Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews - Tarot Forum - Free Tarot Readings - Tarot Card Meanings - Tarot Spreads

Christmas pub 3

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Games & Fun

Citizen

jcwirish 

Sorry, mom called and I got pulled away for a bit. I missed a lot of chatting I see.
Top   #2441
Citizen

Mellaenn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwirish View Post
Sorry, mom called and I got pulled away for a bit. I missed a lot of chatting I see.
In the words of the immortal Ed Sullivan, you missed a really good shoe!!!
Top   #2442
Citizen

TomTom 

Because of my screwed up back I have to buy expensive runners/sneakers/hikers. they cost usually $ 160 plus depending on the width of the outer sole which has to flare out.
I have them for a long time and replace the insoles often. I have weak ankles as well.

I tried some cheap ones and they end up being my garden shoes.

When I came home after the walk w Brigid, I was reading your posts and fell asleep. So, off to bed for over an hour. Now I'm feeling better

I have a chicken sandwich waiting for me w spinach, cucumbers, onions, tomatoes and pickles on a focaccia? bread w cheese, hot mustard, bacon, and horseradish.

Later I will try to make a fruity ice cream w bananas, diff. berries, dark chocolate, and what else I can find, nuts maybe.

Cats are fed, Brigid comes next and then comes I.

SYL
Top   #2443
Citizen

celticnoodle 

you know, you may also want to check out LLBean. I have a pair of boots from them that were slightly expensive, but they were guaranteed to last. They have. I've owned them for 22 years now! Bought them in 1992. still wearing them. The hubby bought a pair then too and is still wearing them--and he is HARD on shoes and clothes!

Nothing from them seem to wear out!
Top   #2444
Citizen

emmsma 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellaenn View Post

Well for you, if you decided to get good shoes, you might have to do the online shopping after all. With Zappos the shoes are there the next day and you can return them for free if they don't fit or you don't like them. They are expensive - but cheaper than a trip to Phoenix!
I so don't trust online shopping for footwear. I have wide feet and even store to store and even shoe to shoe I find I need different sizes. 7, 7 1/2, 7W, 7 1/2W.

Just to variable to risk it.
Top   #2445
Citizen

yirabeth 

Quote:
Maybe an office job sitting at a desk?
Unlikely to happen in my little "town"... hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by baylys View Post
The shoe on the lefts are the 'sore' steelcaps. The ones on the right are my 'happy feet' boots.

Attachment 61294
Those are pretty nice for steel-toeds! Mine are attached..LOL Actually I have a second pair just like them, in the back of my closet. (only not as beat up) The job bought them or I could buy more stylish with my own money. I settled for these To be fair, I only really had sore feet when I would have time off. Then they'd need to readjust to working again. (like, when I was out 5 days with pneumonia) I did use Dr Scholls in them too.

In any case, definitely NOT appropriate bank attire
Attached Images

Top   #2446
Citizen

TomTom 

shoot, what I wanted to write about are shoes yira might look into.
What I think off are the shoes the nurses wear and they are comfy, look good in black and that yira could wear for work?

You might want to look up some on the internet, yira.
Top   #2447
Citizen

celticnoodle 

Quote:
Quote:

that was a good one, Mell!

how is mom, Jo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom View Post
Because of my screwed up back I have to buy expensive runners/sneakers/hikers. they cost usually $ 160 plus depending on the width of the outer sole which has to flare out.
I have them for a long time and replace the insoles often. I have weak ankles as well.
yeah, me too. I have a bad back and weak ankles. I broke my one ankle years ago in 3 places. it always swells up on me when I walk. though, come to think of it, didn't since the new sneakers..........hmmmm...

I also have bad legs. I broke my hips many times--part of my issue and one leg is shorter then the other--so I wore corrective shoes most of my life. Till Imoved out of my parents home when I was 18. They didn't buy me shoes anymore and I couldn't afford them.
Top   #2448
Citizen

jcwirish 

Quote:
Mell... you're weird, but we like weird around here.

There are many good brands of comfortable shoes out there, but most are so very expensive. I'd do some searching online and then look for some after Christmas clearance sales. Zappos has everything, but I don't know how great there sales are.
Top   #2449
Citizen

yirabeth 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom View Post
shoot, what I wanted to write about are shoes yira might look into.
What I think off are the shoes the nurses wear and they are comfy, look good in black and that yira could wear for work?

You might want to look up some on the internet, yira.
Hey TomTom, welcome back

Good advice, I'll look into that. Right now any spare (ahaha) money is earmarked for pet care though...
Quote:
Mell... you're weird, but we like weird around here.

There are many good brands of comfortable shoes out there, but most are so very expensive. I'd do some searching online and then look for some after Christmas clearance sales. Zappos has everything, but I don't know how great there sales are.
I just don't know WHAT a good shoe is...never having bought more than Kmart/Walmart stuff. (except my hikers. And they're not bank attire. LOL)
Top   #2450

More interesting threads on the Aeclectic Tarot Forum...

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· What's New
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.