Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews - Tarot Forum - Free Tarot Readings - Tarot Card Meanings - Tarot Spreads

Christmas pub 3

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Citizen

EllieP 

Hi Jesii - you on vacation still? Hope you got it all done and in.

Hi and bye Flaxen - Why Brick Lane? The novel or something else?

Wu - yes, we need reminding about Pollyanna. She goes missing too often.

I just finished the mid coat on my pastel painting. Will leave top coat (ie details and tidying up) till later. Want to finish Fever before lunch. Then I can start the first Philippa Gregory (The White Queen - thanks, whoever pushed me that way), and I've bookmarked Jan 17th for Wu's recommendation.
Top   #1471
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

Home from my in-laws and am frozen. My FIL is a miser (really, a true miser) and won't put the heating on. Himself has made me a big mug of hot milk and handed me my insulin syringe lol
Top   #1472
Citizen

EllieP 

Ha - we heat the house and Est still thinks it's the morgue. She'd hate being at your FIL's then!
You know? I'm really complacent now about the prospect of insulin, seeing you manage so well. When it happens, I won't fight. Thanks!
Top   #1473
Citizen

Mellaenn 

Hi, ladies, good morning! We are a bit cool here, even - I just flipped on the heat. I lived one winter in Florida in an old house with no heat and it was actually pretty darn cold this time of year as it does get down to freezing at times.

Wu, I'll be a Pollyanna with you. (Those were favorite stories in my childhood.)

Plus I've noticed, as I've gotten older, that each challenge I face leaves a gift, if I only take the time to look for it. Maybe wisdom, maybe a new perspective or a new friend, but there is always something, I think. It's like the tide that comes up and when it recedes, leaves a gift of beautiful shells.

So...anyhow, I get to have a lazy day today. So why am I composing a mental things to do list?
Top   #1474
Citizen

Mellaenn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Then I can start the first Philippa Gregory (The White Queen - thanks, whoever pushed me that way), and I've bookmarked Jan 17th for Wu's recommendation.
Oh - I think that was me! I am anxious to get on to her other novels having only read The Lady of the Rivers; not sure where to go next but I think I might work it out chronologically.

What I found as a bonus is that her knowledge imparted through the fiction written from her perspective as a historian of the ways of medieval court enhanced my understanding of the tarot courts as symbols.
Top   #1475
Thursday's Child

Wendywu 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellaenn View Post
Plus I've noticed, as I've gotten older, that each challenge I face leaves a gift, if I only take the time to look for it.

This!

Phew, deccies down, boxed up and in the loft .

Sitting room in desperate need of a thorough vacuum cleaning .
Top   #1476
Citizen

Tarot Orat 

Good time-of-day! (Morning here.) Whew, I got about 4-5 hours of sleep total between 9 p.m. and 8 a.m., I was all excitified about jewelry making. I made a pendant out of pyrite ammonite shell I've had for years (I always thought I'd need to get a jeweler or crafter to make it into a pendant for me), plus fixed a necklace with a loose clasp that used to always fall off, and tried designing earrings to go with the amber bracelet. (No luck there but I tried!)

I think Mr. Abby would vastly prefer that I weren't awake now, last time I checked he had the covers pulled over his head. I thought 8 a.m. on a weekend WAS sleeping in!!! I mean we usually get up at 6:30. So that's an extra hour and a half. That's totally sleeping in!

Hm, I think I may not win that argument....
Top   #1477
Citizen

Tarot Orat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellaenn View Post
Plus I've noticed, as I've gotten older, that each challenge I face leaves a gift, if I only take the time to look for it. Maybe wisdom, maybe a new perspective or a new friend, but there is always something, I think. It's like the tide that comes up and when it recedes, leaves a gift of beautiful shells.
That was really gorgeously stated, Mell. I LOVE it....I think I have a new favorite saying!
Top   #1478
Citizen

EllieP 

Hi TO - I didn't get much sleep either last night, but not for excitifying reasons. Then I take a nap during the day, then I need less at night, thus we go on in a vicious circle!!

Hi Mell - I got the free sample of The White Queen and loved it, that's why I now have the whole book on Kindle. Wanted to read the whole series.

I will look out for the Page of Swords then
Top   #1479
Citizen

Tarot Orat 

Boy, I really do need to remember to multiquote, I'm always talking to myself.

baylys, congrats on starting to get rid of books!

Wu, hope you're warmed up by now, being cold AND indoors is just wrong

Mell, Ellie, I've totally got to read Philippa Gregory now, I've been seeing her books at the shop for ages but haven't taken the plunge. You guys's recommendation has sold me!

(And yes, "you guys's" is a perfectly acceptable possessive plural in South Philly. At least it's a step up from "yous's".)
Top   #1480

More interesting threads on the Aeclectic Tarot Forum...

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· What's New
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.