What's the highest price you've spent on a deck?

Chiriku

$800-$900 for a Pam D (I don't remember the exact price right now).

$1200 for a Pam A, and will be buried with it clutched in my dead hands

Perfect examples of decks with inherent value illustrating my point. While their price may go up or down in the market, the value is inherent and can't be taken away from them based on the whims of the deck-buying public.

No regrets about my somewhat pricey Lebanese. A few select cards, such as Temperance, would be worth the cost of the whole deck.

Well, that's what I was going to bring up. Most people who bought the Lebanese (another deck with objectively intrinsic value by the standards I set forth in my first post, above) will not find themselves regretting it, unless their child had to go without shoes for it.

Elven

$1200 for a Pam A, and will be buried with it clutched in my dead hands

:laugh: OK, I'm coming to your funeral - I'll be still trying to talk you into putting up on the Tarot Trading Forum ;)

Aulruna

I am trying to remember but I think it was for the Gaian 78 card LE set. It was quite a bit but mercifully I seem to have forgotten the amount.

Yes, that was my second most expensive deck ... But the exchange rate was fantastic at the time, and I know I told myself if I'd get 12 people in my Rune class at Readers Studio, I'd buy it. I got 36 :D Personally, I love that deck a lot.

greggers, I tend to think of you and me as immortal, but if you manage to be more immortal than me, you shall have the Transwaite. It needs special love.

VGimlet

But then the decks I have spent a lot on are counterbalanced by the fabulous, rare and OOP decks I have found for a song, so it all balances out.

Yep. That's how I feel too. There could be a lot worse ways to spend my disposable income. :p

loaa boa

I think around $100

WhiteWolfy

£100 for Tarot Affirmations (Sally Hill), these cards were larger than i expected but in as new condition so i caved in and bought them with no regrets ;)

Cassandra022

I paid $100 for Nusantara including shipping from Singapore, and I don't remember exactly but something around $120-130 for the de la Rea, including shipping from Denmark.

Those are my only purchases that broke the $100 mark and back when I was working full time and had money to spend on such things. Don't regret it at all - both those decks I adore, and I would not sell either even if someone offered me twice what I paid for them :0

That said, I don't forsee myself buying any other decks for that high a price. Firstly I don't have anywhere near that kind of money anymore (unemployed/underemployed grad student times hurrah) and besides that, I pretty much am satisfied with my collection - if anything, I want to do a small cull of sorts over the next year, slowly - and while I may be tempted by something occasionally...I can't think of any deck I would be willing to spend that much money on. The Daniloff is tempting but...I cannot justify it when money is tight and I already have plenty of decks that make me happy...

Chiska

I spent $100 on a deck. It was my birthday money from my MIL and I think it was a good thing.

AnneLien

Decks are expensive in Belgium so I always had to pay a lot of money (before I found online and international ordering) for mine. I think the most expensive one was about 50€ for the daughters of the moon tarot, a deck i really dislike .... I sold it for half the price I paid for it.

PAMUYA

I spent $75 once, but when reading I use a used deck RWS that I bought from a tarot teacher for $3.00. How many of you are acturaly reading for others with these expensive decks? or are they part of your collection?