Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews - Tarot Forum - Free Tarot Readings - Tarot Card Meanings - Tarot Spreads

Christmas pub 3

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Citizen

celticnoodle 

thats funny.

My hubby wears expensive shoes. but, he has expensive tastes and wears expensive A LOT of things. and he wears things out fast too.

I am very easy on clothes and shoes, and am cheap. (or so I thought). which is one reason Bob told me to buy the latest pair of shoes.
Top   #2421
Citizen

Mellaenn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmsma View Post
Wow! You pay $110 for footwear!

I kind expect to be crippled at the end of the day. I quibble over spending $20.
Yep.
Well, I wear $100 shoes but A) these shoes last three times as long as the others I used to buy, and B) I usually find them on sale and C) in the long run I save money I don't have to spend at the podiatrist!
Top   #2422
Citizen

celticnoodle 

that is what I'm banking on. If I can get 2yrs out of these alone--I'm doing well, I think. Since I last bought a pair of sneakers, they've gone up so much! JCP wanted $75.00 for a pair--ON SALE! and they hurt my feet!
Top   #2423
Citizen

Mellaenn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticnoodle View Post
thats funny.

My hubby wears expensive shoes. but, he has expensive tastes and wears expensive A LOT of things. and he wears things out fast too.

I am very easy on clothes and shoes, and am cheap. (or so I thought). which is one reason Bob told me to buy the latest pair of shoes.
Well, my hubby seems to be going through some type of mid-life crisis, because he is actually spending money on clothes which he NEVER did before. His wardrobe consisted of jeans, shorts, work pants and T-shirts with pictures of fish on them. And the year's current pair of boat shoes, no matter how raggedy.

But last year he lost 40 pounds and seems to actually care about what he wears. Interesting!
Top   #2424
Citizen

yirabeth 

Hmm, would even shoes like this work? http://www.clarksusa.com/eng/product/charmed_bow/61095

There was another pair I liked more but they were out of my size.

Not sure why it would matter. Jasmine goes to the vet Friday, and when I save up enough more, then Libby's going. So no new shoes for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmsma View Post
Wow! You pay $110 for footwear!

I kind expect to be crippled at the end of the day. I quibble over spending $20.
This is so ME. Actually...my 'regular' shoes I bought about 5 yrs ago and paid $40 for them -- hikers I took to the UK with me, ex-bf said be sure to bring good walking shoes. And they just keep lasting and lasting..I like em They're EasySpirit shoes. (And yeah I have to add Dr Scholls to them too)

But mostly I buy whatever is cheapest...
Top   #2425
Citizen

celticnoodle 

wow! good for him!

my hubby use to dress better then he does now. He went through a stage before we met of buying VERY expensive suits. now, he is normal and buys them from JCP or Macy's.
Top   #2426
Citizen

baylys 

Yira, I'm in steel-cap boots so don't ask me about shoes, I just know that one pair hurts and the other doesn't.

I think you need to look at starting to save for a really good pair. Go to a proper shoe shop for the first pair and get fitted properly etc. After that, once you know the brand, size and style, then you can get them elsewhere for cheaper. But definitely get them professionally fitted the first time.
Top   #2427
Citizen

celticnoodle 

I do like easy spirit shoes too. I have a pair of dress black shoes that are easy spirit. they are a dream to walk in! but, I keep them only for my dress pants.
Top   #2428
Citizen

celticnoodle 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylys View Post
Yira, I'm in steel-cap boots so don't ask me about shoes, I just know that one pair hurts and the other doesn't.

I think you need to look at starting to save for a really good pair. Go to a proper shoe shop for the first pair and get fitted properly etc. After that, once you know the brand, size and style, then you can get them elsewhere for cheaper. But definitely get them professionally fitted the first time.
yes. that was what was nice about my 'expensive sneakers'. That man really knew his stuff! My husband thinks perhaps it'll also help my back. It may. I just never really thought about it before, but even the shoe guy said it should help my back too. I do feel better since buying them (before Christmas).
Top   #2429
Citizen

yirabeth 

Maybe I should go back to that store I got mine at...I was in a crunch and had to go outside my normal shopping routine -- ex-bf let me know "trainers" (regular athletic shoes, which is all I really had at the time -- hey I worked in a factory! LOL) were taboo, don't EVEN think of showing up with those....LOL
Top   #2430

More interesting threads on the Aeclectic Tarot Forum...

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· What's New
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.