One Deck Wonder Resurrected

missy

Personally, I think we should have another subforum for specifically that type of reading--a non-draw, non-daily reading for oneself for which we are not asking for interpretory feedback (although that would be allowed--just not compulsory, as it would not be a sub-forum directed towards learning the way that the larger Your Readings forum is).

A q for the mods and the folks running this wonderful study group.

It has to do with the type of draws I have been doing: mostly reflective draws in which I am studying the card and the card's meanings. But I am not interpreting the card. I am asking no questions, and I have no feedback to give on any issues.

These are draws in which I am learning about the deck. I may make notes about the image. I could post these in the deck's particular Study Group, but that seems a bit formal. Just wondering if there were another option for informal study of these decks. If not, I will either keep my own notes, or post to the deck's Study Group, if it has one. Thanks! :)

(I will, at various times, do draws with questions. Those I can put in the appropriate thread or make my own notes. But the above draws are different. Thanks!)

Miss Divine

You guys are all so sweet here! :) Today I am definitely taking the advantage to rest up. I cleaned my house in slow motion yesterday, but atleast it got done. I can't relax otherwise! I drew the 10 of knives (swords) twice today... ~Oh yay~

Miss Divine

Welcome back Missy!

missy

Welcome back Missy!

(((((Miss Divine))))) Welcome back, yourself! I realized I missed a few things while I was away, including that you were out with the flu. Hope you are feeling better now!

Madame Squee

<snip>As for me I did reach the one month mark last Monday, so I'm at one month and almost a week. I had planned to go at least until the Spring equinox, but that is now so close I may stretch until Beltane. I will play it by ear, but I feel no need to stop using this deck at this point. I'm beginning to think a full year is doable, and should really be a great learning experience to go through the entire wheel of the year with one deck. I'll have to think about it. I'm sure I would need some stipulation about reading for others- the time will come when I will want to use a diff deck for someone else's reading. We'll see. BUT- so far so good, and I go along merrily- not trudging a path, not dreading the work, just loving every minute of it!
Hooray for exceeding the one-month mark, Disa! :party:

Hey, I'm not using only one deck for the next year. I adopted the original ODW template and chose one scenic pip deck (Illuminated Tarot) and one Marseille-style deck (Grimaud).

I haven't been reading with the Grimaud deck yet, but I'm participating in the TdM Exchange this month, so I will be soon. :D

Eyebright

I am slipping back in with the same deck I was using previously and the same rules.

I will probably not be able to work with it every day due to a personal matter, but I will work with it whenever I can.

I have continued to work with it while I was away.

I want to thank Eyebright and Tarot Orat for their kind thoughts. :) :heart:

For now, I have finished rereading "The Hobbit," which for me is a necessity in working with this deck. Next comes going through the LWB card by card and reading about each of the scenes to familiarize myself with which scene from the book is being portrayed.

Welcome back Missy! The joy of this ODW is that you can set your own rules and pace. It's just nice to have you back. I don't always read everyday with my deck, though I try my best to at least handle it :)

Miss Divine

(((((Miss Divine))))) Welcome back, yourself! I realized I missed a few things while I was away, including that you were out with the flu. Hope you are feeling better now!

Awww thank you (((Missy)))!! I tend to miss things too that get posted.

Carla

I have been using Thoth exclusively since 14th January. (I had to scroll around on my blog to figure it out.) I've come to be very fond of this deck. I got out my Haindl Tarot last night to have a look at it, as it's a Thoth-based deck. In comparison to the Thoth, I found it muddy and muddled. I may never be able to use it again! (Not that I used it much anyway).

It's going to be interesting to see how I react to other decks when I come off this One Deck Wonder. Will Thoth have become my primary deck? It is very, very possible.

Tarot Orat

I've gone on deck-monogamy binges before, using only one deck for a long time, but I never felt like I connected to anything the way I am with the ODW decks! I used a different deck for an exchange last month (I'd already signed up to use that one) and it was like pulling teeth...I don't think this means I'll never read with another deck again, or that I'll cease to be able to read with other decks. Just that my standards and criteria will be higher, and I'll have a better sense of what works for me and what not to bother with!