The Magician Fantastical Creatures Help

valentinesummers20

Hi everyone,

I started the journey of the Fool and I'm currently discovering the Magician.

With the Fool besides studying him and doing research I also put the card under my pillow for 3 nights and I got a whole lot to work with and they really connected to how many people describe the Fool, even the Amphisbaena (which is the creature representing the Fool in these tarot cards) made some sense, They can be intimidating as I believe they are very complex but at the moment I'm simply getting to know the cards.

How could the Magician from the Fantastical Creatures (which is represented by a Winged Cat) connect to THE Magician. I noticed that certain symbolism is missing (like the infinity).
Are missing symbolism being represented in other symbols?

Patience and help would be greatly appreciated! :)
Thanks

PS: Picture of the card is in the following link:

http://www.enchantedkingdoms.com/Images/Tarot_and_Games/Fantastical_Creatures_The_Magician.jpg

valentinesummers20

oh crap I should have known that... I just looked back at the book I'm reading ''Devil's Picture Book'' and yeah many of them don't have the infinite symbol. Thank you for sharing.

I'm just trying to get the card as the mini-booklet that comes with it isn't so much help.

Serenia

I see the cat as an animal that is very self-assured (usually; this one at least) and that knows how to get what it wants. You can see the light coming from the little window behind him that is shining upon him (for some reason I believe it's a male cat). This light shows his special position and his special powers.

He doesn't have all the elemental symbols, but he has a wand, which (for me) is a symbol of being creative and dynamic, being able to imagine things and getting stuff done.

He can do anything he wants and he knows this - he believes in himself. To me, this is a very powerful card. It is about believing in yourself and being able to achieve what you want.

Edited to add: You can see that he has his eyes wide open - he is very observing and intelligent. The wings on his back show that he's able to fly, in the figurative sense, meaning that he is able to do something that other cats can't do.

valentinesummers20

I see the cat as an animal that is very self-assured (usually; this one at least) and that knows how to get what it wants. You can see the light coming from the little window behind him that is shining upon him (for some reason I believe it's a male cat). This light shows his special position and his special powers.

He doesn't have all the elemental symbols, but he has a wand, which (for me) is a symbol of being creative and dynamic, being able to imagine things and getting stuff done.

He can do anything he wants and he knows this - he believes in himself. To me, this is a very powerful card. It is about believing in yourself and being able to achieve what you want.

Edited to add: You can see that he has his eyes wide open - he is very observing and intelligent. The wings on his back show that he's able to fly, in the figurative sense, meaning that he is able to do something that other cats can't do.

That is simply an amazing way of looking at the card, your view of it really connected to me especially the ''the wings on his back how that he's able to fly, in the figurative sense, meaning that he is able to do something that other cats can't do''

Thank you very much my friend, I really appreciate it

valentinesummers20

I have just worked on interpreting the Magician, tell me what you think :)

Winged Cat - The Winged Cat represents the Magician. Cats in general are considered to be very psychic creatures capable of enhancing a magician's power during a ritual, and able to see into the Otherworld.

Cat's Wings - The Wings symbolize the cat's freedom to create (the world is what you make of it) and the control he has over what he creates (having control of a situation for example).

The Light - The light reveals the Magician, it shows that he is confident, special/powerful in his own ways. When not representing the querent, the light shining on the Magician can symbolize hope (maybe the querent is seeking help outside him/herself) although the Magician's appearance can seem pleasant, you can never know what his intentions are. It can be a warning card to not let the eye fool you or trust just anyone who seems ''nice''. When representing someone other then the querent, the Magician can be both positive or negative.

The Divination Tools - On the table the Magician has the crystal ball and rune stones, these symbolize the ability to use many forms of divination tools. It can also show that the Magician is aware of his past and knows what he wants to create in the future. Having too much control can distract you from living the present but not if balanced.

The Books - Books to me symbolize knowledge. For some reason I feel like the open books are personal to the magician, some sort of journal or book of shadows, this shows that the Magician keeps track of what happens to him and around him. To me this also symbolizes a wise person.

The Dreamcatcher - Dream are like messages sent to us by our subconscious mind. The dreamcatcher has a hole which welcomes good dreams to pass onto the Magician but bad dreams are trapped to the web and disappear. I personally believe that ''good dreams'' are the messages sent by our subconscious and ''bad dreams'' are some sort of attack outside of ourselves. This shows that the Magician has the ability to communicate with his subconscious.

The Wand - Wands are associated with matters of intuition and thought processes. The Magician-cat has his paws on the Wand symbolizing the control he has over what he creates. It also symbolizes new beginnings, activity and wisdom and it is telling us that this might be the right time to take action and/or an excellent time to make certain that thoughts and energies flow in harmony.

Collar Bell - The Magician-cat wears the bell to clear negative energies where ever he goes. If one can't stand the sound of a bell then he/she isn't in peace with themselves, to me the Magician-cat is very in peace with who he is.

Elements - Although there is no obvious sign of elements, I could see representations of them.
Water: If you look at the dreamcatchers pattern (which to me is a very unusual patter) it looks like a seashell which to me can represent water.
Fire: There is the sunshine (Sun = Fire) and theres the Wand/Staff which is connected to the Fire element.
Air: The Magician-cat's wings can represent air.
Earth: This element can be represented by what it looks like dried-plants/herbs/roots on the ceiling.

Other Notes - The Magician-cat stands proud and tall, unintimidated.
The symbols on the rune stones aren't very clear, if someone can identify that would be great.

Thanks for reading