Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

tarottarot 
Resident

Smile duplicate cards in deck

Hi tarot friends!

I bought a mini waite rider deck to fit in my purse. It arrived with extra, duplicate cards in the cups suit: the eight of cups, nine of cups, ten of cups, page of cups and knight of cups.

I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Does this have any meaning in terms of tarot interpretation?

Thanks!

Ellen
tarottarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
canid 
Not sure yet...

I sure wouldn't put any esoteric woo woo meaning on it. The bindery people at the print shop just added extra cards. Keep them though! You never know if you lose one or something, or someone else may need it. It does happen though; sometimes extra cards, sometimes missing cards. Missing is much worse.

Old 08-01-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
tarottarot 
Resident

that seems like sensible advice, thanks!
tarottarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
ladybird 
Idealist

May I suggest you read the "Lost and Found Cards Singles Bar" thread. Not all of it obviously but maybe do a search in the thread to see if anyone needs an extra card from that deck?

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=51861

I've had members here help me replace damaged or lost cards and it was so wonderful!

Old 08-01-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
SunChariot 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarottarot View Post
Hi tarot friends!

I bought a mini waite rider deck to fit in my purse. It arrived with extra, duplicate cards in the cups suit: the eight of cups, nine of cups, ten of cups, page of cups and knight of cups.

I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Does this have any meaning in terms of tarot interpretation?

Thanks!

Ellen
It's happened to me 3-4 times where I had one extra card, but at the same time I was missing another Eg 2 8 of Cups, but no Ace of Wands kind of thing, After a few times of that happening, the first thing I do now when i get a new deck is to look through it and make sure it does not have a missing card.

What meaning it has as far as interpretation that it has, it has the meaning that you give to it. It is your deck, your tool to use as you see fit. Whatever YOU decide it means it what it means.

When I personally get extra cards in a deck I do take it as a message. Whatever those cards are and what they usually mean to me that is the message. Its talking about the presense and importance of that energy in your life. And it is important as for a deck to show up with additional cards is a big message.

If there are missing cards, for me it is usually talking about the absense of the energy that that missing card would normailly have for me. But then the thing is when a card is missing I need to try to find the missing card, as I do not want to use an incomplete deck, Uusally the deck publisher or amazon are good at replacing it though, in my experieince.

Babs

"Love this world with the joy of a child, because anything else is only make believe"
(told to me in a meditation)
SunChariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Grizabella 
Tarot Reader/Fortune Teller

Hey, my name is Ellen, too.

I'm not surprised you have duplicate cards. Look at your ID name. lol

Just being silly. Welcome to AT!

Grizabella's Grand Old RV and Tea House

To book a reading visit my page at:

Granny Grizabella's Grand Old RV and Tea House
Grizabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
AJ 
Citizen

Did you order the cards? quite often if there are extras, there are an equal number of missing cards.

Nothing supernatural about it, it is just a good policy for every deck that comes into your hands.
AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
WhiteWolfy 
Keeper of the Light

Well i purchased the Wizards Tarot back in July 2011 and did not check the cards, just counted them and got them out a couple of days ago and found that i had 11 extra Major Arcana cards and 11 missing Minor Arcana

These things happen and luckily LLewellyn were very helpful and are sending me the missing 11 minors. Phew

Old 11-01-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

I wish I had checked sooner when I bought full size and mini Songs for the Journey Home; I counted, but didn't order carefully, and when I USE it, use the big one. It wasn't till recently that I realised I had two of one and one missing.... Adjacent cards, so I just riffled through quickly... (I have two three of flames, and not a 2, in the mini deck, if anyone...)

I is very deaf. Please post loudly.

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today