Best Recommended Books or Links To Learn Cartomancy

sunstallion

Hi,

After abandoning tarot cards for like a year or more. I was told by my Spirit Guides through a few psychic mediums to learn how to read a regular playing deck card as Cartomancy because regular playing cards are more suitable for me than tarot cards.

So, I would like to ask for recommendation of the best books or links on cartomancy.

Respectfully yours and Blessings,

kalliope

Hi sunstallion,

You may want to check out this older thread about cartomancy methods, in which several people gave good recommendations and their thoughts on various authors. I listed my favorites there, which are Kapherus's The Art of Cartomancy website, and a book by Regina Russell (more details are in my post in that thread.)

I also really love the Playing Card Oracles by Ana Cortez. There is a free ebook that you can download, and she has some videos on YouTube. She has her own deck available from US Games, but you can use a regular pack of playing cards, too. She's a little less down-and-dirty-fortune-teller-y in style than the other methods, so it depends on what you're looking for. She has several neat layouts and combines geomancy in her method to great effect.

Many people like the book by Louise Woods that Lee mentions in that thread, but unfortunately the price for used copies has gone up dramatically. (And beware if you search for it online, there is another cartomancy book with a similar name by someone else with the last name of Woods! If you go to buy one, make sure it's the author you mean.)

The Hedgewytchery method is very popular, but the author's website is no longer up and running. You can find the site archived here, though:
Hedgewytchery site on the Wayback Machine
You'll want to download the three lessons with pages titled, "The Wise and Subtle Arts of Cartomancy", "The Wytch of Middling Memory", and "The Wytch of Exceptional Memory". You can find a very old Aeclectic thread about the method here. In this post, I give a link where you can download the images of the missing four layouts.

And finally, if you are very familiar with astrology, you may be interested in this blog post by Kapherus. He reviews a pamphlet called Card Reading for Astrologers by Carolyn R Dodson. I got myself a copy, and it's a clever method that would be relatively easy for someone with a good background in astrology.

Here are two more really good threads on cartomancy to check out (lots of methods):
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=174903
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=97772

ana luisa

I second on Kapherus Art of Cartomancy. He did a reading for me once and I was REALLY impressed on how he explained the cards. He is very good at what does and an excellent teacher.