Deck in progress: Brass & Steam (steampunk)

ematuskey

Thanks Anise! And I'm really really happy how well the 4 artists were able to match styles!

Take a look at the gallery here:

http://www.brassandsteam.com/gallery.html

That's how I'm thinking of doing the borders--1/4 inch around the card. I just have to decide what size--definitely bigger than standard, but probably not 4x6, which is how these mockups are sized. Maybe 3x5.5, or 3.5x5.5...

dawning_tarot

i'm torn here, i'm a huge steam punk fan. i love the images thinking they are brilliantly done. yet not fully getting a "tarot" vibe from it, which is seriously disappointing to me. :(

ematuskey

I understand, DT! I didn't want to just reskin the Rider-Waite/classic deck, so I tried to look into the meanings behind the cards, which resulted in imagery that is, indeed, very different in a lot of cases. It's not going to be for everyone--but I'm glad you like the art, regardless!

dawning_tarot

I understand, DT! I didn't want to just reskin the Rider-Waite/classic deck, so I tried to look into the meanings behind the cards, which resulted in imagery that is, indeed, very different in a lot of cases. It's not going to be for everyone--but I'm glad you like the art, regardless!

i'm more drawn to the Thoth, but artwork is beautiful. i'm thinking i might get a print or two though. :)

ematuskey

Ha--actually, I used the Thoth deck (specifically Crowley's companion book) as a lot of inspiration for designing this one (though I kept the names and order the same as RW).

reall

And that's it--this is the last piece of art for the deck. I can't believe it's finally done (aside from all the production work I now need to finish so this can go to the printer :p)!

Princess of Cups, painted by Alexandra Albu.

YeY! Congrats!:)) so happy to hear steampunk community got new gear deck!XD lolz :))

AllorahRayne

Awesome!

This deck is stunning and puts an awesome spin on Steampunk style. Keep me updated on the progress because I would love to help you promote and get this published!!

Allorah <3