Now all 78 COLOURED images of Jean-Pierre Payen deck are available!!

kenji

About a month ago I made a request to Beinecke Library at Yale University, and to my great joy it has been granted:D

At last we have access to pretty fine (about 800 X 1,500 pixels each) FULL-COLOUR images of ALL THE 78 cards of Jean-Pierre Payen deck!!

http://brbl-legacy.library.yale.edu/carycards/default.asp
Enter the number '2466' in the' Recorded ID' field in the ADVANCED SEARCH, and behold...

Thanks to this, I feel something I've long been suspecting is nearly cleared up;
now it seems quite likely that the clothes of J-P Payen's BATELEUR too has 5 buttons on it, just like Jean Dodal's...

And I have got more confident that this deck deserves to be given higher place than Dodal as the earliest TdM I specimen...

My fellow TdM lovers, let's celebrate. Yell for Yale!:love:

1130745.jpg

roppo

WELL DONE ! KENJI!

Your contributions to the Tarot world have been immense, and we are really proud of you!!

Bluefeet

This is stunning! A great treasure to all TdM fans! :love: Thank you, kenji!

BSwett

What a beauty <3 <3 <3

eltarot78

HelloKenji, thank you very much for the link, is really a
delight to my eyes,

Yves Le Marseillais

What about a new facsimile ??? ha ha......

Hello Kenji and all passionate,

Yes it give me idea to do it in facsimile.

I have many decks in projects after Madenié and Chosson.

This one is in my list of course and I will study this possibility knowing that there is many originals copies of it worldwide.

Kenji you are always searching how to develop our knowledge by this sort of result, orientation and difficult tracking researches.

I thanks you dear Kenji for all you gave, give today and will give in future.

A BIG Electronic Hug to you ;))))

Yves LM

jackdaw*

Beautiful! Thanks, Kenji :thumbsup:

OnePotato

Thanks, Kenji!
Good work!

Bertrand

Wonderful !
And I have got more confident that this deck deserves to be given higher place than Dodal as the earliest TdM I specimen...
highly possible, the JPPayen is a very important TdM1 deck anyway.
Yell for Yale!:love:
and for Kenji, blessings to you !

Seeing this I may consider creating a remake of this deck !
EDITED TO ADD : no remake needed if Yves makes a proper fac simile !

Bertrand

eltarot78

In these files, the size and the resolution that they have
I can say that I first saw recently what are the original lines, are incredible.

Being able to see the lines as close as they are made​​, makes me understand more and more the times Yves mentioned to me what is to see the real thing decks in museums.

Now I have the files on my PC and a tablet, all I seen about 50 times at least, and I never tire of watching them :p drooling

I got to "play" clean some stains and match colors, the hardest thing is to work on the green, the rescue or enhance the lines on this color.

My perspective of what might prove to be a restoration, to become another type of work I did before.

If someone has "crazy" idea to approach this as a project to carry it forward, of course I want you to know that you can count on my support, suggestions, etc.

if Yves choose to do in facsimile i would look great
although in this particular case necessary a couple of restoration work on a few cards.

Even before the Jean Pierre Payen, my vote is still your next facsimile is the Claude Burdel :D