Pocket RWS Editions or Printings

jillkite

hi,
i am a lover of RWS (yellow box), sometimes i try to find another deck for fun, but never manage to find one i like more that this traditional favourite. i have owned the pocket, mini and tiny editions of this deck, never anything larger.

for the pocket edition, there seems to be one printed in 1991 and one printed in 1993.
i`m not sure which i have (LWB no longer with me), but lately i have become aware of such matters as cardstock and stickiness, and notice that the exactly same cards a friend has have thinner card stock than mine, and are perhaps less `sticky` (though being someone elses deck i`ve never handled them so cannot be sure).

checking the boxes, the ISBN`s are the same. the only thing i can see is that mine has `Printed in China` on the box, above the US Games address, and her`s has `Made in China` with a serial number underneath, before the US Games address. i guess these are different printings?

does anyone know the Pocket edition so well that they can tell me if `Made in China` cards will be less `sticky` than `Printed in China` cards?

i don`t want to invest in new cards if they will have the same, or worse stickiness than those i already have.

thanks a lot for any help and advice you can give.

PS is there anyone else out there who prefers Pocket size over the regular size, not just for travel, but in general ??

PPS Happy Solstice! I`m glad to have joined the forum on this day of full power light :)

Richard

Talcum powder sprinkled on the cards usually cures stickiness.

PS. Happy solstice and welcome to the forum.

jillkite

thanks a lot for the tip.
should i rub the talc over them after sprinkling, or just sprinkle with talc and then give a good shuffle? guess it will make them smell nice too :)

Richard

thanks a lot for the tip.
should i rub the talc over them after sprinkling, or just sprinkle with talc and then give a good shuffle? guess it will make them smell nice too :)
The main thing is to get it all over all the cards. Sprinkle and shuffle should be good enough. If not, do it again. Yes, it can make them smell better. :)

treedog

Talcum powder sprinkled on the cards usually cures stickiness.

I love how immanently practical this site can be. I have a set of BOTA cards that got sticky because I was experimenting with different spray fixitives. I went to a well-know drugstore chain here in the states and 3 clerks never hear the word Talcum powder. Huh?

I persevered and bought some basic body power. The minute I sprinkled it on the cards and felt the fine slickness of it I knew I had found the right stuff. PERFECT! Somedays it's the small things, and when they can be mangaged, it's Material Success. Thanks for that one.

Richard

I just use Shower to Shower body powder. :)