Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

gozal3 
Citizen

Two of Wands

How would you read two of wands as being satisfied/happy on a result or still not up to expectation?
gozal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
willowfox 
Ex-fortuneteller

***The 2 wands suggests happy as the guy is at the top surveying his estate. So the card assumes that he is lord and master of his estate.
willowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Thirteen 
The Thirteenth Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozal3 View Post
How would you read two of wands as being satisfied/happy on a result or still not up to expectation?
Happy is, perhaps, too strong a word. Satisfied is more right. The man made a choice--took up one wand and left the other, very similar wand behind. He isn't looking back nor judging the wand he picked as "not up to expectations." He may not be ecstatically happy or jumping for joy or anything like that, but he's not regretting his decision either. He's content with his decision, content with the results, and moving on to the next stage.

Very matter-of-fact, very "satisfied."
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
gozal3 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowfox View Post
***The 2 wands suggests happy as the guy is at the top surveying his estate. So the card assumes that he is lord and master of his estate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
Happy is, perhaps, too strong a word. Satisfied is more right. The man made a choice--took up one wand and left the other, very similar wand behind. He isn't looking back nor judging the wand he picked as "not up to expectations." He may not be ecstatically happy or jumping for joy or anything like that, but he's not regretting his decision either. He's content with his decision, content with the results, and moving on to the next stage.

I used Vanessa Tarot and here's the image of the Two of Wands.
http://i42.tinypic.com/303k1tc.jpg

Based on the picture of this deck, I would say the woman holding on to the test tube is likely showing a new discovery she made with the chemicals. I agree with Thirteen this is more on a satisfied action than being happy. Thank you WF and Thirteen.
Old 25-07-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
cheimonette 
Citizen

Adding on "happy" and "satisfied" (I also think "satisfied" is more apt, as it suggests more ownership of the situation), I would add that I think this card is also about some real effort and skill. The two of wands is a first look at the possibilities- what you can really attain with your knowledge, expertise, and desire. It's a shift in perspective, a view of all that one can accomplish, gain, and be.
cheimonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
gozal3 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheimonette View Post
Adding on "happy" and "satisfied" (I also think "satisfied" is more apt, as it suggests more ownership of the situation), I would add that I think this card is also about some real effort and skill. The two of wands is a first look at the possibilities- what you can really attain with your knowledge, expertise, and desire. It's a shift in perspective, a view of all that one can accomplish, gain, and be.
Agree on your take, this is more on a 'satisfied' card. Yes from the picture on the card, it shows some real effort and skills perhaps in mixing the solutions to get the final discovery of the chemicals in the test tube. Thanks cheimonette.
Old 26-07-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
RaaD 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

Or from the other had as we see him exploring the horizon trying to find new possibilities?
RaaD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
nisaba 
Tarot-Tart

Quote:
The result hasn't happened yet. There is still some waiting (or work) to do before you can start talking in terms of a result.

Life is a holy moment, a brief flash of sentience in the sacred abyss.

Nisaba: Beautiful, and Fabulously Twisted.
nisaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
willowfox 
Ex-fortuneteller

Quote:
Based on the picture of this deck, I would say the woman holding on to the test tube is likely showing a new discovery she made with the chemicals. I agree with Thirteen this is more on a satisfied action than being happy. Thank you WF and Thirteen.
***Satisfaction leads to happiness, a job well done.
willowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
Luminosa 
Citizen

Talking

I totally agree with Willowfox that 2 of wands = happiness. Last week we had the final football match for South American Cup and a Brazilian team that hadnít won for years got the Cup defeating the traditional winner of this contest (a Paraguaian team). I had made a prediction that we would get it and I was right. The spread final cards were Devil+2 of Wands. Cheers!
Luminosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today