Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Decks Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

loquitaaphrodite 
Citizen

cutting cards or cards jumping at me...

everytime i cut cards to shuffle i keep seeing the same cards, no matter how much i shuffle them... the two of cups, lovers, the sun & 10 of cups... over, over and over... i am new to the tarot but i get a sense that spirit is trying to convey something to me through the tarot. or maybe its nothing? im pregnant & stressed b/c me & my ex are not together anymore... maybe this energy is transfering into the cards?
loquitaaphrodite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
nisaba 
Tarot-Tart

Tarot cards will try and tell you what you need to hear. Conversely, once you've understood it correctly, they will stop.

Life is a holy moment, a brief flash of sentience in the sacred abyss.

Nisaba: Beautiful, and Fabulously Twisted.
nisaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
loquitaaphrodite 
Citizen

thank you nibia... i know what the cards mean individually, but idk or cant see how it applies to me, other than 'the sun' card which could be indicating that im having a healthy happy baby boy. the rest im simply confused b/c it shows partnership and a traditional family which is not part of my life b/c im pregnant & single. maybe a partnership between me and the baby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisaba View Post
Tarot cards will try and tell you what you need to hear. Conversely, once you've understood it correctly, they will stop.
Old 06-07-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
werewolfmoon 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by loquitaaphrodite View Post
everytime i cut cards to shuffle i keep seeing the same cards, no matter how much i shuffle them... the two of cups, lovers, the sun & 10 of cups... over, over and over... i am new to the tarot but i get a sense that spirit is trying to convey something to me through the tarot. or maybe its nothing? im pregnant & stressed b/c me & my ex are not together anymore... maybe this energy is transfering into the cards?
Was it a four card reading or were some cards clarifiers?

I see the Lovers as more about choices than love itself and combined with the two of cups I'd say its saying how much love you and your child will share when he/she is born and how much of a loving and happy family unit you will make together, regardless of whether dad is around or not. Its a lovely set of cards to receive I'd say.

Old 06-07-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
willowfox 
Ex-fortuneteller

***I think the cards need a real shuffle, like putting them in the blender then you won't see the same cards for a while.
willowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
AJ 
Free

the top and bottom cards stay very near the top and bottom of the deck when shuffling.

take 1/3 of the deck, move it to the top or bottom and shuffle again. Cures the repeating problem.
You will also hear about that problem from people who deal their spread off the top like poker.
shuffle and fan and pull at random, another cure for the problem.
AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
kalliope 
Citizen

If you "cut" your deck after shuffling, your deck could always be breaking at the same cards because they might have the slightest warp or bend to them. This creates an air pocket that allows the deck to split very easily at those cards. And then those cards will always end up at the top of your pile to begin laying out the spread. AJ also had a good suggestion to make sure you're thoroughly mixing up the deck.

Sometimes I will pick a number while I'm shuffling, and then will count to that card to start laying them out. That nicely solved my repeating problem with a certain deck!

If you do all of these things and you still get repeating cards, then I think it's really tarot sending you a message.
kalliope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
loquitaaphrodite 
Citizen

thanks guys, i'll try that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
the top and bottom cards stay very near the top and bottom of the deck when shuffling.

take 1/3 of the deck, move it to the top or bottom and shuffle again. Cures the repeating problem.
You will also hear about that problem from people who deal their spread off the top like poker.
shuffle and fan and pull at random, another cure for the problem.
Old 07-07-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
ravenest 
knight wider

Quote:
Originally Posted by loquitaaphrodite View Post
thank you nibia... i know what the cards mean individually, but idk or cant see how it applies to me, other than 'the sun' card which could be indicating that im having a healthy happy baby boy. the rest im simply confused b/c it shows partnership and a traditional family which is not part of my life b/c im pregnant & single. maybe a partnership between me and the baby?
If I was doing that reading for you that would be my conclusion ; 2 of cups ... a very pure form of love .... then Lovers after it , just to cement the point, Sun, good energy bursting forth and bringing joy and life, 10 cups a fulfilment of emotional energy, satisfaction, completion.

One could say a new wonderful relationship, but lets kick the silly men out of the picture for a mo, what is one of the deepest and highest and purest forms of love? I believe it is maternal ... especially at this stage and with the new child (and they will love you back just as much). The Sun seems a prefect image here ... and the resultant 10 cups

Frankly it seems so obvious to me I am surprised you haven't had a flood of replies saying the same?

The single pregnant mum is a very emotive dynamic ... there are a lot in the country area I live in ... it is a very female area ( and marked that way by the indigenous peoples here - there is a woman's birth pool in the river near my cabin). Make sure you are near people that are understanding of your situation and will enjoy offering help (we are out there ... some of us are 'silly men' ).

Many single women and couples, over the years, stayed at our property to give birth , and in many cases stayed on as their children grew up ... its been a wonderful sharing experience .

I have to say that those cards, to me, indicate a similar wonderful experience for you.

Old 07-07-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
ravenest 
knight wider

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisaba View Post

Old 07-07-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10