The Hobbit Tarot - The High Priestess

La Force

The High Priestess

LWB said:
Two pillars uphold a royal archway. A circle of light upon one, and ones for darkness adorning the other.

Underneath the archway a lunar crescent signals that for everything there is a season.

On the left page it reads " The lost key to the Book of Dain" and on the right page "Lord of the Misty Mountain."

Dain the First was the last King of the Dwarves in the Grey Mountains before the Dragon Smaug attacked.

Dain the second (Ironfoot) was proclaimed King of Durin's fold (the Dwarves) upon Thorin's death in the Battle of the Five Armies.

The lost key thrus refers to the power of destiny, and of history itself to bring all things back to full circle.

The history of events between the two Dains is more fully covered in The Simarillio, but suffice it to say, it tells us of the many wars against the Dragons, and other demonic creatures.

It was underneath the Misty Mountain that the Dwarven kingdom of Moria existed.

Divinatory meaning:

Be guided by your intuition, secrets, deep feelings kept hidden.

A stone archway, stands on the edge of a lake, the water is calm, mirror like, yet with no reflection in it. There is a rock peering out of the water. Between the pillar held up by the vines, is a large book with rune writing on the pages. These vines grip and grow up the pillars reaching for light. On the pillar with the white circle, is feminine / yin, and on the other pillar is a black circle, masculine / yang. Through this archway is a path that leads somewhere, your not able to see where it leads due to the book is blocking the way, like a veil or gate. In order to follow the path one must take down the book and it read first. Behind the book in the evening sky is a crescent moon and stars shinning brightly, there is glow coming from behind the book, giving off mystery of what lies behind the book and down the path. Above the Archway it is completely black like a void, the unknown.

I pick up from this like it telling you enter at your own risk, it also reminds me of solving a riddle, or even an Egyptian tomb curse. Warning, beware. This card can even be the Moon card, why for it has the path in it and the pond with a rock, and rock to me symbolizes the crab. Overall I really like this card.

Divinatory meanings:

Walking a mystical path
Information and knowledge coming from your subconscious
Applying ancient information for your spiritual growth
An ability to read ancient records that contain the collective history of the universe
Draw on your intuition to achieve what you want
Your personal path may still be blocked or hidden and be unclear

Myrrha

This card can even be the Moon card, why for it has the path in it and the pond with a rock, and rock to me symbolizes the crab. Overall I really like this card.
That is so interesting, the Moon rules the High Priestess card. I love it when decks make this kind of visual connection between them.

La Force

That is so interesting, the Moon rules the High Priestess card. I love it when decks make this kind of visual connection between them.

So Do I, This is a great High Priestess card for that reason, In the Moon (traditional) you can see where the path leads, but in the High Priestess (Traditional) the veil is completely blocking and view that is behind her. Yet she is the front door that leads to the moon and the moon is the backdoor leading to the High Priestess. So to see this card with the lake pond show a rock peeking out of the water, just like the crab in the Moon (traditional), to then have a path leading away from the lake / pond, you have just a glimpse, just enough to show you and yet to block your view (Book) of where the path leads. Lake / pond like the Moon subconscious mind, Path the super unconscious mind.

I really like this card