Deck in progress: Brass & Steam (steampunk)

swimming in tarot

I'm enjoying the deck so far, each card vivid and vibrant. But I expressly want to commend you for also taking the trouble to create an astounding card-back. Ornate, complex, tasteful tones, the suggestion of a lemniscate, makes the most of the space available, and it says STEAMPUNK. No forgetting which deck is which, with this card-back. I'm not so fond of solid-colour card-backs with demure little pencil-stripe borders.

ematuskey

Thank you very much! The artist I gave this part of the project to really outdid herself with the detail--and I made very sure that the image looked the same whether the card was upright or reversed. Plus, it makes a great border for the card art on the other side. ;)

Thank you again--glad you're liking what you're seeing!

ematuskey

BTW, counting 3 in-progress cards (Justice, King of Cups, King of Pentacles--see the flier!), there are only 11 cards left to do--I can't believe the finish line is in sight!

http://www.brassandsteam.com/gallery.html

Attachments

• SneakPeeks.jpg
    SneakPeeks.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 186

ematuskey

Shortly after posting that, one of my artists sent 2 finished pieces--behold Justice and the King of Cups, painted by Alex Boca for the Tarot of Brass & Steam!

Attachments

• Justice small.jpg
    Justice small.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 168
  • KingCups small.jpg
    KingCups small.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 164

ematuskey

King of Pentacles, painted by the awesome Brooke Gillette. 11 cards (out of 42 illustrated) to go!

Attachments

• King of seeds preview.jpg
    King of seeds preview.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 162

ematuskey

Thank you both! :D

VGimlet

I am a proud backer :D

Me too, in fact I was just going to log into kickstarter to see how things were going, LOL. So nice to see the updates here. :cool4:

I think I am going to love this deck.