Wildwood - 5 of Stones - Endurance

flipperjane

There is a solitary child, wrapped in a fur or wrap of some kind, sitting at the mouth of a cave pocking a fire with a stick. The scene is one of darkness and lonliness with a fork of lightening earthing in the distance. The cave is made up of 5 huge massive slabs of rock.

This 'five' is much easier to understand I think. There is a sense of waiting - perhaps for dawn after the long night, of some inner strength and courage to be by yourself in the dark night. It could seem like a very low point but it is only for now - dawn will herald a new day.

Ziev

This 'five' is much easier to understand I think. There is a sense of waiting - perhaps for dawn after the long night, of some inner strength and courage to be by yourself in the dark night. It could seem like a very low point but it is only for now - dawn will herald a new day.

I agree. I do like this card. Endurance. I looks like this boy left in a hurry. He doesn’t have any clothing except for the blanket around him or shoes on his feet. The boy is having to go through the night alone with no proper shelter, friends, or family. No food to eat or enough clothing to keep warm. He did find enough resources to start a fire. I think the image is works well.

hopena

Over the past two years, I have actually felt like the child in the card - or lived it out a little bit, taking off on my own, to get away from stress at home. I would leave quickly, with my book, a torch, and something to eat and drink, and sit in the woods, or outside on the property, and try to figure out how to make it on my own. I would always come back home, but this child most likely doesn't have that option. :heart:

I like that he/she is somewhat protected by the cave, and knows how to build a fire. They're warm(ish) and at least temporarily safe from the storm.