One Deck Wonder Resurrected

Disa

My affair isn't ending on Wednesday either :)

Tarot Orat

My affair isn't ending on Wednesday either :)

Awesome :) It's great that we're all still getting so much out of our decks.

And I'd miss you in Daily Draws!!

Disa

Awesome :) It's great that we're all still getting so much out of our decks.

And I'd miss you in Daily Draws!!

Awe, thanks!

I think they have become a part of my life now!

However, I'm frustrated that I get so many repeats- I "assumed" in the beginning I would be getting a different card almost every day and that it would just take 78 days or so to get through the whole deck! HAHAHA- jokes on me. So I learned something, huh? Also, I don't think it's been enough time for me to really SEE the connections I'm trying to see by doing this. It hasn't helped that I've been sick with different colds, sinus stuff, maybe bronchitis almost this entire month, so I'm not putting as much into it as I would like. Sooo onward and upward we go...until I learn what I feel like I need to learn :)

Tarot Orat

Awe, thanks!

I think they have become a part of my life now!

However, I'm frustrated that I get so many repeats- I "assumed" in the beginning I would be getting a different card almost every day and that it would just take 78 days or so to get through the whole deck! HAHAHA- jokes on me. So I learned something, huh? Also, I don't think it's been enough time for me to really SEE the connections I'm trying to see by doing this. It hasn't helped that I've been sick with different colds, sinus stuff, maybe bronchitis almost this entire month, so I'm not putting as much into it as I would like. Sooo onward and upward we go...until I learn what I feel like I need to learn :)

Mega-healing vibes for your various ailments...I hope you're fully recovered from everything soon ((((Disa)))). I was flat on my back for most of January, winter ailments are so miserable! And they get in the way of things that are much more interesting...

I hadn't really thought about how many cards I was going to be dealing with, but with two decks, one of which has 97 cards, I think finishing in June was very optimistic, plus I'm not sure that even by then I'll want to let go of "my decks"! I just keep discovering more about the cards and myself....it's a wonderful ride and I'm glad for the great company. :heart:

Disa

Mega-healing vibes for your various ailments...I hope you're fully recovered from everything soon ((((Disa)))). I was flat on my back for most of January, winter ailments are so miserable! And they get in the way of things that are much more interesting...

I hadn't really thought about how many cards I was going to be dealing with, but with two decks, one of which has 97 cards, I think finishing in June was very optimistic, plus I'm not sure that even by then I'll want to let go of "my decks"! I just keep discovering more about the cards and myself....it's a wonderful ride and I'm glad for the great company. :heart:

TY AGAIN! I need all the healing vibes I can get. It's terrible because the weather is SOO great and I want to go work in the yard, but I can hardly breathe and I REALLY have to rest so I can be at work all next week.

Eyebright

Get well soon Disa! :heart:

I also think I will continue past my end date of Ostara. I feel I have barely scratched the surface of the deck yet! Though I think I want to add another deck into the mix. The problem is I don't read with pip decks, and I don't feel I'm ready to tackle that style of reading yet.
What I really want to do is start a study of the Thoth. I'm finding that my deck has a lot of elements from this deck in it, but not knowing anything about the Thoth I have to study that card then come back to my own to apply what I have learnt! Of course it has elements of RWS in it, but I'm much more familiar with these symbols and meaning. There really isn't much Marseilles in the deck, even though they claim it is a mix of all three, though I find this doesn't bother me.

So I think I may continue reading with my lovely Lo Scarabeo but study the Thoth on the side. I also really want to start posting my thoughts to the Study Forum for my deck which is a bit neglected and sparse! I've decided to shuffle randomly and pick a card to go from there, otherwise I will just dither about for the next few months working out how and where to get started :p The card I've got is the Ace of Pentacles! So I'd best get started!

Tarot Orat

So I think I may continue reading with my lovely Lo Scarabeo but study the Thoth on the side. I also really want to start posting my thoughts to the Study Forum for my deck which is a bit neglected and sparse! I've decided to shuffle randomly and pick a card to go from there, otherwise I will just dither about for the next few months working out how and where to get started :p The card I've got is the Ace of Pentacles! So I'd best get started!

The Thoth is quite something to tackle, but you can do it! And I really enjoy using two decks, it's interesting to see them start talking to each other.

I think the study groups are a great opportunity to contribute to overall knowledge of the deck and learn from others' insights. And maybe your posting will encourage more people to join you! My deck's study group just started, and there are two of us so far :laugh: but it's already very beneficial. We're starting with the Fool but after that we'll start threads by drawing cards at random...tackling all the Major Arcana in order is just asking for burnout :bugeyed:

Miss Divine

That would bother me too! I keep my decks with a sachet of lavender so they always smell good.

Congratulations for quitting smoking! It's one of the hardest addictions to overcome. Good for you :)

I have a drawer full of incense, and put the deck in there and they returned smelling delicious again.

And yes, quitting smoking was very difficult for me. After several attempts, I finally succeeded going cold turkey. It's now a long gone memory though. :)

Miss Divine

TY AGAIN! I need all the healing vibes I can get. It's terrible because the weather is SOO great and I want to go work in the yard, but I can hardly breathe and I REALLY have to rest so I can be at work all next week.

Healing vibes sent your way Disa! I am over the flu thank god, but Ive been getting alot of the dreaded migraines again lately. I think that's even worse than having the flu! :(

Disa

Get well soon Disa! :heart:

I also think I will continue past my end date of Ostara. I feel I have barely scratched the surface of the deck yet! Though I think I want to add another deck into the mix. The problem is I don't read with pip decks, and I don't feel I'm ready to tackle that style of reading yet.
What I really want to do is start a study of the Thoth. I'm finding that my deck has a lot of elements from this deck in it, but not knowing anything about the Thoth I have to study that card then come back to my own to apply what I have learnt! Of course it has elements of RWS in it, but I'm much more familiar with these symbols and meaning. There really isn't much Marseilles in the deck, even though they claim it is a mix of all three, though I find this doesn't bother me.

TY! I'm glad you are also continuing with your studies. It's great we can just make changes as we see fit to keep us interested and learning.

The Thoth is quite something to tackle, but you can do it! And I really enjoy using two decks, it's interesting to see them start talking to each other.

I think the study groups are a great opportunity to contribute to overall knowledge of the deck and learn from others' insights. And maybe your posting will encourage more people to join you! My deck's study group just started, and there are two of us so far :laugh: but it's already very beneficial. We're starting with the Fool but after that we'll start threads by drawing cards at random...tackling all the Major Arcana in order is just asking for burnout :bugeyed:

Agree with the part about tackling all the Majors in order is asking for burnout. I think that's why my daily draws were so helpful for me. I was doing the dailies- then checking out the study groups and writing about the daily cards there that I hadn't written about before. IT feels like a lot less pressure and kept me going because on the days there was already something in the study group- I was "off the hook" so to speak.

Healing vibes sent your way Disa! I am over the flu thank god, but Ive been getting alot of the dreaded migraines again lately. I think that's even worse than having the flu! :(

TY! Migraines are awful, too- I'm prone to them, as well. Take care of yourself.