One Deck Wonder Resurrected

Eyebright

Welcome back, Alamaris! And welcome, revivifyingraine :)

I love reading everyone's posts in this thread. It's great that so many of us are really getting in touch with our Tarot roots and learning so much not only about the decks, but ourselves and our lives! The Daily Draws thread is also insightful, I check it a few times a day. So far I've managed to write up a daily draw every day, even though I don't always post them right away. Finding that "me-space" and "me-time" to shuffle, draw the card, contemplate it, and write about it is really refreshing even (especially?) on the busiest day!

Maybe at the end of the month I'll take a look back on the "statistics" - how many Majors, how many of each suit, how many courts, how many of each pip number - just to see if there's some overall message or underlying theme. (Also because I'm a nerd and like to make spreadsheets! :D )

I think that's a really good idea to work out your tarot statistics, I think I will utilise that for myself as well!

Welcome back Alamaris, and welcome to revivifyingraine. I love the Mary-el and would like to work more closely with that deck one day in the future. For now I am content with the Lo Scarabeo, I keep getting repeat offender cards, which I always take as a good sign when working with a deck. It's speaking it's message loud and clear :)

Carla I enjoyed working a lot with the Thoth before Christmas, it's such a deep deck, I feel like I barely scratched it's surface! I hope to return to it one day as well!

Tarot Orat

I keep getting repeat offender cards, which I always take as a good sign when working with a deck. It's speaking it's message loud and clear :)

That's been happening to a lot of us! Not sure why but it does seem to be a feature of the ODW. (It was really interesting was when 3 of us drew the same card on the same day, too.)

DaisyDragonfly

I've been using the Wild Unknown for daily draws regularly since I got it, and found the deck to be very good for those. Great daily cards, always apt, often inspirational.

Since I had more time this week, I used the Wild Unknown for a longer reading. I wanted to dig deeper, really get to the bottom of some of the issues I'm currently working through. This time round, you see, I want to work through the issues completely and move on. It's no longer enough to just acknowledge them. I need to boot them out!

It was a good little reading, it was all on point, it was compassionate and positive..but I left the reading feeling unsatisfied. It touched the surface but not much else. I got advice, but not as much as I needed. Or I didn't read the cards deeply enough, which is also a probability. I think this deck isn't a kick-up-the-backside deck; it's gentler than that.

Which is good when I need a gentle deck. But there are times when I need a kick-up-the-backside.

I haven't used the deck for a few days since. Today I wanted to wrestle with my own creative processes, and I didn't trust the Wild Unknown for it, so I reached for the Rosetta and got the reading I needed. This is the kick-up-the-backside deck!

So I'm currently deciding whether to switch my ODW focus from the Wild Unknown to the Rosetta, or whether to maintain the ODW but add an addendum to my rules where I use the Rosetta when I need to dig a bit deeper. Or maybe use the two side-by-side, to help me touch the darker side of the Wild Unknown...

(I quite like the idea of using them in tandem. Not sure how - or even if - that would work!)

Disa

I keep getting repeat offender cards, which I always take as a good sign when working with a deck. It's speaking it's message loud and clear :)

That's been happening to a lot of us! Not sure why but it does seem to be a feature of the ODW. (It was really interesting was when 3 of us drew the same card on the same day, too.)

It IS happening alot and it's driving me INSANE :p

Tarot Orat

.... I think this deck isn't a kick-up-the-backside deck; it's gentler than that.

Which is good when I need a gentle deck. But there are times when I need a kick-up-the-backside.

I haven't used the deck for a few days since. Today I wanted to wrestle with my own creative processes, and I didn't trust the Wild Unknown for it, so I reached for the Rosetta and got the reading I needed. This is the kick-up-the-backside deck!

So I'm currently deciding whether to switch my ODW focus from the Wild Unknown to the Rosetta, or whether to maintain the ODW but add an addendum to my rules where I use the Rosetta when I need to dig a bit deeper. Or maybe use the two side-by-side, to help me touch the darker side of the Wild Unknown...

(I quite like the idea of using them in tandem. Not sure how - or even if - that would work!)

I'm doing the two-deck option here, which officially involves using one illustrated and one unillustrated pip deck. The rules have been very flexible for everyone though, if you wanted to do a "two-deck wonder" with both of them having illustrated pips, I don't think anyone would object!

For my part, the Dark Carnival is a definite kick-in-the-backside deck, while the Minchiate is gentler, and I really like having them play off each other. I'm doing my daily draws with each deck on alternate days, not both of them every day, and that's working well for me.

I know that some people doing the ODW have said that having only a single very intense deck can be a bit difficult because every day doesn't have really intense things happening and they may find it harder to interpret a powerful kick-in-the-backside card on a daily basis. (This is my impression of what's been said, at least; I'm not trying to put words in anyone's mouth!)

Madame Squee

Illuminated Tarot & Grimaud TdM

Oooo... A One Deck Wonder thread! :party:

I'm ready to go with an Illuminated Tarot deck and a Grimaud TdM.

My commitment is for one year. :love:

And now, the work begins... :D

Eyebright

Oooo... A One Deck Wonder thread! :party:

I'm ready to go with an Illuminated Tarot deck and a Grimaud TdM.

My commitment is for one year. :love:

And now, the work begins... :D

Welcome Madame Squee, nice to have another person on board to share their experiences :D

Tarot Orat

Welcome, Madame Squee! Enjoy the journey :)

Madame Squee

Thank you, Eyebright & Tarot Orat! :)

I'm very excited to begin this project with you all! :love:

I've done IDS several times and never got far (a few days!). This time, I have a different feeling, like this is going to be fun, and I'm going to succeed. This time, I'm going whole hog...

1. I'm putting away all of my cards.
2. I'm putting all my energy into figuring out how to read my cards (not looking for or buying new cards).

Even though non-tarot decks might be considered irrelevant to a tarot challenge/exercise like this, I want to mention that I will also keep out and continue to use my newest deck of playing cards, a birthday gift from my youngest son. Sometimes, I think that playing cards might turn out to be my favorite divinatory tool. This might be the year I discover whether or not that is the case!

This morning, I'm experimenting with reading both tarot decks to feel which is speaking to me most clearly and perhaps understand why.

Squee:*

Tarot Orat

Great, Madame Squee! The rules here are flexible and basically we just create our own, like you did....it's not one size fits all. Just be comfortable and hang on for the ride!

I tried an IDS a few years ago, it was wayyyyy too regimented and I didn't enjoy it.....this feels like fun but it's also really deepening my understanding of the decks, the individual cards, and my own life! It's very rewarding and it doesn't feel like work, even if it does involve some effort.