umbrae's relationship spread...

Adele

hi... I did a reading for my girlfriend using Umbrae's relationship spread... using the rider waite deck... and I need help interpreting this reading...

she feels: knight swords
she needs: Queen pentacles
her expected outcome: judgment

he feels: 8 swords
he needs: 7 swords
his expected outcome: page cups

core of the relationship: sun
needs of the relationship: ace cups
expectations: lovers

future of the relationship: 10 cups

it looks to me like the relationship is based on happiness (sun), romantic attraction (ace cups), a union of souls receiving a blessing from the angel (lovers), and a happy family card (10 cups) as the future of the relationship... but as for the swords.. don't know what to make of them.

thanks for all your insights.

witchywomyn

she feels: knight swords
she needs: Queen pentacles
her expected outcome: judgment

he feels: 8 swords
he needs: 7 swords
his expected outcome: page cups

core of the relationship: sun
needs of the relationship: ace cups
expectations: lovers

Hi Adele -
I feel that this relationship can progress, there is a feeling of a great hope of what can grow from it - but I get the feeling the relationship is new and things need to be taken a bit more slowly - and perhaps your girlfriend needs to re-define what a lover is -

I say this b/c it looks as if she feels her new love says things that may hurt her feelings - she's seems to be used to being a little overbearing, very nuturing and motherly - she may even be judging her new love on things that he does

It seems as if he is feeling suffocated in the relationship and he is being torn by things he wants to do and things your girlfriend wants him to do - he needs someone who isn't constantly nagging him and picking at little things - if this happens than he may be able to finally start really exploring his new feelings for her and help this relationship progress.

Adele

thanks...

hi witchywomyn... thank you so much for your insight... yes, what you say rings pretty much true.

Umbrae

I’m not going to provide a step by step interpretation for this this. But I’m going to provide a few guideposts for reading this spread.

Look at the over-all spread. Anything JUMP out at you? That’s where you start.

Look at Her side…Judgment. His side…no majors.

Compare her wants/needs/fears to his…in THIS reading the entire thing hinges on this…

We’re not even going to look a the center column until we know how the outer columns ‘mesh’.

Once we get to the center column, we know what we are looking for.

These two have some serious soul searching to do. In order for this to work…they have to both come clean. Both parties are hiding stuff from the other. Unless it comes out into the open, it’s doomed (Knight of Swords Sun 8 of Swords). This is not a healthy relationship.

Look at the Queen of Pentacles Ace of Cups 7 of Swords (Don’t read your computer screen…get the cards out and look). Sure the Ace of Cups has those positve lovey dovey meanings…but it also stands for emotional extremes, such as depression, elation, or bliss, and the negatives that come with such emotions, like over-indulgence in food, drink, drugs.

The last trio row of Judgment, the Lovers, and Page of Cups is fun…she wants the second chance he wants the new love, but they got some deciding to do. Come clean about their issues…or realize they’ve been sitting on a wasps nest to see how big it is…

Adele

thanks...

hi Umbrae... well I guess you know your own spread! this is very true... so do you see a possible future w/ them?

Umbrae

I see a wonderful future…but only if they both come clean. With each other. They are both bringing in stuff from their own pasts that will seriously quell their own future. There is also some aspect of ‘family issues’ that need to be dealt with.

But…(don’t you hate that word)…

He’s expecting miracles and will not admit to his baggage (“It’s not me”), and she tends to feel that she’s above all that and that strength and truth (as she sees it) will always win out…

Yeah there’s a chance…

Adele

amazing...

that is so funny... it SO describes them.

I just did a 3 card spread to ask if he will "see the light" b/c right now they are not talking.

and the cards were: 5cups, 4wands, page/wands

it seems like they are in mourning but that happy times are coming for them.

what do you think?

Umbrae

Sorry.

I don't see a willingness on his part. He's stuck.

Adele

stuck?

he's stuck w/ the 5 cups?