs too. Contact me via email or here at the forum.

  Contribute to Aeclectic

· Add your deck
· Write a review
· Join the community

Get new deck updates via email
  Aeclectic Tarot Resources

Copyright © Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved.