One Deck Wonder Resurrected

hopena

Me, too. I'm also really enjoying doing the daily draws. I've never been one to stick to daily draws because I just couldn't get a rythm going, I didn't know what the purpose was all those years ago. I think I'm starting to get it now, at least something that makes sense to me. I think the time is right.

I hope you really get a chance to finish your Sacred Days of Yule, spread. It's such a rewarding process. If you immerse yourself in it you will really look forward to it rather than have it seem like a burden. I look forward to doing it each year.

The DruidCraft was also my "first love", The first deck where I actually felt like, "Hey, I can read these cards!The cards are finally speaking to me!" Oh, maybe we should write a few things in the Druidcraft study group? I'll have to see if I have any time for that, maybe on the weekends.

The Faeries is the same for me. I haven't studied it at all, only read it intuitively, but it's the only Oracle deck I actually feel good about reading.

Focus- yes, me too. I think my 2 previous IDS participations really helped my focus. I was terrified when I started the first one but it was a wonderful experience. I think it's part of why I feel pretty good about this study, too.

Good luck to you :)

Thank you. :)

I've just posted something to the study group, but I don't know if I'll get more posted tonight. :)

I still haven't finished my reading; hopefully I'll get to it later in the week.

velvetina

I can't do this! I don't even know if I tried, because after reading other posts here, I dug out my own Vampyres tarot to re-apraise, & liked it more than I remembered, so read a bit of 'Phantasmagoria' & enjoyed it thoroughly :(

so then wondered if I should change my mind, but the BG was still as enticing...so, there, do I win the award for Being Most Rubbish at One Deck Wonder?

Miss Divine

Yes, I enjoyed our time with Vampyres very much, well it is kind of dark (which I love) and erotic, I did came across some people that find it offensive. Those who are scared of it probably are just generally frightened by Tarot - still quite frequent I think.

For me the deck was quite strait forward with the message but then thought provoking about deeper understanding of the causes or other issues around the matter in hand. Wow, I'm starting to miss it now when I talk about it ;-)

Yes the Vampyres is chipping quite easily, I even was musing what to do with it, laminate it or something, or find some coating to cover it with but then I just bought another copy and stopped worrying about it.

I was thinking about trimming Golden, I'm not so bothered about the glittered edges but then my copy is not so symetrical, the right border is much thinner then the left one, which might look rubish on the backs. It would be great to loose that copyright number though. Did you post the pictures of your trimmed Golden somewhere on ATF? I would like to have a look.

Thanks for a warm welcome, I can't wait to find out how ODW it will be going for you.

I am very gentle with my decks and with black borders, the chipping is just going to be a fact I find.
Some dark decks are like sinister dark, and I don't like that. That is why I like this deck so much... Dark without the dark, whatever that means :laugh:

Now the Golden, believe me it doesn't matter if your borders were symetrical or not when you trim these. The pattern on the back is nice for trimming and you won't notice any weirdness. My Universal White did have that though after I trimmed it. It has the blue stars with a white border on the backs... Well, on some cards you saw a bit if white border which was irritating to me. (I sound like a hard to please pain :D but I can't help it, these things just tend to bother me). No, my trimmed Golden copy is not on ATF, I never took pictures of it to be honest. ;)

I hope you enjoy your time with the Golden... :)

Miss Divine

I can't do this! I don't even know if I tried, because after reading other posts here, I dug out my own Vampyres tarot to re-apraise, & liked it more than I remembered, so read a bit of 'Phantasmagoria' & enjoyed it thoroughly :(

so then wondered if I should change my mind, but the BG was still as enticing...so, there, do I win the award for Being Most Rubbish at One Deck Wonder?

It's not too late to change your mind.. We've only just started. If you are already feeling this way, how much enjoyment are you gonna get from this ODW experience?

Maybe you should chuck the BG aside and join in with the Vampyres instead. :laugh:
Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Tarot Orat

At first the pairing of the Dark Carnival (modern, energetic) and the Williams Minchiate (classic, serene) seemed a little like the decks might be at odds with each other, but doing daily draws on alternate days seems to keep them from butting heads and demonstrates how insightful each of them is! It's nice to switch back and forth and not be constantly engaged in one deck EVERY day but still remain true to the theme of the ODW by using only two decks...I really like how it's working out so far.

velvetina

*disguised by a black veil, Velvetina re-enters the ODW thread*

Right, after much consideration during this chilly wet Sunday, I have decided to try again, this time with the Mary-El.

It is the New Moon, Chinese New Year, an auspicious time to begin a new venture.

I will devote my tarot exclusively* time to the Mary-El.
I will choose a card, randomly, each day and NOT look at the guidebook until the evening or following day.
I will keep a hand-written journal, as I have already begun, and try to keep my stupid blog up (its very tedious :( )
I will take my Mary El deck everywhere
I will do all those 'getting to know you'exercises, pathworkings, dream analysis etc etc

* I reserve the right to use the Thoth/Waite-Smith/Madonni for public readings

AmberFox

Awe...

I thought we are going to have another Vampyre fan here.... ah well :p

I just thought of something, as most of us are doing like a big spread reading a week as a rule... and so am I... because I started on tuesday the 5th of feb I shall do a daily 1 card draw every day and then on tuesday night lay all the previous daily cards out for both my tarot and my oracle and see if I can make a little story with them and do a big spread reading with the cards.

Just thought id share this.

Keep having fun you all and lets keep this going. any more ideas to inspire us all to stay with one deck??

BB AmberFox

Tarot Orat

because I started on tuesday the 5th of feb I shall do a daily 1 card draw every day and then on tuesday night lay all the previous daily cards out for both my tarot and my oracle and see if I can make a little story with them and do a big spread reading with the cards.

oooh what a great idea! That sounds like it could be extremely insightful and also quite a bit of fun; I love making stories out of the cards. It's a really good way to wrap up the week and make a cohesive whole out of the daily messages.

Tarot Orat

D'oh! I briefly cheated. I looked at a thread about the Mary-el Queen of Swords, saw that the card had some ravens on it, and Little Miss Ornithology had to chime in. It was mostly about ravens, I swear. But I guess that does count as sort-of-kind-of using another deck.

Consider my wrist self-swatted.