Dark Carnival Tarot: any interest in a study group?

Tarot Orat

I have really gotten into the Dark Carnival Tarot (thread in "Tarot Decks" forum here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=182863). It's a modern, gritty, urban, deck that still incorporates deep Tarot symbolism in a really unique way. The kind of deck I wouldn't have thought I could connect with, but it's really gripped me and my readings and daily draws have been almost scary-accurate.

It isn't a deck for everyone - if you have a clown phobia, don't even look! - but I know that several others on ATF are also using and connecting with it, and I wondered if anyone would be interested in an ISG for it. There's so much going on - the ancient symbolism, the modern influence, the cities and the music that inspired the creator - I'd really like input from others about all these aspects and more!

If 3-5 people are interested in an ISG I'll PM the forum moderator about starting one. This is just to judge interest right now.

Sulis

What's an ISG?

Tarot Orat

Oh, gosh, wrong acronym. I meant IDS, Individual Deck Study. (I think I vaguely remember using "Individual Study Group" = "ISG" but that may have been someplace else several years ago!)

Sorry, I really was looking at the words "Individual Deck Study" and my brain just made me write ISG instead of IDS. Dang dyslexia!

Sulis

Hi Tarot Orat,

All study groups start life here in the Tarot Study Groups forum. They only get an individual forum when they've covered almost all of the cards and so are more or less complete studies. Many, many study groups start and fall by the wayside very quickly so they have to become established before they're moved to the Individual Deck Studies section.

Tarot Orat

Hi Tarot Orat,

All study groups start life here in the Tarot Study Groups forum. They only get an individual forum when they've covered almost all of the cards and so are more or less complete studies. Many, many study groups start and fall by the wayside very quickly so they have to become established before they're moved to the Individual Deck Studies section.

Okay, that's probably what I meant! I thought I had to ask a mod before starting threads in the Tarot Study Groups forum itself for a new deck? I may have read the rules wrong. I certainly didn't mean I thought there'd be an individual forum for it!

Just trying very hard to read and play by the rules this time around. Sorry for the confusion!

Sulis

No problem :).

It's fine to start a thread here in Tarot Study Groups but I ask that people let me know when they add a new thread to one of the study groups so that I can index it.

Tarot Orat

No problem :).

It's fine to start a thread here in Tarot Study Groups but I ask that people let me know when they add a new thread to one of the study groups so that I can index it.

Okay, thanks! And thanks for the post title change too :)

Tarot Orat

Sooooo....now that there's some Top Ten Deck List hubbub going on, anyone interested in this? I'm going to start some threads soon even if I wind up being the only one in them ;)

Elendil

Count me in...I am a real fan of the deck and think it deserves the win this year.

Tarot Orat

Two people is a group, right? :)

Do you want to do them in order, starting with the Fool, or just as the urge strikes us? I've been doing some very intensive work with the Hierophant/Ringmaster and it would probably be easy for me to start there. (Then again, distilling it all might actually take longer than starting with a different card from scratch :laugh: )